Elite: Dangerous TEST Squadron

lex

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2015
RSI Handle
rlex
Yea, it seems that servers went live few minutes ago.

Sooo... you can now receive speeding ticket.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Yea, it seems that servers went live few minutes ago.

Sooo... you can now receive speeding ticket.
...so, going full throttle like a bat out of hell when exiting one of the hollow can stations is a bad idea now? I'm pretty sure I made some people poo their pants when I exited the gates at the same time they were coming in.

lex

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2015
RSI Handle
rlex
...so, going full throttle like a bat out of hell when exiting one of the hollow can stations is a bad idea now? I'm pretty sure I made some people poo their pants when I exited the gates at the same time they were coming in.
I wasn't able to receive speeding fine yet, but it shows warning when you over 100km/h near station.

I traded my viper for diamondback scout and i'm loving it. Got mine at Leesti btw, geared on Leesti and Zaonce.

Pro:
Maneurable! Probably more agile than eagle and viper. Might be just a placebo, but...
Same firepower as viper, but hardpoints have slightly smaller deadzone. Very nice for gimballed weapons.
+2 utility mounts compared to Viper.
All benefits of explorer ship - 16 T fuel tank and 20 LY jump range fully upgraded. Can be "deep space fighter".

Cons:
Costs way more than viper, incl upgrades (4A generator 1.5mil alone, not counting 4A thrusters and 4A FSD). Mine totaling ~6mil
Less top speed compared to viper and some other ships. Viper can easily escape scout...
Chassis seems to be more fragile.

http://coriolis.io/outfit/diamondback/24A4A4E2E3A2A4C27270p0p000l040441585824

tl;dr - pretty nice ship between viper and vulture.

UPD: sold diamondback, bought vulture.

Other things i noticed:
1) Docking computer can now find airlock. It also uses boost to land faster. Good for second-screen trading.
2) Wedding events o_O and other random stuff in deep space. Galaxy feel more alive now.

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
I will be back home in a few weeks..

I plan on getting back in ED and starting over (since I really went no where)... I will be enlisting the testies for support and guidance...

So... don't get burned out of this new patch yet ;)

lex

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2015
RSI Handle
rlex
somebody please take this game away from me.
I've been up for 16 hours, i earned ~20 millions CR today.
One last trade run and i'm going to sleep, i promise.
Gods...

Reactions: Dalarast

UnderSc0re

Space Marshal
Mar 17, 2015
RSI Handle
UnderSc0re
Just a couple of server outages and absolutely insane ship integrity repair costs.
Are you doing rares or just commodities? I told myself I was going to play all weekend and watch movies but I just watched movies.

lex

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2015
RSI Handle
rlex
Are you doing rares or just commodities? I told myself I was going to play all weekend and watch movies but I just watched movies.
I tried commodities in 100T and it was less profitable than rares right now (probably due to amount of rares in diso).

Diso => 39 Tauri => Diso nets me around 1.5mil/hour (50 mins to be precise). Till 15 (or 11, i can't find exact info) June diso (shifnalport) will always have 50T diso ma corn in stock, while tauri have 2-17 rares for reverse route. ~11 jumps with my Asp. With some luck it nets me ~1 mil round trip (but mostly 800-900k). ~30 mins full trip including docking, buying and selling. I'm on 40M balance now and ~12M Asp.

As well as "Broker" trading rank which sometimes nets pretty nice missions (like 300k CR for delivering some minerals from system in 10LY range). Also smuggling missions - they usually have 100-200k CR payout.

Best doing it while playing some other game / reading / watching something.

New docking computer helps here - it can find entry and dock without problems (at least for me) which makes this method even more AFK.

I occasionally visit different systems on my way to sell rares and take notes like high RES / conflict zone / "Fer-de-lance in stock here".

Sorta boring, but pretty rewarding for starter like me. I'm gonna hammer it for next few days so i have enough money for python (or maybe T9) to start proper trading to afford fully geared vulture (or maybe even FDL, who knows).

Honestly, trading is the only fast way to build your wealth. Everything else... is much more fun, but slow.

UnderSc0re

Space Marshal
Mar 17, 2015
RSI Handle
UnderSc0re
I tried commodities in 100T and it was less profitable than rares right now (probably due to amount of rares in diso).

Diso => 39 Tauri => Diso nets me around 1.5mil/hour (50 mins to be precise). Till 15 (or 11, i can't find exact info) June diso (shifnalport) will always have 50T diso ma corn in stock, while tauri have 2-17 rares for reverse route. ~11 jumps with my Asp. With some luck it nets me ~1 mil round trip (but mostly 800-900k). ~30 mins full trip including docking, buying and selling. I'm on 40M balance now and ~12M Asp.

As well as "Broker" trading rank which sometimes nets pretty nice missions (like 300k CR for delivering some minerals from system in 10LY range). Also smuggling missions - they usually have 100-200k CR payout.

Best doing it while playing some other game / reading / watching something.

New docking computer helps here - it can find entry and dock without problems (at least for me) which makes this method even more AFK.

I occasionally visit different systems on my way to sell rares and take notes like high RES / conflict zone / "Fer-de-lance in stock here".

Sorta boring, but pretty rewarding for starter like me. I'm gonna hammer it for next few days so i have enough money for python (or maybe T9) to start proper trading to afford fully geared vulture (or maybe even FDL, who knows).

Honestly, trading is the only fast way to build your wealth. Everything else... is much more fun, but slow.
Nice yeah I got myself in trouble with Fed and Emp lately by doing some illegals so looking for a legal route that is fast right now. Those numbers seem close to what I was getting doing that. I probably have space for a docking computer but don't mind landing most of the time. I'm in a T6 right now so for the most part it's easy but not as easy as some of the more nimble ships.

lex

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2015
RSI Handle
rlex
dreams come true...

Also i was smuggling some beer (200 tonnes!), but when i landed at target station, i discovered that all of my beer is gone. Empty cargo. I bet TEST is somehow involved...

UnderSc0re

Space Marshal
Mar 17, 2015
RSI Handle
UnderSc0re
@Grakees has a bounty for a player worth 1000 hugs (channel credits) if anyone is interested. !bounty in his chat for more info. They guy either stream sniped or was griefing explorers and it was at the end of Sag A run where he found a double earthlike on the way back. I think his goal is to get the guy back down to sidewinder if possible.

Forgot your password?