Gunner's motion graphics thread - Test Propaganda!

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
Look what I just made, works in OBS media source and you need newest version of chrome or maybe newest version of Firefox/IE to view this? But definitely newest version of Chrome will show the PNG animation :slight_smile:

If you can't see it, here's a tiny-fied ugly-fied gif version

Gif due to file type limitations is noticeably less sharp and has bad artifacting.

P.S.
How I did this
Open Twitch Logo in Illustrator,
Use Helvetica font for my username to match the chat and since it's more legible at smaller sizes
Convert text to vectors, apply outside stroke, turn stroke to vector, duplicate layer and save one and hide it, apply 3D extrude, expand appearance to vector, select all new stuff I just did, convert to shape with shape tool, delete previous old layers and use newly made single path for entire outline made by shape tool, unhide saved layer. Select all we just did with shape tool again, delete all text shapes from selection, apply twitch logo color, BAM!.. we now how our Twitch-ified username. Export to PNG. Save AI file.
Next (be careful not to save the AI for this step or you can ruin it) we'll make the MATTE file for After Effects.. Change color to pure white #ffffff, background to pure black #000000. Export to PNG with MATTE in file name.

Import both these files into an after effects composition, drag the main PNG into comp button to make a new comp matching the size of this PNG. Change composition settings to desired frame rate.
Add MATTE png into the comp (above the main PNG)
then change the main PNG layer's TrkMat (Track Matte) setting to Luma Matte for the above layer.
BAM! now you can animate behind it and use the MATTE PNG you created to matte out excess of any animations you add behind or in front of your design.

Then export as PNG sequence with alpha enabled
Then use this
https://ezgif.com/apng-maker
To create your animated PNG (from the image sequence you just rendered) to use in OBS.

Cheers!

Last edited:

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
I think I found a format style that works for Rock Reports,
pending what the rest of the guys and gals think

I found the music track in SC game files.
I need to start doing more motion graphics again

Last edited:

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
I think I found a format style that works for Rock Reports,
pending what the rest of the guys and gals think

I found the music track in SC game files.
I need to start doing more motion graphics again
AWESOME this is looking better and better every time hot damn, great work :D

Reactions: DirectorGunner

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
Taught myself blender (hated it before) basics in 1 evening, because Markemp's new conversion tool is AMAZING!
He added the helper nodes so now I can mount stuff in the proper locations.. no more guess work!

After I get a good looking Super Hornet... I'll run through the steps in a video and new tutorial

Last edited:

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
Working on making a physically realistic earth to pair with work I'm doing on (assembling) ships from game assets.

I'm shooting for some bad ass renders in the near future. fingers crossed. Today's issue was struggling getting the above texture to project onto the earth I made from NASA data. ~16,000m's of total surface depth may be a little off on this version.

edit:
I solved it before bed! WOOOT!! hahahaha! does a happy dance

Last edited:
Reactions: Mich Angel

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
Made a new transition motion graphic for @Myre albeit I think he asked for this last year lol

I used a hat texture similar to the hat he wears, and used his two theme colors from the logo.
He wanted a double bar transition which is essentially what this is..
only I think better because the texture "moves" with the bars.
The webM version has transparency on the left and right alpha (which shows as black in this gif).
I think it's nicer/more classier than mine even lol

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
Wow i just love all your work!!

I have to start learning AE....
Thank you, I personally feel like I really suck but that's me lol.
Yea AE is pretty powerful, especially if you modify templates to save a tremendous amount of time.

Reactions: Mich Angel

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
Well if you're taking requests (opens PayPal account)
No paypal asked for, I do these for free, no worries. What do you need?

Also I dunno why I didn't add this here when I made this, but also made @Blind Owl Signature

And @DarthMunkee Signature

And I owe one of our Streamer's two splash intros for their stream that I've owed him for like well over a year now... .... ... I'm awful at this... lol.

But yea.. can take a stab at whatever you want @August but I don't make any promises.. cuz when I do.. things might go wrong lol

Last edited:
Forgot your password?