Elite: Dangerous TEST Squadron

Droc

Captain
Aug 16, 2014
RSI Handle
Droc
Shit, I forgot about star citizen and I havent played ED since the start of powerplay.

Add me CMDR_Droc

I have as fallows:

A grade combat Python
A grade combat FDL
A grade combat eagle
A grade combat vulture
A grade combat viper x3
A grade combat cobra x2
A grade DBS
B grade anaconda
and half a dozen sidewinders

ANARCKOS

Vice Admiral
Oct 19, 2014
RSI Handle
ANARCKOS
All Ships in the game 01/10/2015 fabulous places, fun times. thanks all the wonderful people o7

Last edited:

Harkuno

Sticker King
May 14, 2015
RSI Handle
Harkuno
Late to the party as usual, but mine is CMDR Harkuno :)

I'm in that Eagle that just blew up... Again...

Wafflez

Space Marshal
Sep 7, 2014
RSI Handle
Wafflez
I played ED for a bit about a year ago and haven't touched it since. But if I could play with some TEST buddies then I'm sold. Anyone still playing in the ED TEST Squadron?

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
Definitely not at $60.
Besides, 2.0 goes to live tonight if we're to believe CR, which means I can get rammed by everyone ever!

NeoHelios_SC

Vice Admiral
Apr 18, 2015
RSI Handle
NeoHelios_SC
EDIT: WHOOPS, NECRO REPLY! It's okay, though I'll still keep the following here in case it helps other new players.

Was going to buy a fuel scoop but it was bloody expensive - especially for a noob with 1000 credits in the bank.
Go to the Nav Buoy (Or whatever it is called); I think pretty much every system has one. Then hang out scanning ships as they warp in. Assuming you are still flying the Sidewinder with stock gear, when one pops up as "wanted", DO NOT ATTACK IT, YET! Follow it around at a decent distance (500m-1000m) and wait for the system security forces to attack first (they loiter around, but ya have to wait for them to notice the 'wanted' guy), then join in the fight--you'll get some credit for helping with the kill. The reason you don't attack it first is because, as a new player, you ship might not be enough to take it out. Watching the patrols fight the criminal lets you build experience in risk evaluation.

Once you have saved up enough for gimbled turrets, slap those puppies on & head back to Nav Buoy. Continue making money as before, but now you are saving up for a Criminal Warrant Scanner (approx 10k). This module will maximize the bounty payout for criminals. Once you have that, assign it to a secondary fire, and use it on the criminal at the beginning of combat (hold the button for 10 secs, until the "cone meter" thingy fills up). Here is a YouTube video detailing the process I took. Worked great.

...and don't watch AdoredTV's ED youtube videos; detailed as they are, and well-intended, they didn't work for me and led me to literally climb the wall with nerdrage thinking there was something wrong with me. Maybe his vids are out of date, and of course your mileage may vary, but Troa's video, above, worked great for me, so why risk it? Maybe AdoredTV's other vids are good, but not the newbie playlist (for me).

There you have it.
No delivery missions for endless searches for resources that you can't afford, yet.
No illegal cargo to risk getting caught with. (above video, SOME of that, but I didn't follow that)
No figuring out the weird ass trade route thing.
Just low-level NPC bounty hunting.
Oh, and play in Solo at first until you are comfortable with the controls, and knowing which risks you can take intelligently.

If you get interdicted often, try approaching destinations from the "top" or "bottom" instead of flying along the plane of the solar system. Also, I think (someone correct me if I am wrong) when you do get interdicted, you can just throttle down to zero to "submit" and this will minimize your drive's cooldown letting you warp again asap--otherwise it'll take a good minute or so, as I recall.

At any rate, I hope this helps, and good luck!

Last edited:

Erroll

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Erroll
Once they made it clear that I would have to keep buying the game over and over I decided to bail out of ED. Maybe when the expansion goes on sale for what it should have sold for.. $20..

SlowFuse

Space Marshal
Oct 13, 2015
RSI Handle
SlowFuseGaming
Unfortunately, until the game gets a player-driven economy or some other good social aspects, it will flounder on my desktop. I just can't invest a ton of time in it doing the same things over and over for no reason... Too bad really, as it's a beautiful game.

ANARCKOS

Vice Admiral
Oct 19, 2014
RSI Handle
ANARCKOS
just for clarification the Horizons includes the incoming features besides the current landing on moons and rock planets:

Multicrew

Allowing teams of players to assume roles aboard the same ship.

Loot and crafting

Unlocking a world of customization options and adding new value and meaning to every action.

Ship-Launched Fighters

Allowing larger spacecraft to carry their own short-range fighter ships for attack and defense.

Each paid season for Elite Dangerous is a full season of new content in the form of several major expansions, which each also contain literally hundreds of tweaks and new features large and small.

my concern about ED after playing a lot, that same hud in everyship, makes the game very arcade and... the repetition is real, and they need more handcrafted unique random places/stations/planets/nebulas/aliens/gigantic ships.

we gonna do a live expedition with friends vising some nice nebulas and random planets. when I feel fresh about playing again. still on the hype train 2.1

Apolonios

Captain
Nov 13, 2014
RSI Handle
Sarg
Cmdr Apollon here.Thinking to start again and thinking of pwerplay.Do we have a group in a specific power or not?Do we opperate somewhere?will like to play with company its more fun that way :)

Erroll

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Erroll
I just pre-ordered a Rift. Hope ED gets VR support put in by March..

Will Hawk

Captain
Dec 20, 2015
RSI Handle
Will_Hawk
Sol System 46.32 Ly permit needed, Barnard's went way off to Deep Space. On my way. Username CMDR Will Lion. Maybe I can put the money to use. Beta had 2 Eagle 2 Adder fully extra stock, Horizon went public lost it all. Seen all the complaints, oh well. Start Over -I didn't push the button.

Cool-Hand-Luke

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Cool-Hand-Luke
Sure... Please add my ED name Cool-Hand-Luke. Have not played in a while but will keep an eye out on this thread for some TEST events on the weekends. Started ED thinking I would be a simple trader of commodities but the pirates made it impossible. Pissed Me Off..... so I turned bounty hunter and made a small fortune plus the satisfaction of revenge. . A maxed out Diamond Back Scout is my favorite killing machine. Tried trading with the Big Rigs but found it a grind. However I did find a fun and profitable niche running slaves and rare goods in a maxed out ASP ship. Maxed out that ASP has shields and teeth that will put the hurt on anyone who is foolish enough to interdict it. It's also small enough to land on the outposts were there the grey and black market thrives. I'm hoping my Star Citizen Free Lancer MIS will be able to play a similar role. May have to leave the missile racks out for cargo capacity? Even with out a missile rack it will would still show up as a MIS and possibly passed up for an easier target. Time will tell.

Forgot your password?