Cry-Astro has been invaded by Pirates - What stand shall we take

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Good thinking you two, but there is a problem. One talli is going to be destroyed in the time it takes to get out of QT. That's how they were operating. Try two or three, jumping at once that might overwhelm them for long enough.

I was thinking more along the lines of using the tali for adding to any confusion having a group of fighters qt in all at once causes, that presents too many targets to swarm.

Also, they're watching the approach from P.O., so ideally you could approach from Cellin or Yella or another point, so you don't appear where they are watching and ready to swarm. make them work for it.

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Let the consequences commence!

*opens Ezz "All posts" list*

*Opens 10 tabs of most recent posts*

LET THE LIKE STORM COMMENCE!

I see being called a bellend as permission :slight_smile:

EDIT - Apologies, I feel bad now :smile: This is why i'm not a troll, feeling bad about being a prick stops NaffNaff from being a baddie.

Last edited:

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Good thinking you two, but there is a problem. One talli is going to be destroyed in the time it takes to get out of QT. That's how they were operating. Try two or three, jumping at once that might overwhelm them for long enough.

I was thinking more along the lines of using the tali for adding to any confusion having a group of fighters qt in all at once causes, that presents too many targets to swarm.

Also, they're watching the approach from P.O., so ideally you could approach from Cellin or Yella or another point, so you don't appear where they are watching and ready to swarm. make them work for it.
I can't wait for the Hammerhead! This is what it was made for!

I agree with your idea of tactics...obviously, a lot depends on the numbers you can muster. Certainly, having a mix of single seat fighters would be good, a command/observer, and some heavier support ships would be good. Add in an EMP ship or 2 (the Raven would be great!) and you could get some pretty interesting battles going. (with larger numbers, you could even go at Cry-Astro from 2 different directions...)

I don't think the engineering station on the Retaliator is working right now (if I'm wrong, let me know). In 2.6.3 I was in a battle where we had most turrets manned and an engineer, and that fellow did a great job managing the shields by moving power to the side we were being attacked. If you could do that, the Retaliator can take much more of a beating, and could be useful as a support craft / target magnet.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
(with larger numbers, you could even go at Cry-Astro from 2 different directions...)
yep. I forgot to say that, but it's an obvious confusion factor. Something else I realize now that I've had more of a chance to think about it. There is a huge flaw in their tactics. They're thinking is linear, and 2 dimensional. But space is 3 dimensions. There needs to be a way to leverage that.

Thing is though, an impromptu team isn't going to do much to these guys, regardless of the tactics used. You could outnumber them and still lose if the team wasn't coordinated. Like I said they were casually good... by that I mean they could joke and talk about the taste of their spaghetti and meatballs recipes while identifying threats and prioritizing ships correctly, and drinking beer (one was pretty obviously drunk) while they fought.

I was looking at the leaderboards for Arena Commander. Renegade Squadron is mentioned far too often in the top 25 for a group with only 60 members. Test Squadron is in there too, sometimes even ahead of them, just not as often. It leads me to think Renegade Squadron members don't have day jobs - and do not drink nearly enough beer.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Let the consequences commence!

*opens Ezz "All posts" list*

*Opens 10 tabs of most recent posts*

LET THE LIKE STORM COMMENCE!

I see being called a bellend as permission :slight_smile:

EDIT - Apologies, I feel bad now :smile: This is why i'm not a troll, feeling bad about being a prick stops NaffNaff from being a baddie.
Argh, I've been liked back faster and harder! But should I escalate? Well, as long as he doesn't call me a bellend again...

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I agree @marcsand2. I seriously don't mind their reasoning, I don't necessarily agree this is the best way to do it, but its *something* they can do. These players do not do trading or mining, they want to do combat, that's what they do. There are people in TEST who feel kind of the same way honestly, or have expressed some similar opinions to the PU combat situation.

But for me, as long as they continue to announce their presence, and don't blockade a choke point so that nobody else can enjoy the game (such as it is) then I'm actually good with it. It's actually a bit of fun. It's not like there aren't alternatives to cryAstro for players who "need" to pass through there. I think I have landed there for repairs, like once in the last 3 months. I might have been in the ptu when I did that.

The posts I made here are about how you might counter this, not a complaint about it. Besides, I'm basically figuring on them getting bored with this, in a few weeks and moving on. For these players, this may be their end-game.

It might be interesting to see how CIG responds though.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
As a public area, I thought CryAstro should get some defense forces or automated turrets to protect from griefing.

Why has that not been done yet.

Unplayable. #refund
That was my first thought when I heard about this.... where is the defense turrets on CryAstro ?

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I really want to stand up to these bullies but I am just too scared!

JESUS!!! 3.2 is REALLY realistic isn't it!!! :D

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I really want to stand up to these bullies but I am just too scared!
Soo I got a little bit curious. No missions available, so I jumped to CryAstro to take a peek. Nobody home.
I continued to Cellin, did some clearing (I was flying without glasses a few days ago and suddenly the landing pad of Grim Hex jumped on the nose of my Delta, how mean of that landing pad!!!! (absolutely no beer involved!!!)) when I was cleared again I went back to CryAstro, still nobody home, only a few NPCs.
I continued to Yela, not a lot to do, still no missions available, so I jumped a 3rd time to CryAstro. Bingo!!!! A lone hostile Razor was flying around CryAstro. OK, that is not a lot.
While passing him at a safe distance (orange targets also can be nice people, don't engage unless getting engaged) he started to engage me. OK, apparently this orange person wasn't one of the nice people, so I returned fire. He couldn't do a lot against my Gladius, I also couldn't land a lot of hits on this small target. After a few minutes of fighting the guy started to jojo, end of fight. Houston, we have a problem.
I spooled up my jump drive and lined up with Port Olisar. At that moment 3 or 4 hostiles jumped in. It is fun to do a fair fight, but when a Sabre, a Cutlass and I didn't check the other hostiles, start to use me for target practice, then I don't feel like I want to give them the satisfaction to blow me out of the sky.

The most disturbing thing however was that nobody asked for any EUC. I feel deeply offended!!!! Is my explosion worth nothing? I thought that you had to pay to use CryAstro, nobody told anything about entering CryAstro space.... I demand a fee next time!!!! Not that I have a lot of UEC. Or at least an attempt to communicate... the Gladius doesn't has a chat window when powered up, which happens to be the case most of the time while flying.... but as least try to ask kindly, I'm not the boogie man.

Now it is time for another beer :beers:

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
The most disturbing thing however was that nobody asked for any EUC. I feel deeply offended!!!! Is my explosion worth nothing? I thought that you had to pay to use CryAstro, nobody told anything about entering CryAstro space.... I demand a fee next time!!!! Not that I have a lot of UEC. Or at least an attempt to communicate... the Gladius doesn't has a chat window when powered up, which happens to be the case most of the time while flying.... but as least try to ask kindly, I'm not the boogie man.
This is about the funniest thing I've read all day. It IS fun isn't it? But you got two points today, because this...

Now it is time for another beer :beers:
is about the best idea I've heard since I started work at 7 this morning. It's now almost 4:30 in the afternoon, and I'm getting thirsty.

Forgot your password?