• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
If they do alot of backers who spent the money will be seriously upset, and rightfully so. Big NO on this

Unless it's the F8A
More of us who have spent less than 10k than those who have and they can easily give them a unique skin and loadout. In the end neither of our opinions matter, only time will tell.

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
More of us who have spent less than 10k than those who have and they can easily give them a unique skin and loadout. In the end neither of our opinions matter, only time will tell.
Eh just make the F8 given to 10/25k backers gold and platinum plated and call it a day.

Making the ship on a whole exclusive to them only gives more ammunition to the folks calling SC a 'pay-to-win' game.

If they sell it directly cool, if I have to buy it in game after completing SQ42, that's cool too. It shouldn't be made overly difficult for folks who pledged less than 10k to obtain it. After all the bulk of SC's backers pledged less than 1k.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Well come to think of it ... I thought about it and looked around... and....

They never said it was exclusive or rare or special in any way for 10K backers only, only thing said is that when you spend $10K you get one for free and that's it.

But I guess the entiteled backer assume it would be rare and only for them thingy thing ha ha... 🤣

CHEERS! 🍻

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
If it's earned from beating SQ42 then there's no need for me to spend money on it. I'm very excited to play SQ42 when it comes out. Are there people who don't care about it?
a subtle form of Pay to Win

buy Game 1, get an exclusive 'I win' fighter for Game 2

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
Well come to think of it ... I thought about it and looked around... and....

They never said it was exclusive or rare or special in any way for 10K backers only, only thing said is that when you spend $10K you get one for free and that's it.

But I guess the entiteled backer assume it would be rare and only for them thing ha ha...

CHEERS! 🍻
Exactly. I remember when the F8 was announced, there were 'whales' on Reddit and Spectrum who cried that the ship should be exclusive to them. I've spent about 1k and have received some neat stuff by virtue of me spending that much and being one of the earliest backers. That said, I want all these perks to be cosmetic and not 'pay to win' exclusives.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
If they did - that'd save me 5000 in investment
Unless they sell it for $5000 😉

From what I can see (and it's an assumption) the F8 is not going to be massively long range. The Vanguard has beds and a living area including bog. I can't see an interior on the Anvil tub - It's pretty, and I'm sure it'll be able to kick ass, but when there are 100+ systems to visit I'd be hard pressed to "upgrade" to an F8 if it means I can't travel the 'Verse in it.

That said I wouldn't say no if I just won one in a competition or something :-D

That's not an option in the poll!

I'd best use this one for that: https://testsquadron.com/threads/the-ultimate-poll.9941/
@NaffNaffBobFace , you read my mind again. LoL Good times.

I say NO, it's been a backed $10K gift, can you imagine the shit storm that's gonna unleash if it went on sale..

Might be those who have passed $10K backing will have it flyable but part from that I think..... it's for show like last NOV sale when we could see it.

Do I hope they put it on sale ... sure like any of you do that haven't passed $10K.

BUT.... if you had passed $10K to get it... and then it went for sale what would your reaction be.

CHEERS! 🍻
I totally get where you're coming from, if they do put it on sale then they need to make sure that the 10k backers get a special loadout standard or whatever and a special skin. I am happy buying it w/o being a 10k backer and buying the parts in-game.
My hearts telling me no because it's stupid that the UEE would sell even a downgraded copy of their brand new space superiority fighter on the open market.

My mind is telling me CIG fucking loves money and will not turn down an opportunity to shovel it in for something that they already have worked on and completed.

These fuckers sold you guys a carrier, destroyer, and frigate, you really think they'll balk at selling you the shiniest fighter? All they have to do to justify it is "oh well goals changed and a lot of people wanted it so we decided to price it at 500 so it was available for the super fans but high enough to keep it rare blah blah blah" and then wipe any tears from people off with a stack of 100$ bills.
Here's what I hope that they'll do. I would like to see CIG put the F8 on sale in a decommissioned state like the Idris & Jav. So that those that purchase it & then blow it up will have to either backtrack & reclaim the weapons & components OR replace them as they wouldn't be part of the insurance coverage. Those that are gifted / awarded it by CIG should have it arrive with full military load-out that is covered by LTI with the hull. Those that wish to purchase it with creds in game would have to complete SQ42 well enough to earn the right to fly 1 in game to earn the in game purchase token, but I want SQ42 to have different outcomes for the players based on the choices they make during the game that determines if they would fly the F8 or some other end game caliber ship that they would be able to get tokens to purchase in the PU instead.

All of this would allow the Concierge backers that earned this to feel rewarded & appreciated while not fully penalizing players that also desire owning this ship. It would also help give players an additional reason to purchase & play SQ42. Which reminds me, I heard something recently that stated that CIG is now willing to port SQ42 onto the next generation consoles, but SC will still be PC only. If this is correct, I'm happy for this change as it will definitely pull in a large supply of interest for the Verse long term from those that usually stick to consoles instead.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Well here's the fact and there is nothing about the F8 to be exclusive, only that backing past 10K you earn the title of Wing Commander and get the F8 as a gift(thank you) .

There is nothing about it having different load out or a special skin so... theory crafting up shit can be done until peps heart content but it don't make it so.

Here's the Concierge information screen you get once close to passing the $10K... as you see there is nothing about exclusivity or special version.

Just a simple thank you gesture for backing that's all... and you get a diploma to that you can print out, as you get for each concierge level you pass.

CHEERS! 🍻

Last edited:

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
"Here's the Concierge information screen you get once close to passing the $10K... as you see there is nothing about exclusivity or special version."

I think its been said, the variants available to the public are civilian variants, it was also said they would be extremely rare in the PU unless this has been changed recently this is what I recall being said about the F8. So this does kind of contradict your statement about it being special or exclusive, as they said it would be extremely rare or you have to spend 10k dollars to get one, this in my book means its going to be pretty exclusive.

That being said, I don't think selling this is a good idea, it will unbalance the entire combat ship classification, it would be like tossing an f22 into the Vietnam war, its far superior to anything out there and would just make most ships obsolete or they would have to tone down the F8 so much it wouldn't even resemble what it was supposed to be. The fact that its the premier fighter of the UEE should kind of make it unobtainable, at least for awhile until the UEE adopts a newer ship as its premier fighter. I also don't think its fair for the people who shelled out 10k to get access to it and trust me I am not one lol. I think its pretty cool that its a rare ship, ya I am jealous but I feel its a cool idea to keep some things limited in the verse.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
First off, Chris Roberts said they would not sell it, but that it would be a reward for completing SQ42.

Second, they said that the F8 was intended as a gift to those that have given crazy money to the game.

Third...they don't NEED the money. If money was tight, etc, I could see it, but they are already months ahead of the current previous best year. I really don't see them as using it to drive sales.

That said, I do see it being on display as a teaser.
I do see it being used in an "air show"
I can even see it being "rented"...but if they did that, they risk upsetting their biggest whales if they don't have access to it first.
Since they have said that like the Idris and the Javelin, it would not be released until SQ42 launches, I don't see that happening.

I can see the F8A being sold again, and I think that would be cool.

I can see new skins for ships being sold. In fact, they hinted at that in their last ISC.

But actually selling the F8? Nah, don't think that will happen. BUT...there might be another "concept" ship out there too.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
What drew me into all this was SQ42, more than the PU. I grew up on the Wing Commander/Freelancer stuff. PU for me is just the candy on the top. Hell I see the PU as a continuation of my SQ42 character's adventures after he musters out of the UEE Navy. :)
My long lost brother... you just described me as well! They better name at least one ship the TigersClaw
Exactly this gents! I've been waiting for a game like Freelancer since . . .well, since Freelancer. And the Privateer games? My god, they were phenomenal. I want that feeling again. I don't play a lot of SC I think because I want that feeling when I get into game. I don't want it washed away by overplaying the game before she's ready, lol.
Hahaha, oh I've missed this poll my friend.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
"Here's the Concierge information screen you get once close to passing the $10K... as you see there is nothing about exclusivity or special version."

I think its been said, the variants available to the public are civilian variants, it was also said they would be extremely rare in the PU unless this has been changed recently this is what I recall being said about the F8. So this does kind of contradict your statement about it being special or exclusive, as they said it would be extremely rare or you have to spend 10k dollars to get one, this in my book means its going to be pretty exclusive.

That being said, I don't think selling this is a good idea, it will unbalance the entire combat ship classification, it would be like tossing an f22 into the Vietnam war, its far superior to anything out there and would just make most ships obsolete or they would have to tone down the F8 so much it wouldn't even resemble what it was supposed to be. The fact that its the premier fighter of the UEE should kind of make it unobtainable, at least for awhile until the UEE adopts a newer ship as its premier fighter. I also don't think its fair for the people who shelled out 10k to get access to it and trust me I am not one lol. I think its pretty cool that its a rare ship, ya I am jealous but I feel its a cool idea to keep some things limited in the verse.
1st, if the US had use of an F-22 during the efforts in the Vietnam conflict, it wouldn't have changed much at all. The US already had aerial supremacy over Vietnam during that unfortunate crisis & to the best of my knowledge the F-22 has a lot of its navigational & communication systems that depend on satellite communication with it.

I don't think that CIG will allow the public to use the F-8 in the PU until SQ42 goes live. At which point those backers that received it as a gift can be the 1st to use theirs in the Verse while those that earn the token to purchase 1 in game complete SQ42 for their opportunity. I still feel that if CIG was to sell the F-8 as a concept for real money, that it should be done in the same manner as the Jav & Idris ships. (Hull only LTI, no weapons or components) Those gifted the ship for backing enough, theirs should be fully loaded with LTI.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
F8 lightning is not a specific SQ42 ship it is used there yeah but you guys are mixing it up with the F7A Hornet that is the one that is special to SQ42!
As it was always said from the start once you, if you finish SQ42 and make it through all hurtles you get the option to buy a F7A not the F8..

if that changed, show me a official CIG statement from the homepage that say different and I'll salute and thank for if I'm wrong I gladly stand corrected.
( not some babble talk from youtube clip either as there is said a lot that's not official and more a hope )

So don't come dragging with some reddit post or half done comment from some chat..

Show me a official statement on how it is or please stop make up your own version based on rumors and chat conversations.

It never end well and can make a lot of people disappointed.

CHEERS! 🍻

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
I say NO, it's been a backed $10K gift, can you imagine the shit storm that's gonna unleash if it went on sale..

Might be those who have passed $10K backing will have it flyable but part from that I think..... it's for show like last NOV sale when we could see it.

Do I hope they put it on sale ... sure like any of you do that haven't passed $10K.

BUT.... if you had passed $10K to get it... and then it went for sale what would your reaction be.

CHEERS! 🍻
Well there will be a shit storm becouse CR state that the F8 will never became up to sell, but that's it...
I mena right now there are people spending $$$ to get an Idris or a Javeling and other that just "get it free" do to the referral program... same thing for the Gladius and other ship.... I don't see any difference there, some purchase it and other simple get it as an "extra reward" for something else.

Wing command level backer will simply have it "free" or have it in multiple copies, they'll noting to complain, they won't be stripped of anything...

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
I don't think money should be the final driver
1st, if the US had use of an F-22 during the efforts in the Vietnam conflict, it wouldn't have changed much at all. The US already had aerial supremacy over Vietnam during that unfortunate crisis & to the best of my knowledge the F-22 has a lot of its navigational & communication systems that depend on satellite communication with it.

I don't think that CIG will allow the public to use the F-8 in the PU until SQ42 goes live. At which point those backers that received it as a gift can be the 1st to use theirs in the Verse while those that earn the token to purchase 1 in game complete SQ42 for their opportunity. I still feel that if CIG was to sell the F-8 as a concept for real money, that it should be done in the same manner as the Jav & Idris ships. (Hull only LTI, no weapons or components) Those gifted the ship for backing enough, theirs should be fully loaded with LTI.
I think you over thought the whole scenario I was suggesting, the point is, this ship is well above its class or any combat ship in the verse right now, putting something like this into the verse would literally destroy what balance it has, its the premier navy ship, which means its years ahead of anything in the verse and capable of dominating just about anything or it wouldn't be their premier navy combat ship.

This ship was said to be obtainable but EXTREMELY RARE, the F8's people will get will be dumbed down civilian versions anyways. I completely disagree with selling this ship, if CIG is so desperate they have to make decisions like selling the F8 it will send warning alarms through the verse that this game is in fact in deep shit if they have to resort to selling ships that were never intended to be sold to the masses. If this were to happen, where is the line drawn? What happens next? Javelins, Idris, Bengals? I mean if money is the only issue they could just sell all the ships all the time. CIG knows the F8 will unbalance the game this is why its very very rare, they don't want a million of them flying about the verse.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I don't think money should be the final driver

I think you over thought the whole scenario I was suggesting, the point is, this ship is well above its class or any combat ship in the verse right now, putting something like this into the verse would literally destroy what balance it has, its the premier navy ship, which means its years ahead of anything in the verse and capable of dominating just about anything or it wouldn't be their premier navy combat ship.

This ship was said to be obtainable but EXTREMELY RARE, the F8's people will get will be dumbed down civilian versions anyways. I completely disagree with selling this ship, if CIG is so desperate they have to make decisions like selling the F8 it will send warning alarms through the verse that this game is in fact in deep shit if they have to resort to selling ships that were never intended to be sold to the masses. If this were to happen, where is the line drawn? What happens next? Javelins, Idris, Bengals? I mean if money is the only issue they could just sell all the ships all the time. CIG knows the F8 will unbalance the game this is why its very very rare, they don't want a million of them flying about the verse.
I overthink most things that I don't under think. They do periodically offer sales of the various Idris & Jav ships in limited numbers that are usually snatched up within a minute or less.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Tei

Captain
Dec 8, 2019
RSI Handle
TeiwazWolf
F8 lightning is not a specific SQ42 ship it is used there yeah but you guys are mixing it up with the F7A Hornet that is the one that is special to SQ42!
As it was always said from the start once you, if you finish SQ42 and make it through all hurtles you get the option to buy a F7A not the F8..

if that changed, show me a official CIG statement from the homepage that say different and I'll salute and thank for if I'm wrong I gladly stand corrected.
( not some babble talk from youtube clip either as there is said a lot that's not official and more a hope )

So don't come dragging with some reddit post or half done comment from some chat..

Show me a official statement on how it is or please stop make up your own version based on rumors and chat conversations.

It never end well and can make a lot of people disappointed.

CHEERS! 🍻
Think you are confusing F8A with F7A.
It's F8A that you will be able to buy in PU after getting to certain level in SQ42

Here is a link to video that I posted some time ago: https://testsquadron.com/threads/mother-of-god-is-it-happening.17331/post-333246

Both F7A and F8A will be restricted to UUE Navy, but it has been said that few will be available in PU, most likely by hijacking them off UEE.

I am still hoping that emergence of F8 means that SQ42 is around the corner (if we should trust CR that F8 will be available only when SQ42 comes out).

Forgot your password?