Griefing from an org you affiliate with? Drop the org or get banned from TEST.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
So when TEST is able to grief in the actual game >.> will it be free for all griefing or will we be @Montoya 's hand of griefing. Where he is like, I dont like this guy, my peoples go, and we swarm our um pirate section, not griefing section and do dirty things. I need to know if my pirate hands will be tied by the almighty gracious, will loose hands, or pants down weiners out fun

We are the hand of Go.. @Montoya and do his will for his will is good and righteous.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
definition of griefing from cig: if you will be hunted down multiple times from the same person

afaik it was only 2 times hunted, and this was making a big wave of chatter every day in the cft channel.

the racing is attracting many ppl and for now they have their own defense.

everything should be good.
By CIG's definition of griefing, we were exactly that....
hunted multiple times by the same person

Racing is slowly gaining traction and we dont have a dedicated defense or security group in place yet, but we hope to establish something semi-permanent soon.

Everything is all good now.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
That is perfectly fine, we know you!

I may disagree with your taste in beer, but thats about it :smile:
While I almost never consume alcohol myself, I will happily offer a fellow TESTie a drink at a bar or event when possible & then be a willing designated driver afterwards. I have many flaws, but I'm not all bad. Cheers!

August

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Aug 27, 2018
RSI Handle
August-TEST
Not to be that guy, but can’t you just ask the oodles of members to run security? Race practice plus shooty practice.

Complaining about griefing on the internet seems less effective that fucking the griefer in the eye socket with a broken bottle. Figuratively speaking.

Last edited:

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Not to be that guy, but can’t you just ask the oodles of members to run security? Race practice plus shooty practice.

Complaining about griefing on the internet seems less effective that fucking the griefer in the eye socket with a broken bottle. Figuratively speaking.
lol while this would be ideal, we dont have that many people to run both of those things at the same time. In addition to that, those of us that do the race practice, usually are the same people that roll right into CFT, so its a little difficult to both at the same time.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
There is a difference between playing and greifing:

Example 1)

Playing: you lay a interdiction trap on a busy trade route and pull another player from Quantum. It's a Connie Taurus with a full cargo hold - they put up a good defence, but eventually blow their hold and run. You pick up the gear while the Connie escapes and take the cargo to be sold. And then you try the trap elsewhere as security would be all over the previous site.

Greifing: you lay a interdiction trap on a busy trade route and pull another player from Quantum. It's a Connie Taurus with a full cargo hold - they put up a good defence, but eventually blow their hold. You ignore the cargo and destroy the ship and any life-pods, the cargo just drifts away. You repeat over and over until you are kicked from the server.

Example 2)

Playing: you track a bounty to a landing area that doesn't have an armistice zone. That ship is on the pad but unaccompanied - you distroy it so they can't escape. You land and then tackle them on foot, eventually taking them in alive.

Greifing: you find a ship on a landing pad without an armistice zone unaccompanied, and distroy it. You wait and another spawns, so you distroy that too. And another, and another, and another until the player stuck on the ground quits the server.

Example 3)

Playing: you find a training session taking place on a moon. You swoop in on the attack but are told on chat it's a training session. You then offer to help with the session by offering some combat target training, and cooperate with the organisers requests.

Greifing: you find a training session taking place on a moon. You swoop in on the attack but are told on chat it's a training session. You can't believe your luck to have so many easy unexpirianced targets and lay waste to them all with your ship set up to take advantage of unbalance and Meta gameplay all the time chanting "GIT GUD" like some kind of simpleton who's discovered that their anus isn't a one-way street and wants to see how many alphabet blocks they can cram into it. The training session is ruined. From what you learned of that training session you stalk them online and wait for the next one and pull the same, and the next, and the next, and the next until the trainer's set up a private server you can't get in to.

There is a difference between playing and greifing.

TEST only accepts players.

Last edited:

August

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Aug 27, 2018
RSI Handle
August-TEST
lol while this would be ideal, we dont have that many people to run both of those things at the same time. In addition to that, those of us that do the race practice, usually are the same people that roll right into CFT, so its a little difficult to both at the same time.
I’m confused. 17,000 members yet not enough to run security?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot your password?