Elite: Dangerous TEST Squadron

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant
I never saw this coming, but I've been playing Elite Dangerous something fierce lately. The sound is amazing, the graphics are amazing, the gameplay is amazing, and to top it off, playing with some good headphones, a Vive headset and a Warthog HOTAS, it just... it's a great experience. It took me a little bit to get into it, but all I needed was a little push from friends. Once you get over the initial "what the hell am I even supposed to be doing" phase, it turns into a lot of fun. I have the whole 3 day weekend booked with this game, if you're looking for something to do, I suggest getting Elite!

Erroll

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Erroll
I have been playing a lot too. I finally sat down and got a good map pushed into my HOTAS and got voice attack working over the holidays. I am using a Rift and it has been a ton of fun. Sometimes I do more active pew pew stuff but mostly I just like relaxing with some space trucking. I sit on the Sofa, hotas on a lap tray and my ipad open for trade data in the middle. Its very relaxing.

I am a little worried about Star Citizen. More and more it seems unsuited to VR (re Frame Rates and Star Marine) and I don't think I can go back to a "flat" space sim. Hopefully that will change.

Hadron Xon

Space Marshal
Jan 18, 2016
RSI Handle
Hadron_Xon
Gonna start playing ED again.I been really missing it.Does anyone know where i can buy a new Track IR tripod ? Do they sell them independently ?

gladestone

Vice Admiral
Mar 8, 2015
RSI Handle
gladestone
I never saw this coming, but I've been playing Elite Dangerous something fierce lately. The sound is amazing, the graphics are amazing, the gameplay is amazing, and to top it off, playing with some good headphones, a Vive headset and a Warthog HOTAS, it just... it's a great experience. It took me a little bit to get into it, but all I needed was a little push from friends. Once you get over the initial "what the hell am I even supposed to be doing" phase, it turns into a lot of fun. I have the whole 3 day weekend booked with this game, if you're looking for something to do, I suggest getting Elite!
Thats a pretty ship you got there joll;y )

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant
Sorry I took so long to reply, I've been in Elite all day. No time for real life lol. I'm top 10% in the bounty collection community goal right now. Going for the top 8 commanders but I have 6,200+ other commanders to beat out.

Doc Shaftoe

Space Marshal
Nov 29, 2014
RSI Handle
DocShaftoe
If anyone's looking for a couple of hazres sites in spitting distance of a repair/rearm capable station, look no further than LHS 304. As an added bonus the star is a White Dwarf gone Quasar. Gorgeous AND useful.

Reactions: Jolly_Green_Giant

Dygon

Space Marshal
Feb 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Dygon
I have been playing a lot too. I finally sat down and got a good map pushed into my HOTAS and got voice attack working over the holidays. I am using a Rift and it has been a ton of fun. Sometimes I do more active pew pew stuff but mostly I just like relaxing with some space trucking. I sit on the Sofa, hotas on a lap tray and my ipad open for trade data in the middle. Its very relaxing.

I am a little worried about Star Citizen. More and more it seems unsuited to VR (re Frame Rates and Star Marine) and I don't think I can go back to a "flat" space sim. Hopefully that will change.
How is that voice attack working out for you? I'm also using a Rift, but with a xbox controller. I can imagine that having voice commands to switch weapons and such could be a lot easier, can you confirm that?

Dygon

Space Marshal
Feb 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Dygon
My name is DygonZ by the way, can I get an invite to the Test group in ED? :)

Aramil

Admiral
Nov 23, 2016
RSI Handle
Aramil_Lorrathain
Can I get an Invite?

CMDR Aramil Lorrathain

Op4ArcticFox

Space Marshal
May 9, 2014
RSI Handle
Op4ArcticFox
CMDR Op4-ArcticFox reporting in!
I'm gonna be watching the Superbowl here in a bit, but later tonight and more this week I will be on. Looking to grind out some Empire rank if anyone else has a good way for that, let me know please.

IcaroSP

Space Marshal
Officer
Jan 10, 2017
RSI Handle
IcaroSP
Guys, how could I recognize you in game and in witch system are you normally stationed?

Forgot your password?