End of Month TEST meeting Friday 29th of May, 7pm EDT (11pm UTC)

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
Is there a list of things that are already planed to be covered? Just so we dont ask them over and over in this post (in our drunkenessness and yes I am making that a word!). Also I will try to be there, if I can find my mic through the sea of beer cans.

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
List of questions:

1. What is a Montoya?
As I am a Montoya I can answer that. ;)

Montoya is a Spanish surname. It originally comes from a hamlet near Berantevilla in Álava, in the Basque region of northern Spain.[1] During the Reconquista, it extended southwards throughout Castille and Andalusia. The name roughly translates to mean hills and valleys[citation needed]. It has become more frequent among Gitanos than among the general Spanish population.

People with the surname Montoya include:

Fictional characters:

However where my name comes from is Spanish Conquistadors that came to Mexico. There they took up land in New Mexico and bred with native populations. For many years they were sheep herders and land owners until United States took over New Mexico. That is how we "Immigrated" to America. (America Fuck Ya!!) My first name comes from my Great Grandfather Feliberto, my middle name comes from my great uncle Marcelino. (accented characters not included)

UbEcLoWn

Space Marshal
Jun 13, 2014
RSI Handle
UbEcLoWn
I'll be there for sure. With absolute certainty. Probably...well..maybe. Well...I'd say that I'm 100% certain that it's a 50/50 chance I can make it.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
The meeting will be streamed in twitch, you do not need to be on mumble to attend.

While I will going to mumble for some Q&A, the twitch stream also has text chat which can be used.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
As I am a Montoya I can answer that. ;)

Montoya is a Spanish surname. It originally comes from a hamlet near Berantevilla in Álava, in the Basque region of northern Spain.[1] During the Reconquista, it extended southwards throughout Castille and Andalusia. The name roughly translates to mean hills and valleys[citation needed]. It has become more frequent among Gitanos than among the general Spanish population.

People with the surname Montoya include:

Fictional characters:

However where my name comes from is Spanish Conquistadors that came to Mexico. There they took up land in New Mexico and bred with native populations. For many years they were sheep herders and land owners until United States took over New Mexico. That is how we "Immigrated" to America. (America Fuck Ya!!) My first name comes from my Great Grandfather Feliberto, my middle name comes from my great uncle Marcelino. (accented characters not included)
...I think you had all that copied down somewhere....

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
I have a couple in no particular order:

• When "Orgs 0.2bac" finally drops (whenever that happens), what will our process for establishing wings/divisions will be? In the sense of what makes/founds a division as opposed to how it's technically created. Will it continue to be "get enough people interested for the green light"?
  • How will divisions that don't have a strong in game presence be handled when the PU becomes available? For example: Propaganda creators are a major player in our recruiting drives, but there's a very real chance that community created custom art/images will not be a feature in the PU
  • If a member wants to move into a position of leadership or moderation in some capacity (either in game, on the forums, or some other means) what would that process look like?
    • Assuming additional people are needed to help guide TEST into our enemies, what criteria would be considered as baseline requirements?
  • Given the growing number of TEST related physical items that we have access to, will there ever be a TEST shop? This thread from September 2014 eluded to one being created, but I don't see any solid update there.
    • If yes/maybe would profits go towards org related functions (contests, hosting costs, shiny in game trinkets)? Would everything be available at cost? Would it be more of a store front for people that have something to sell to other members and they're responsible for the items they personally list (and subsequently, the pricing)?
    • If org/admin run, would there be a slight profit margin that is discounted for full org members?
  • What are TEST's current goals/needs that any of us can help work towards?
  • What are TEST's immediate future goals/needs that we can start preparing for? Long term?
  • Are there any plans for special org activities (beyond our usual shenanigans) in the non-PU modules? Planetside recruitment party anyone?
  • Can we get/create a document of "best practices" or a universally applicable "code of conduct" for members beyond "don't be a total jerk" and "drink more beer"? TEST is already very large and each member is, in some way, a representative of the org. It seems prudent to make members aware of how we're all expected to present ourselves. (Even if it really is nothing more than "drink beer" and "be cool" I think it wouldn't hurt to have it in black and yellow.)
  • Will Montoya start recording himself reading bed time stories? It's cold in the 'verse and his silky smooth voice will help lull us to sleep.

Annitias

Minister of Propaganda
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Oct 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Annitias
I have a couple in no particular order:

• When "Orgs 0.2bac" finally drops (whenever that happens), what will our process for establishing wings/divisions will be? In the sense of what makes/founds a division as opposed to how it's technically created. Will it continue to be "get enough people interested for the green light"? TEST is driven by our members. If they would like to see a division, make a thread, generate some HYPE! and we will most certainly look at it. We want you to do what you enjoy doing!
  • How will divisions that don't have a strong in game presence be handled when the PU becomes available? For example: Propaganda creators are a major player in our recruiting drives, but there's a very real chance that community created custom art/images will not be a feature in the PU Even if our propaganda is not imported into the PU, we will find a way. Propaganda creation is very important to us now and will continue to be in the near future.
  • If a member wants to move into a position of leadership or moderation in some capacity (either in game, on the forums, or some other means) what would that process look like?
    • Assuming additional people are needed to help guide TEST into our enemies, what criteria would be considered as baseline requirements?
  • Given the growing number of TEST related physical items that we have access to, will there ever be a TEST shop? This thread from September 2014 eluded to one being created, but I don't see any solid update there. A Org store may happen in the near future. For now we do have patches for sale. There is a thread for that already here.
    • If yes/maybe would profits go towards org related functions (contests, hosting costs, shiny in game trinkets)? Would everything be available at cost? Would it be more of a store front for people that have something to sell to other members and they're responsible for the items they personally list (and subsequently, the pricing)? Profits support org operation costs, contests, marketing efforts and ships for the Org hanger. The margin is not nearly as high as you would think on our current offering, the patches, and a gigantic amount of work.
    • If org/admin run, would there be a slight profit margin that is discounted for full org members? Not sure on that. Our current offering is open to any member at a low cost as is.
  • What are TEST's current goals/needs that any of us can help work towards? To be discussed at the meeting!
  • What are TEST's immediate future goals/needs that we can start preparing for? Long term? To be discussed at the meeting!
  • Are there any plans for special org activities (beyond our usual shenanigans) in the non-PU modules? Planetside recruitment party anyone? That we have done stuff with in the past. We do play events on other games and some time back had some Planetside 2 fun as well!
  • Can we get/create a document of "best practices" or a universally applicable "code of conduct" for members beyond "don't be a total jerk" and "drink more beer"? TEST is already very large and each member is, in some way, a representative of the org. It seems prudent to make members aware of how we're all expected to present ourselves. (Even if it really is nothing more than "drink beer" and "be cool" I think it wouldn't hurt to have it in black and yellow.) For the most part it has been the RSI ToS plus just don't be a tool. We may have to iron stuff out down the road though.
  • Will Montoya start recording himself reading bed time stories? It's cold in the 'verse and his silky smooth voice will help lull us to sleep. I am already falling asleep thinking about that.
Will answer what I can comment on for now.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
  • Will Montoya start recording himself reading bed time stories? It's cold in the 'verse and his silky smooth voice will help lull us to sleep.
I require State of the Bed Time Story immediately!

Last edited:

Halvix

Space Marshal
Donor
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Halvix
Here are some things that have come up in the forums recently that could use further discussion: (in no particular order)

Recruitment. https://testsquadron.com/threads/want-to-help-test-grow-recruiters-wanted.4039/

Org Hangar and how it will work. https://testsquadron.com/threads/loaning-ships-to-the-org.4106/

Forum and website design. https://testsquadron.com/threads/suggestions-for-the-current-forum.4103/

and of course, The CIG leak, but only long enough to let everybody know what TESTs stance is on the issue.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?