Intergalactic Aerospace Expo 2950 Megathread - Its Done

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
It could take a few days for them to get back to you. But you are 100% guaranteed to get a full refund. Which means you just have to buy the Ambush before the sale ends.
Geopetal from concierge support helped me today and i managed to grab the Ambush Pack :) Happy ^^
He also told me one think, is that customer support can not tell if the pack will be available after IAE, so actually it was a risky move for me if the refund has not been immediate, as i would have potentially end with nothing to buy again.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Well that sucks.

The elevators from the Metroline to the space port were not working so I went back to the Commons and took the surface. I have no idea where at the space port the surface entrance is, it's not called out or signposted so when I got close I called up the Mobi and hailed the spaceport from my Tumbril - I was allocated a parking place on top of the space port, so I had to drive around to the back so I could access the top. Nearly at the top, the Tumbi flips. I still have the icon for the parking space and hope there is a pedestrian entrance and start running.

I and get on to the roof of the port. It's biiiig up there. After a while a message pops up on my helmet hud saying it's government property and I'm trespassing, well I'm being guided to a spot on top so I've got permission to be here, oh no I don't I've got a crime stat now. I get within a few hundred meters of the icon and a voice cuts in saying it's taken too long and they are giving my landing spot to someone else. Well wonderful thanks. I get to where the Icon was...

It's a hangar for space/aircraft. Even if I had been in the Tumbril, I would not have been able to get inside.

Again, the trespassing warning flashes up and I feel like I've been setup by those rotten Babbage Hippies. I run on with my heart rate going through the sky, and jump - the Trespassing warning goes and I'm freefalling, so no Level 2 trespassing stat but now I've got to find a way of surviving a fall off the top of New Babbage space port.

I don't find a way, at least not in the time between jumping and hitting the ground.

I spawn in Grim Hex and now I've got to find a way to get shot of this trespassing charge.

Damned Babbage Hippies.
Dear New Babbage Traffic Control.

I recently experienced an unfortunate misunderstanding with your team, where I was directed by yourselves on to the roof of your spaceport, resulting in a trespassing charge and a Level 1 crime-stat against myself and an unfortunate and very painful fall from the top of the building you yourselves directed me to be on top of.

Awaking from my fall, I was disappointed to find the medical team appears to have had a sense of humor, as they had not relocated my unconscious body back to my luxury Hab in New Babbage as is the usual convention in such circumstances - instead they had carted me half way across the system and deposited me into one of GrimHex's finest domiciles, and still with a crime stat that you yourselves had directed me to have.

I immediately traveled over to Security Station Kareah to clear up this confusion, only to find an air filtration system issue meant there station was empty with no one there to help, and I didn't have a security pass to remedy this on their terminals myself.

Upon leaving, a Crusader Security Representative approached me with some Tigerstreak gunfire, apparently assuming I was on the way in to hack the abandoned systems. To say the misunderstandings were racking up was an understatement. My attempts to explain were useless, so I attempted to disable their engines to allow some time to talk, only to draw the attention of reinforcements who proceeded to destroy my ship and add another two levels to my crime stat.

Having awoken from a second bout of unconsciousness in less than 30 minutes, I found myself in the Klescher correctional facility on Hurston. Unfortunately due to the low gravity on that moon, I overestimated how far I could jump and fell to my death off gantries three times in a row. This put my sentence from an initial 1 hour and 30 minutes to a regrettable 3 hours as treating my injuries incurred medical costs which were going to have to be paid for somehow. I offered to pay with UEC but was accused of attempted bribery and was informed in a correctional facility, you can pay with time, or labor.

Having been unconscious five times in a row, I was determined to not need the assistance of medics again and instead set to work in the mines, bringing my total time inconvenienced to a mere two hours.

Having read my account I am sure you are no doubt aware that this was of some great frustration to myself, and I would like to know how you intend to recoup me for the costs in fuel and a destroyed ship, and apologize for the inconvenience caused?

Kind Regards,
NaffNaffBobFace.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
When deos it end exactly? My friend finally decided to give the free fly a shot, tomorrow of all days.... I've read 11:59 UTC on RSI FB, but is that AM or PM? cos if it's AM (as in lunchtime, not midnight), he's effed...
We don't know exactly but best bet is that it ends when it began on day 1. So we're in the final hours.

AccidentProne8

Space Marshal
Apr 12, 2015
RSI Handle
accidentproneeight
Well, I've resisted so far, but one of the things I regret is that many of the ships I've bought for form and function - but only ended up liking the function. The Vanguard, the MIS, the Tali, the Carrack. Well, just bought a Carrack to Perseus CCU...seeing as I have a Retaliator to Aquila CCU, I can trade among tiers but keep the functions and get slightly better forms...not that I'll be activating either of those anytime soon. Or just have a baller military fleet. One of those.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
We don't know exactly but best bet is that it ends when it began on day 1. So we're in the final hours.
Thanks.

Welp, that sux.
I just realized I can solve the free fly ending problem (got a spare account in the family, wish I could remember the password lol).
But I do hope we at least get to keep the ships we rented for their remaining duration !? Cos flying around in an aurora and 2 mustangs isn't what I had planned lol

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Well, Day 1 began on Nov 20 at 4pm UTC, and ended on Nov 21 at 3:59pm UTC.
So day 13 should start Dec 2 at 4pm UTC and end on Dec 3 at 3:59pm UTC.

So I'd say the expo ending Dec 3 at 3:59pm UTC would be the logical best bet, though acting as if the expo was ending on Dec 2 at 3:49pm UTC would certainly be the safest bet.
And I mean, I'd be not at all surprised if it actually ended on Dec 2, but it did start 16 hours into Nov 20, so if we're talking about 13 full days, it'd end 16 hours after Dec 2.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
This is what happens when you fell for the hype... Damn space jpegs... Well i hit the wrong buttons this IAE i guess 😂

View attachment 19584
View attachment 19585
Welcome to the club of the Shiny Gold Armor owners. Trust me, you're not the only 1 of us that made our wallets cringe over the past couple weeks.

I see you found the slippery slope and not only fell down it but jumped head first, broke an ankle, and decided it was really fun. :D
Again, again, again!

I'm sad now. I'm only 75% of the way to Space Marshal.

Before the IAE I was 69%.

nice
Before the 2950 IAE I was at 60% of the way to becoming a Wing Commander & receiving a F8 to console my wallet with. Now my wallet wants a nice long vacation because I'm closer to 75%.

I CCU'd to it no issue. Now the Polaris, that ones not working for me.

Awesome. Good to know. Thank you.

Sweet! Thanks man!
No worries @Blind Owl , my "Exploration Pack" still has my Polaris that you can borrow for space alcohol runs & after I posted my frustrations about the CCU issue with the Perseus, that was cleared up, my Dur sacrificed for the greater good & a Camo sniper Perseus is in it's place.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Before the 2950 IAE I was at 60% of the way to becoming a Wing Commander & receiving a F8 to console my wallet with. Now my wallet wants a nice long vacation because I'm closer to 75%.
I can only admire your dedication. I only gained 7% more towards becoming a lowly High Admiral this entire year, and at this rate I'll need 3 more years to achieve even that.
Or like, one real badass ship.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
The sale ended sometime today. Only the Nomad, MSR and Perseus are still available and will be for a while.

Time to post all our poor decisions!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
No worries @Blind Owl , my "Exploration Pack" still has my Polaris that you can borrow for space alcohol runs & after I posted my frustrations about the CCU issue with the Perseus, that was cleared up, my Dur sacrificed for the greater good & a Camo sniper Perseus is in it's place.
You're a good man Talonsbane. I shall endeavour to crash her spectacularly, and cover the cost of recovery of course!

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
my "Exploration Pack" still has my Polaris that you can borrow
You're a good man Talonsbane. I shall endeavour to crash her spectacularly, and cover the cost of recovery of course!
I do wonder if I should rethink some of my fleet because I'm thinking I might like another ship better, until I remember there will be a massive amount of ships I could just hop on to serve as crew.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I do wonder if I should rethink some of my fleet because I'm thinking I might like another ship better, until I remember there will be a massive amount of ships I could just hop on to serve as crew.
Yeah man, I feel you. When I reset my fleet (the second time) I told myself 4 ships, with the Carrack beyond my only big one. I'd fly with everyone else. Now I have 9 full ships and 4 bikes. What happened . . .again?

AccidentProne8

Space Marshal
Apr 12, 2015
RSI Handle
accidentproneeight
Yeah man, I feel you. When I reset my fleet (the second time) I told myself 4 ships, with the Carrack beyond my only big one. I'd fly with everyone else. Now I have 9 full ships and 4 bikes. What happened . . .again?
Well, you can't have just one bike... It'd be lonely!

Can't help you with the rest though, that's between you, your wallet, and God.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
It's like us Owl, ships will have children and grand children by the time the game will be out ;) Watch them grow and multiple... so cute... you think they won't grow past Carrack size? 🤓😅😂🤣

Forgot your password?