Hercules military transport

Zapper Weisman

Vice Admiral
Donor
Apr 14, 2018
RSI Handle
ZapperWeisman
And the other percentage of the concierge who are Original Kickstarter Backers say no ship sold since that point should have had LTI.

I don't think anyone is going to be a winner in the LTI crapshoot. For the Kickstarters they can take comfort in the fact their sacrifice may have turned it from a $100 million game to a $183 million and counting game. For the rest of us? It was nice while it lasted.
I understand that and I truly sympathize. I think LTI should go on all/most ships and the backers who were supposed to get LTI as an exclusive perk should have something to replace it as a truly exclusive perk. If I were an original backer I would be a little upset about the LTI situation and they should have something to replace the LTI perk that ceased being exclusive to them a long time ago.

atpbx

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2016
RSI Handle
General Fisting
As I have repeated on spectrum many times over, they issue isnt really about Lti, its about the definition of supporting SCs ongoing development,
observe:

Person 1 spends $1000 a year buying smaller concepts when they can, buying CCUS when they can, buying smaller buy backs when they can who then melts all that to fund a big splurge in store credits for that years big ship = not funding CIGs on going development, second class citizen, take your store credits and shove them up your arse.

Someone who spends $600 in one go once a year = here is lti, a $100 discount and a free tank, thanks for supporting SCs ongoing development.

I am person one. CIG have basically told me my money isnt welcome.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
...take your store credits and shove them up your arse...
I'd love to see the source for where they said that ;-)

From the day I first pledged on the first day of 2016, I was informed pledging was not a permanent funding method, and the pledge store would one day be closed at the end of beta - Further to that, I was told the pledge store itself would become less and less viable as they progressed building the game, the aim to get backers playing more and paying less.

Did you ever stop and wonder if this was just the first step on that road to pledges for ships not being a viable thing for us anymore? It's a funding model, it was never a savings bank or hedge-fund investment. I understand it feels bad, but where else would you be able to buy up 100 scooters and then trade them all in for a motorcycle later on? The money was put down on a scooter and you received the scooter at the point the money was put down. Transaction complete.

How do you think you'll react to Pledgeing and CCUing no longer being a thing at the end of Beta?

We've known all along the pledge store is going to close - no amount of anger or disappointment is going to change the fact that Ship Pledges and being able to change your fleet with Melting and CCUs as you please won't be around forever. It could be argued to have started with $0 CCU's going. Then was Warbond fresh cash a better deal over credit. Now its LTI on Warbond fresh only, not on credit. Next will it be abolishing buy-backs from melted ships? After that will it be the ability to melt in the first place? After that will it be the ability to CCU outside of a specific brand making it necessary to have a Banu ship to get a CCU to the Merchantman? And then will it be CCU's altogether? The whole thing is going to slowly wrap up and vanish, eventually the whole system will be closed and gone forever but likely before the end we'll look at what it has to offer and say to ourselves "I'd have to be nuts to do anything but pledge with fresh cash." if even fresh cash pledges are still viable - would you pledge $120 for an Avenger?

Prepare yourselves. The Pledge and CCU system is only going to become less and less viable. Hopefully we'll have a lot more of the game to be able to play and take our minds off of it when it finally becomes totally unrealistic.

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant
I restructured my fleet again so I could pick up the A2 and M2. I only spent about $150 but my reasoning behind doing this is that at some point down the line, I'll either be able to buy back everything I melted, and the Anniversary sales always let me change things around to exactly how I want them. 6 month insurance no longer seems like a disadvantage to me as I'm still thinking it's going to have an almost negligible affect in comparison to say 60 month ins or LTI.

@NaffNaffBobFace I hope you're right. I have heard the same things, but if they can reface their current models of ship sales somehow to keep the $$$ flow, I think they might just do that. I mean, it's a great source of income and outside of their promises I don't see them getting rid of them unless they have something to replace them (eg: credit sales or something). If they go the way of Elite dangerous any continuing growth of the game will be really slow after launch in comparison to other MMO's. I don't think they can support their current staff on game sales alone (I hope I'm wrong, because I definitely could be wrong). I could maybe see them keeping their several hundred dollar packages as game packages (constellations, hornets, freelancers, etc...) but even then that would be breaking the promise of no more ship sales after launch. Hell, even "starter ships" will still be ship sales after launch so you know they aren't getting rid of those.

atpbx

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2016
RSI Handle
General Fisting
I'd love to see the source for where they said that ;-)

From the day I first pledged on the first day of 2016, I was informed pledging was not a permanent funding method, and the pledge store would one day be closed at the end of beta - Further to that, I was told the pledge store itself would become less and less viable as they progressed building the game, the aim to get backers playing more and paying less.

Did you ever stop and wonder if this was just the first step on that road to pledges for ships not being a viable thing for us anymore? It's a funding model, it was never a savings bank or hedge-fund investment. I understand it feels bad, but where else would you be able to buy up 100 scooters and then trade them all in for a motorcycle later on? The money was put down on a scooter and you received the scooter at the point the money was put down. Transaction complete.

How do you think you'll react to Pledgeing and CCUing no longer being a thing at the end of Beta?

We've known all along the pledge store is going to close - no amount of anger or disappointment is going to change the fact that Ship Pledges and being able to change your fleet with Melting and CCUs as you please won't be around forever. It could be argued to have started with $0 CCU's going. Then was Warbond fresh cash a better deal over credit. Now its LTI on Warbond fresh only, not on credit. Next will it be abolishing buy-backs from melted ships? After that will it be the ability to melt in the first place? After that will it be the ability to CCU outside of a specific brand making it necessary to have a Banu ship to get a CCU to the Merchantman? And then will it be CCU's altogether? The whole thing is going to slowly wrap up and vanish, eventually the whole system will be closed and gone forever but likely before the end we'll look at what it has to offer and say to ourselves "I'd have to be nuts to do anything but pledge with fresh cash." if even fresh cash pledges are still viable - would you pledge $120 for an Avenger?

Prepare yourselves. The Pledge and CCU system is only going to become less and less viable. Hopefully we'll have a lot more of the game to be able to play and take our minds off of it when it finally becomes totally unrealistic.

Hey Mr 2016, I know exactly what was said, and when, ive been following from the kick starter, and backed in 2015 (wow such power levelling much appealing to authority).

The very fact that you are trying to equate the unique funding model of CIG, with a physical goods transfer of legal ownership set up that exists in the real world shows that you dont understand fundamental issue at hand.

And in answer to your question, where could I buy a hundred scooters and trade them for a brand new motorcycle, just thank about the stupidity of that question and ponder whether its an appropriate example to the situation here.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
CIG have basically told me my money isnt welcome.
So you didn't get any ships in return for the $1000 you dropped on the project? I've not heared of that before, is there a way I can donate without getting any more jpgs? Even donating by being a subscriber gets you hangar flair... I take it your $1000 just turned into Store Credits immediately?

I'd quite like a way to donate without the expectation of anything in return other than the game at the end.

Hey Mr 2016, I know exactly what was said, and when, ive been following from the kick starter, and backed in 2015 (wow such power levelling much appealing to authority).

The very fact that you are trying to equate the unique funding model of CIG, with a physical goods transfer of legal ownership set up that exists in the real world shows that you dont understand fundamental issue at hand.

And in answer to your question, where could I buy a hundred scooters and trade them for a brand new motorcycle, just thank about the stupidity of that question and ponder whether its an appropriate example to the situation here.
It's Mr 'BobFace. You may have miss-read my forum name or may be mistaking me with another forum member going by the handle "2016". Whoever that person is, they are not very forward looking.

It seems you are hurting - why else would you accuse the kind, noble members of TEST of such brash things as stupidity and misunderstanding?

Try not to let this chew you up too much because there really is more to life than this, okay? If you need to talk about this and how it makes you feel, please don't hesitate to talk because it seems there is a lot more here than just funding a game to completion or Spaceship Jpegs.

We are TEST, we are here to help. From your message there appears to be a bit of a superiority complex going on in regard to how long I have been a backer compared to yourself, so we can start there if you like?

Try to imagine yourself as a piece of flotsam being dragged down a riverbed. The current is not strong, it should not be hard to push against it and swim upstream, but you discover as a piece of flotsam you have no limbs to push against the current with. You have been in the stream being pulled along for a long time, since you fell in close to its source. But you are powerless. You have no control. What can you do about this? You see another few pieces of flotsam drifting along, but instead of struggling they are smiling, sharing jokes and having beers with the flotsam around them. A few new pieces fall into the water from above and join in the jokes and drinks. They are not struggling, they have either learn't to let go or have not even bothered to start to struggle, and wherever the gentle stream current takes them they have accepted that they are powerless to do anything about it and are along for the ride. The only thing you can do is accept the inevitable and go with the flow.

I hope the above has helped. Remember, TEST is always here for you.

P.S. if you have dropped over $1000 on the game try to contact Concierge Customer Services to see if they can do anything for you.

P.P.S you didn't answer my question: how are you going to react when they close the Pledge Store and CCU system for good?

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
@NaffNaffBobFace I hope you're right. I have heard the same things, but if they can reface their current models of ship sales somehow to keep the $$$ flow, I think they might just do that. I mean, it's a great source of income and outside of their promises I don't see them getting rid of them unless they have something to replace them (eg: credit sales or something). If they go the way of Elite dangerous any continuing growth of the game will be really slow after launch in comparison to other MMO's. I don't think they can support their current staff on game sales alone (I hope I'm wrong, because I definitely could be wrong). I could maybe see them keeping their several hundred dollar packages as game packages (constellations, hornets, freelancers, etc...) but even then that would be breaking the promise of no more ship sales after launch. Hell, even "starter ships" will still be ship sales after launch so you know they aren't getting rid of those.
An excellent point, especially with the Starter Ships, and lets face it they did change LTI to function outside of the Kickstarter so anything could happen.

We can only work on what the rules are here and now, I suppose. Store Credit used to come with LTI on new concepts, it no longer does. Thats the truth of it here and now. CCU's still allow you to retain LTI upgrading Token ships like the recent 100i. That is the loophole for anyone wanting to recycle old funds into a new concept ship with LTI. But that may be plugged in the future, but while it lasts, its there to do.

With the huge amount of dev that went into upgrades to Cryengine (now lumberyard running off almost identical code) I could see CIG being able to make cash out of the engine code they created. They've been able to create things technically and graphically no other engine has been able to achieve - to us mere backers it means little but to games companies that want to license those abilities our little crowd-sourced company may have built themselves a gold mine which will keep SC a non-subscription game for decades to come... All theory-craft from me, but SC will be a game like no other built on technologies like no other that they have had to hand forge themselves. Fingers crossed!

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
honestly, it makes me think that they are rethinking the whole death with consequences thing....
That's my same thought. With space combat, it seems they are giving people ample opportunity to be able to choose to run away and avoid dying.

I don't see how they can do that with ground combat, especially now, if you get run over by a Tonk or carpet bombed by a MotherFracker Of All Bombs.

I haven't seen any discussion recently that they've rethought "Permadeath" or other consequences for death, even though that was a big part of the original scheme. Remember the old "Death of a Spaceman" article? They need to write "Death of a Ground-Pounder"

Link to the old "Death of a Spaceman" article (holy cow, it is from February 2013!)
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/12879-Death-Of-A-Spaceman

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
That's my same thought. With space combat, it seems they are giving people ample opportunity to be able to choose to run away and avoid dying.

I don't see how they can do that with ground combat, especially now, if you get run over by a Tonk or carpet bombed by a MotherFracker Of All Bombs.

I haven't seen any discussion recently that they've rethought "Permadeath" or other consequences for death, even though that was a big part of the original scheme. Remember the old "Death of a Spaceman" article? They need to write "Death of a Ground-Pounder"

Link to the old "Death of a Spaceman" article (holy cow, it is from February 2013!)
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/12879-Death-Of-A-Spaceman
Theory-crafting this through and thinking about the mech-style suits that are coming, as with Drones there is no reason why a highly vulnerable ground unit in a high-risk area like the front lines or a strategic target would have to have a physical person in it. The human controler could be in an orbiting Herald or a bunker 100 meters below the surface out of range of and surface dropped munition.

Tealwraith

Heresy detector
Donor
May 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Tealwraith
I'm going to repeat myself here, but the only thing I care about LTI is that it I won't lose any of the cash I put in the game. If CIG came out and said that ship pledges without LTI would never be erased from your account, but SomethingSomethingSomething, LTI wouldn't be such a big deal. As it is, we know that with LTI you can always get the basic hull you pledged for back. Ships without LTI, CIG employees have said, will never be gone for good, but you will have to jump through a bunch of hoops and pay a lot more to get them back. What hoops and how much? Like, pay as much to get your Cutlass Red back as to buy a new one? If CIG would be more clear on what their policy would be, LTI could be seen as a minor benefit. As it stands now, LTI is the only SURE way to prevent losing everything you pledged.

Feel free to correct me if I missed something, I'd love to know that my non-LTI ships are not in jeopardy.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I'm hoping that CIG will give us plenty of advanced warning when this will be (as in several months) so that we can save up to buy out the rest of the fleet we want before that happens.

Hell, even "starter ships" will still be ship sales after launch so you know they aren't getting rid of those.
I'm guessing that I've missed something because I thought that after launch, when a person bought into the game they would choose which of the base model starters to begin with. If I'm wrong about that, I feel a bit stupid, but I'd also feel as though I did my best to help people avoid getting into SC before that happens by telling them about the game & letting them decide if they want to take the gamble or not.

I just bought A2 model with a tank. They need to stop having these sales, it is bad on my wallet.
Sometimes I think they are giving my bank account an "eating disorder" because I save up & then splurge.

I'm going to repeat myself here, but the only thing I care about LTI is that it I won't lose any of the cash I put in the game. If CIG came out and said that ship pledges without LTI would never be erased from your account, but SomethingSomethingSomething, LTI wouldn't be such a big deal. As it is, we know that with LTI you can always get the basic hull you pledged for back. Ships without LTI, CIG employees have said, will never be gone for good, but you will have to jump through a bunch of hoops and pay a lot more to get them back. What hoops and how much? Like, pay as much to get your Cutlass Red back as to buy a new one? If CIG would be more clear on what their policy would be, LTI could be seen as a minor benefit. As it stands now, LTI is the only SURE way to prevent losing everything you pledged.

Feel free to correct me if I missed something, I'd love to know that my non-LTI ships are not in jeopardy.
Piece of mind may seem trivial to many, but it is priceless to others.

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant

I cannot show you, but in a sprectrum post, I haLikeve seent it wif bofe my eyes, something that absolutely reassures us that our ships will not be forever destroyed, you just have to pay more than your usual insurance premium. I'm sure someone reading this knows what I'm talking about and can link it. Right guyz?????

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant
I'm guessing that I've missed something because I thought that after launch, when a person bought into the game they would choose which of the base model starters to begin with. If I'm wrong about that, I feel a bit stupid, but I'd also feel as though I did my best to help people avoid getting into SC before that happens by telling them about the game & letting them decide if they want to take the gamble or not.

No, you are right, just may have misread what I have said. You buy into the game and get to choose which starter ship you want. However, some starter ships are more expensive than others, and even the freelancer can be part of your "package". I'm just pointing out how the promise of no ship sales after launch is kinda moot considering there are different tiers of starter packages as it stands. They could use this as a loophole and attach a game package to every ship sale and call it a game package. I doubt they'd do something like that, but it could still be done and them technically still not sell stand alone ships.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
No, you are right, just may have misread what I have said. You buy into the game and get to choose which starter ship you want. However, some starter ships are more expensive than others, and even the freelancer can be part of your "package". I'm just pointing out how the promise of no ship sales after launch is kinda moot considering there are different tiers of starter packages as it stands. They could use this as a loophole and attach a game package to every ship sale and call it a game package. I doubt they'd do something like that, but it could still be done and them technically still not sell stand alone ships.
You are correct in that I might have misunderstood. For the record, I was referring to the Mustang Alpha, base model Aurora & now the 100i starter ships as the options for when somebody starts after a certain point. Of course, IF there are other acctual "starter ships" made by other ship brands, those could join the initial selection.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
As I have repeated on spectrum many times over, they issue isnt really about Lti, its about the definition of supporting SCs ongoing development,
observe:

Person 1 spends $1000 a year buying smaller concepts when they can, buying CCUS when they can, buying smaller buy backs when they can who then melts all that to fund a big splurge in store credits for that years big ship = not funding CIGs on going development, second class citizen, take your store credits and shove them up your arse.

Someone who spends $600 in one go once a year = here is lti, a $100 discount and a free tank, thanks for supporting SCs ongoing development.

I am person one. CIG have basically told me my money isnt welcome.
Your money still is worth something but you have to take one of your older LTI ship(Most likely one you melted) and upgrade it to the transport which if not available yet will be very soon. Thats why the CCU system exists for situations like this.(buyback once per quarter) You can even still get your 100 usd off if you bought old CCUs or have something like an old starfarer or BMM maybe even more than 100 usd off. new players won't have that oportunity as they will not have LTI tokens just laying around(unless they goto the grey market which they will have to pay more for).

atpbx

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2016
RSI Handle
General Fisting
Your money still is worth something but you have to take one of your older LTI ship(Most likely one you melted) and upgrade it to the transport which if not available yet will be very soon. Thats why the CCU system exists for situations like this.(buyback once per quarter) You can even still get your 100 usd off if you bought old CCUs or have something like an old starfarer or BMM maybe even more than 100 usd off. new players won't have that oportunity as they will not have LTI tokens just laying around(unless they goto the grey market which they will have to pay more for).
I understand this, and I can understand why people on the other side of the argument dont understand why people like myself are disgusted by this change.

Its not about the ship, or warbonds, or lti, its about having the contributions you have made to the project dismissed as worthless.

Anyway, its done, I have asked for my money back as its clearly not wanted.

Forgot your password?