Status
Not open for further replies.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Again, I do not understand... or does not compute... what is the purpose of me deleting something that you quoted?
Because we are civilized and @Passeeo kindly did it for the decorum of the conversation. Also it made his point a lot stronger and it'll make yours a lot stronger too :)

Reactions: Blind Owl

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
Sorry, but that Video is nothing but disgusting and has nothing to do with justice.
Yes, he "defended" his property, but at what cost?
I don't know if the Thief is dead, but at least he is injured to a point where his life is in danger.
this is not acceptable to me, yeah he did something wrong and dumb, but the penalty can't be death.
Especially since the shooter didn't even try to deescalate the situation. and for what? a few hundred bucks? seriously?

Videos like this are just a reminder to me, why it's good to have hard restrictions on gun ownership.
I can't imagine that something like this can happen in Germany.
And if it happens it's properly a once in a decade thing.
Yes, we also have a lot of crime here in Europe, but it's rare to get killed by crime.
Because you know, it's hard work to kill someone when you don't have gun...
so a guy robbing a gun store should just be allowed to take all the guns and sell them on the black market? you point a gun at someone your life is at risk. And if you can point a gun at someone without risking yourself then bad people will do it whenever they want.

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon
I don't mean to offend you by asking this, but you are aware that is what i'm calling for by saying there should be a register?
There is a register... and has been for awhile. When you go buy a gun they run your information against a national database for felons and violent offenders. Problem is that NuffNaff and Colddog have a history of social media like this. A 18 or 19 year old kid is not on the radar yet. In this case, the law enforcement community dropped the ball because of all the red flags this person raised.

Passeeo

Admiral
Jan 20, 2017
RSI Handle
PASSEEO
Stop calling guns tools.

They aren't tools, their sole purpose is to kill people, they are weapons.

This is the difference between a gun and a car or a knife or any other thing you can bring up with the dumbest argument ever "You can kill someone with a piano, so should we ban piano's"?

But hey-ho as long as it's not your children/family being shot it's ok i guess, as long as you get to keep your precious "tools".

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon
They aren't tools, their sole purpose is to kill people, they are weapons.
I watch a lot of movies... I know what guns are for like shooting off locks and getting peoples attention.

By the way I served in Afghanistan in 2003 when we first involved ourselves... I know what guns are for... and I know that bad people have them.

Last edited:

Varku

Space Marshal
Apr 21, 2016
RSI Handle
Varku
so a guy robbing a gun store should just be allowed to take all the guns and sell them on the black market? you point a gun at someone your life is at risk. And if you can point a gun at someone without risking yourself then bad people will do it whenever they want.
I worked a few month at a gas station. our order was, let them rob you, memorize as much about them as you can, and call the police after they've left the shop.
The insurance will cover any damages, and the police can still catch them later.
Yes, it may feel "right" to attack the thief, but escalating the situation is dangerous.

Yes, they may get away with it in the first place , but the police is quite good at catching robbers based on evidence... in 2008 the police could solve 92% of all shoplifting cases.

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
No, thats 18 Mass Shootings. I apologise I moved on a little as your videos had a guy talking about mass shootings in general, not just schools. My source for mass shootings: http://metro.co.uk/2018/02/15/many-mass-shootings-america-2018-7314649/
Here is a list of every "mass shooting" I would say most of these are not mass shootings, for a mass shooting as a badly defined term, for a mass shooting to be called as such I would say 3 people have to die, that would give you about 5 shootings in the us since 2018 started, if you want to make it 2 people killed then it would be around 8 shootings. https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=1jl901ZAtyFSXvVsoRAxkMP_V2S-nM7-Z&ll=26.30450300000004,-80.26945699999999&z=8

Sorry, looping, we have been over this several times in previous comments in this thread, please refer to them.
I keep making this point because you say you want to ban guns because they cause death, well if that is the case there are other things that kill people, in far greater numbers as well. If you do not mind people dying then what are you arguing for? you can't claim we should ban, or limit, guns because they kill people that not apply that same logic to other sources of killing people. I am pointing out a MASSIVE flaw in your argument.

As the Trump administration tried to do with the travel ban which was overturned by Judges?
EXACTLY! it is not within the power of the president to make such laws, (but still applies to the argument above about banning of things that kill more than guns.) this is also part of the hypocrisy of the "gun control group" because the mental illness gun ban was passed by President Obama without being made law by the way the constitution says laws need to be made. I am fine with mental illness laws being passed (as long as it done not infringe on the rights of people that are not mentally violent)

So using your list as authorative, 18 mass killings since 1991 (27 years) in Australia vs 18 mass killings in 45 days in the USA. Sorry, the numbers just don't stack up.
ok let us take the 8 mass shootings that killed 2 people or more (yet again mass shooting are a very poorly defended term) and compare the PER CAPITA data in the vox rebuttal video I posted and you will see that PER CAPITA the US is not an outlier when you look at DEATHS PER CAPITA.

I don't mean to offend you by asking this, but you are aware that is what i'm calling for by saying there should be a register?
yes because being put on a list by the government against your will over our right as a human has always ended well. (EXTREME SARCASM)

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Incidentally I lived across the road from a Gun Shop (yes, here in the UK :slight_smile:) and they had a Insta-Fog generator which put vision went down to less than 1 inch, it filled the room in less than 0.5 seconds and at that point no robbery was going to be successful. They tested it once a year and the place looked like it was on fire when it went off. They let me go inside when it was filled and it was like living inside a paper bag just pure white... It was pretty awesome, aiming a gun or even finding the cash register in that was never going to happen. :slight_smile:

Walking down the highstreet I realised all the banks had the Fog Generators. As did the local pharmacy and some other shops. It seems the UK, a low gun-crime country, seems to be fairly well prepared for dealing with an armed robbery in a non-fatal manner.

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon
Okay... im a little bored and not preoccupied atm with work... I just can't help but laugh at the righteous world around us... "thou is better than you" mentality. If the world has not learned anything in 250 years... that America does what it wants when it wants... no matter the opinion from outside. Obama is gone... get use to it.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Because we are civilized as long as it meets "your" requirements. I don't buy it.
And as long as it meets "your" constitution I don't buy that easy access to guns is worth the price of the lives of a classroom full of kids.

"agree to disagree" we've done it too many times. We're just going to have to disagree this time and see if anything changes. :slight_smile:

Okay... im a little bored and not preoccupied atm with work... I just can't help but laugh at the righteous world around us... "thou is better than you" mentality. If the world has not learned anything in 250 years... that America does what it wants when it wants... no matter the opinion from outside. Obama is gone... get use to it.
God bless America.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Agenda... I think that could be said of both sides. The "Fuck off, I like Guns" side has the agenda of keeping them no matter what and the "Piles Of Dead Children" side obviously have their reasons too... the agenda for stricter control is being pushed so often probably because massacres happen so often. In the first 45 days of this year there were 18 mass shootings. Thats one every 2.5 days. That was reported in the UK print news, why am I seeing this on my side of the Atlantic if it is not a problem?
Just to correct something. In the first 45 days of this year, there were 30 mass shootings in the USA, defined as " four or more individuals being shot OR killed in the same general time and location."

Map of incident locations:
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1jl901ZAtyFSXvVsoRAxkMP_V2S-nM7-Z&ll=36.18191840000001,-86.82073149999991&z=8

In the same timeframe (the first 45 days of this year) there were 18 firearm related incidents involving schools, but the criteria is "any time a firearm discharges a live round inside a school building or on a school campus or grounds." This was reported by the media as "shootings", but includes mundane accidents, and one suicide. There is some overlap, but not every school "shooting" in that 18 involves deaths or even a firearm aimed at someone.

Map of incident locations:
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=11lN3LUb36GfuZL_XIZaN6NFxN5TeDi5O&ll=37.650302104281685,-98.11975634999999&z=4

For the record, I support stronger gun controls in the USA. I do not however, think that gun controls solve the problem all by themselves. That isn't the purpose of gun controls. Also for the record, to me this has nothing to do with guns, or even the second amendment, and the argument that gun controls are a violation of second amendment rights are a straw-man. That they'd just find something else is a straw man too., and the statement "guns don't kill people, people do" is brain dead. Of course it's about people. That is the point.

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
I worked a few month at a gas station. our order was, let them rob you, memorize as much about them as you can, and call the police after they've left the shop.
The insurance will cover any damages, and the police can still catch them later.
Yes, it may feel "right" to attack the thief, but escalating the situation is dangerous.

Yes, they may get away with it in the first place , but the police is quite good at catching robbers based on evidence... in 2008 the police could solve 92% of all shoplifting cases.
the issue with this is hat the company you are working for does not give a shit if you die (sorry hard truth here) and the same for anything taken as both you and the property is replaceable. The sad fact is that your life is not replaceable to you. and anyone with a gun that goes around pointing it at people chances is it will sooner or later go off, so yes the police will most likely catch them, the question is will it be too late for you?

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
...for a mass shooting to be called as such I would say 3 people have to die
Interesting. So if 100 people were shot in the spine and paralyzed permanently from the waist down by a highly skilled rouge shooter, that would not be considered a mass shooting by the definition in America? I was not aware of this...

I keep making this point because you say you want to ban guns
I have stated multiple times in the last four pages of this thread that I accept America is going to keep its guns and that banning them is pointless. Restricting access to those unsuitable is the theme I have been going for. Whether this is through Registered lists of owners and what they have to detect stockpiling or passing tests to get a regulated licence as the phrase "Well Regulated Militia" suggests would be applicable is not for me to say. I live 3000 miles away but still I see the effect on a regular basis.

EXACTLY! it is not within the power of the president to make such laws, (but still applies to the argument above about banning of things that kill more than guns.) this is also part of the hypocrisy of the "gun control group" because the mental illness gun ban was passed by President Obama without being made law by the way the constitution says laws need to be made. I am fine with mental illness laws being passed (as long as it done not infringe on the rights of people that are not mentally violent)
How did he pass that law then? I'm interested. I take it it was some kind of Presidential thing that is technically legal but doesn't go via Congress or somthing?

ok let us take the 8 mass shootings that killed 2 people or more (yet again mass shooting are a very poorly defended term) and compare the PER CAPITA data in the vox rebuttal video I posted and you will see that PER CAPITA the US is not an outlier when you look at DEATHS PER CAPITA.
I see your stats, but I also see piles of dead kids. And I see them over and over again. What are we going to do? Yeah, alright, give the teachers guns, I don't care if "In Gun We Trust", try it and if it works great it works and if it doesn't work because all the teachers go Postal scrap it and try something else like an ownership register or Insta-Fog makers in classrooms. Damn it make Insta-Fog as common in classrooms as smoke detectors. Just DO something.

yes because being put on a list by the government against your will over our right as a human has always ended well. (EXTREME SARCASM)
I appreciate your sarcasm. So how do you feel being on the drivers licensing list? A "Well-Regulated" Militia would at least have a list of members and what ordinance they have, would it not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot your password?