Find us a Home! TEST HQ

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
The Bengal has far more points of potential failure than one would expect, compared to a permament installation like Nyx. Consider that carefully.
You have taken my quote out of context. I am quoting a statement that only 50 people per instance, with a max of 100. GG Redin' skillz.

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
You have taken my quote out of context. I am quoting a statement that only 50 people per instance, with a max of 100. GG Redin' skillz.
And you're the one who's not thinking, either.

A Bengal requires logistics. Coordination. Things to allow it to function.

All of which could be cut off, and leave it vulnerable.

You don't have that problem with a permanent NPC base.

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
And you're the one who's not thinking, either.

A Bengal requires logistics. Coordination. Things to allow it to function.

All of which could be cut off, and leave it vulnerable.

You don't have that problem with a permanent NPC base.

Nkato wtf does my quote concerning about how many people can fit in a server instance has to do with making a bengal our home. I never once said lets make a bengal our home in my statement.

Lets read again:

Vimes: "The thing is, this wont be EvE i.e only one instance per area, EvE can hold thousands of player in the same area while SC can hold at max 100 players (and that is a optimistic number, personally i havent seen RSI mention over 50 players in the same instance) in the same area."

My response: "A hole in theory is bengal. It aline can carry more than 50 ships and then there is the crew of 100+ for the bengal alone. The only way to really take down a bengal is with another large capital ship like a battleship or another bengal. So right there you easilly break 300 in a instance. Unless bengals are meant to be unchallenged and the rulibg authority of that instance and then people will simply park it in a profitible instance and mine/harvest in safety."

Not once did we say lets make a bengal our home. We were discussing server sizes. You need to take you anti-bengal mindset and put it in a box and release it when its actually a topic being discussed, not whenever a bengal is mentioned.

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
Nkato wtf does my quote concerning about how many people can fit in a server instance has to do with making a bengal our home. I never once said lets make a bengal our home in my statement.

Lets read again:

Vimes: "The thing is, this wont be EvE i.e only one instance per area, EvE can hold thousands of player in the same area while SC can hold at max 100 players (and that is a optimistic number, personally i havent seen RSI mention over 50 players in the same instance) in the same area."

My response: "A hole in theory is bengal. It aline can carry more than 50 ships and then there is the crew of 100+ for the bengal alone. The only way to really take down a bengal is with another large capital ship like a battleship or another bengal. So right there you easilly break 300 in a instance. Unless bengals are meant to be unchallenged and the rulibg authority of that instance and then people will simply park it in a profitible instance and mine/harvest in safety."

Not once did we say lets make a bengal our home. We were discussing server sizes. You need to take you anti-bengal mindset and put it in a box and release it when its actually a topic being discussed, not whenever a bengal is mentioned.
I'm not pro or anti-bengal. I'm just more concerned about making sure we don't get trapped in an EVE-style Rape-Cage because we couldn't maintain our ship.

The topic of the thread is about picking a home, and a Bengal is technically a mobile home - I was pointing out that it's important to remember that everything has an upside and a downside; the Bengal just happens to have more moving parts to worry about, which creates a maintenance and upkeep nightmare when someone decides to be a chucklefuck and cut you off.

You're the one being combative; I'm simply pointing out facts.

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
Maybe we should put a bengel in a super dense nebula where scanners don't work. Think we found a home :)

EDIT: It should be one of those alcohol nebulas! :o

Reactions: Blind Owl

MammonLord

The Gatekeeper
May 10, 2014
RSI Handle
mammon
PYRO IS TEH BEST PLACE IN THE VERSE

Look at dem options; it's got over 9000 jump points! Pyro also has a sick station ready for us to steal, it's super close to Nyx, Terra, and Earth, and it's centrally located in Human space so we're unlikely to get roffle powned by aliens.

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
PYRO IS TEH BEST PLACE IN THE VERSE

Look at dem options; it's got over 9000 jump points! Pyro also has a sick station ready for us to steal, it's super close to Nyx, Terra, and Earth, and it's centrally located in Human space so we're unlikely to get roffle powned by aliens.
I like that it has lots of small and medium points. But it only has one large jump point and that could possibly be exploited for both good and bad.

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
Ultimately, the galaxy map is very tangled, there is no true "direct route" from one side to the other, so we need to decide as an org what region(s) we want to centralize ourselves in for a given time period. This would reduce the number of choices far more easily than a 11-page debate ever could.

Cool-Hand-Luke

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Cool-Hand-Luke
Just wanted to point out Magnus System.
Holy Cow! ..... Magnus is a North to South and East to West (so to speak) pinch point for All Large and Most Medium shipping lanes.

Talking... The Major Trade Lane Of The Verse.

The Big Rigs with the Big Bucks have to come through Magnus.

This could be a Toll Gate / Fee for safe passage.
LOL... you know.... safe passage from our own pirate group.
Sounds like Magnus is Lite on Law enforcement. It's unclaimed and developing.
And we would just be offering a service... you know... protection... no law against that.

Magnus has its own safe rated gas giant for our starfares to collect fuel.

Only our Starfares can offer fuel within the Magnus System. Thats a good rule.. ensures a quality product for our traveling friends.

And there are some other near by opportunities.
1 jump away...
A new asteroid belt in Ellis System from a smashed 11th planet for Mining.
3 jump away...
Hades System is a junk yard dream. Tomb raiding and all kinds of fun stuff.
5 jump away...
Banu trading in Corel System that may also double as a jump off point for deep space exploring.

Check out the map Mammonlord posted above.

Last edited:

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
It should be one of those alcohol nebulas! :eek:
The system with the best brewery! What system has the best brewery?!? Never underestimate the power of drunken TESTies. Drunk = high morale = will to fly into suns with reckless abandon.

Seriously though, in my mind, a system with multiple entry and exit points would be harder to defend against coordinated attack. I'd pick a system with 1-3 known jump points, but not to far off the beaten path so we have access to major centres and trade routes. Unless the point of the org is to be based at a major centre. In which case, back to my first point: BREWERY.

That is all.

CrudeSasquatch

Space Marshal
Jan 1, 2016
RSI Handle
CrudeSasquatch
Not sure about you all, but I have a brewery next to my computer... I call it @Blind Owl and he pays for my booze!

Is there a star system with multiple suns? Because if we could crash into two suns at the same time, we can throw a "Mission Accomplished" banner up on the Bengal and have a real good time!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Not sure about you all, but I have a brewery next to my computer... I call it @Blind Owl and he pays for my booze!
I do? Shit. I thought you were the beer fridge.
Is there a star system with multiple suns? Because if we could crash into two suns at the same time, we can throw a "Mission Accomplished" banner up on the Bengal and have a real good time!
Who cares what mission. So long as its accomplished. And we're drunk. Priorities.

Reactions: CrudeSasquatch

Mirax Arneau

Commander
Donor
Dec 23, 2015
RSI Handle
Mirax-Arneau
Lord, if I found a Binary System with Good planets, I'd name it Manticore....Ya, I'm that kind SciFi Geek.... If I was responsible for finding a regular Star system that we'd end up colonizing, I'd name it Tannhauser, that way while defending it at the jump point entry, We'd be Battling at Tannhauser Gate! If you get those Scifi References, you have Great taste in Scifi.....and are probably older than 25.......

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I'm a fan of Ellis. 3 large, 1 medium, and 1 small. Next to Magnus and 2 from Stanton.

It's also a big economic hub. Could make good money here. Fairly centrally located.

Mirax Arneau

Commander
Donor
Dec 23, 2015
RSI Handle
Mirax-Arneau
Yes. The other reference, not so much. And I'm a sci fi geek. Guess I can't read them all.
David Weber's "Honor Harrington" Book series. The main Protagonist's home system is a binary star system, with 3 quite hospitable (is a little turbulent planets) Manticore, Sphinx, and Griffon. It's a DAMN GREAT series and a suggested read for any SciFi fan

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
David Weber's "Honor Harrington" Book series. The main Protagonist's home system is a binary star system, with 3 quite hospitable (is a little turbulent planets) Manticore, Sphinx, and Griffon. It's a DAMN GREAT series and a suggested read for any SciFi fan
I'll check it out. Just started into Iain M. Banks' Consider Pheblas.

Forgot your password?