Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
So whatcha gonna do with the Idris then? Hehe
Same thing, LOL.

I'll open up the front and jump my tanks out the front, then drive around to the back and do it again. We'll probably have many more expedition road rage rallies with the Idris, but for when I don't have as many people to do crazy things with, the Herc will do the heavy lifting :D

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Same thing, LOL.

I'll open up the front and jump my tanks out the front, then drive around to the back and do it again. We'll probably have many more expedition road rage rallies with the Idris, but for when I don't have as many people to do crazy things with, the Herc will do the heavy lifting :smile:
Oh.
Well that makes sense.

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
I can see them charging $500 bucks for this, I am not totally sure of its size (i.e. what can it carry), but it looks of a similar size to the hammerhead and wouldn't be surprised if it cost the same. So far I have not been sold on buying loads of ground vehicles so for me it would be how much sense it would make as an armoured cargo hauler.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I can see them charging $500 bucks for this, I am not totally sure of its size (i.e. what can it carry), but it looks of a similar size to the hammerhead and wouldn't be surprised if it cost the same. So far I have not been sold on buying loads of ground vehicles so for me it would be how much sense it would make as an armoured cargo hauler.
According to this random video I just found on Youtube by some dude called @Montoya they mention its 100 meters - thats the same as the Starfarer but much wider:

The Unique Selling Point for this ship as well as VTOL is it's roll-on-roll-off, there is a ramp at the back AND the front so no pain in the ass backing out when you reach the hot-zone.

Pander

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2015
RSI Handle
Pander22
About the bomber variant... Those are some nice looking MOABs, what do you think they will be used on? don't remember hearing of any ground targets (i.e. player placed buildings) that these could be used on... yet
Player created bases are a thing with the addition of the pioneer, lets you build an outpost on some land you bought

Now we just have a way of replacing them with parking lots haha

Edit : https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/ships/pioneer/Pioneer

Link to pioneer

Pander

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2015
RSI Handle
Pander22
Moabs seem pretty scary like but hopefully bases will be able to have AA turrets and perhaps shield generators as an expensive option

I mean if idris and a jav have shields is it so far fetched to have ground shields Means you have to roll in a ground assault to take them down for some cool combined arms stuff

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Uh.... Bombs don't need gravity to work in space.... They just need inertia....

You could have spececentric dive-bomber wings, where they fly at the target and release the payload... You don't even have the limitation of wind pushing the bomb off course, as long as the target is stationary (like an asteroid base) you could let go of the MOAB 3000m, 6000m, 12000m from the target and it'd just drift until it hit it...

I'd see that being a good surprise attack tactic, a civilian version of the Hurc comes in on a landing approach but peels off at the last moment - in its shadow a MOAB which it had been concealing from detection with its bulk, dropped 20,000km away outside the range of detection. The Hurc hits Quantum as the MOAB hits the target. Would you even need a second wave?

SullyQuindarius

Admiral
Dec 24, 2017
RSI Handle
SullyQuindarius
Uh.... Bombs don't need gravity to work in space.... They just need inertia....

You could have spececentric dive-bomber wings, where they fly at the target and release the payload... You don't even have the limitation of wind pushing the bomb off course, as long as the target is stationary (like an asteroid base) you could let go of the MOAB 3000m, 6000m, 12000m from the target and it'd just drift until it hit it...

I'd see that being a good surprise attack tactic, a civilian version of the Hurc comes in on a landing approach but peels off at the last moment - in its shadow a MOAB which it had been concealing from detection with its bulk, dropped 20,000km away outside the range of detection. The Hurc hits Quantum as the MOAB hits the target. Would you even need a second wave?
Nice to meet you too, Michael Bay.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Nice to meet you too, Michael Bay.
I didn't make up the fictional wing and position of "Acting Head of TEST Weapons Research Lab (TWRL)" for nothing you know ;)

Forgot your password?