Votes: 17 21.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
I see it like the pirate cat or pirate gladius. When you get the cert in SQ 42, you will be able to buy it in game...and MAYBE for cash...but it’s supposed to be super rare, so even if they do sell it, I would expect it to be pricey and limited...meaning no CCUs.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Think you are confusing F8A with F7A.
It's F8A that you will be able to buy in PU after getting to certain level in SQ42

Here is a link to video that I posted some time ago: https://testsquadron.com/threads/mother-of-god-is-it-happening.17331/post-333246

Both F7A and F8A will be restricted to UUE Navy, but it has been said that few will be available in PU, most likely by hijacking them off UEE.

I am still hoping that emergence of F8 means that SQ42 is around the corner (if we should trust CR that F8 will be available only when SQ42 comes out).
No when it come to A version it was suppose to be the F7A Hornet the F8 it was the F8C version, but as that is not in any official statement and things seem to change a lot.
And I don't trust the Video any further than you can throw the computer you watch it on, tho I hope he's not mouthing off and saying shit out of the hat.
Which is often he do so that video doesn't confirm anything more than what we know we get a badge to buy one if we finish SQ42 but not which version.. just lose talk.

So it is just a video clip as many of them are as they change or he him self got things mixed up, a official statement is written in text with the story behind why and how...

As I said it is not more than a we hope, we wish this is the plan how we want it and if they can't they change it.
That's why I said no video clip that does not hold up as official statement!...

Do I hope it is like this and that, sure I do but my hope does not make it so...

The one thing we do know is F8A is built as a successor to the F7A and that should be recently, so not that long ago and SQ42 start way off just after the last war.
There was no F8 version at all back then but might come later in the SQ42 story.
The truth is there is a lot of guessing and theory crafting but not much official part from some lose comments.

We think we know, we get one version, or both, or this and that... who knows... guessing how it is, does not make it so.

And I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on a official written story that tell it like,.. this is how it'll be... !

CHEERS! 🍻

• Glorious
Reactions: Talonsbane

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
I expect an upgrade that converts F7C to F8C with LTI included, like RSI aurora to RSI mantis. 😌

If F8C is the new standard, give to old F7C owners an upgrade plan. 🤖
If they do that, everyone's gonna dump their hornets like hot rocks. The only thing Hornets and Super Hornets have going for them is the 'promise' that they'll be well armored. Currently they're inferior to almost every fighter in their class (notably the Sabre).

Tei

Captain
Dec 8, 2019
RSI Handle
TeiwazWolf
[...]
And I don't trust the Video any further than you can throw the computer you watch it on, tho I hope he's not mouthing off and saying shit out of the hat.
Which is often he do so that video doesn't confirm anything more than what we know we get a badge to buy one if we finish SQ42 but not which version.. just lose talk.

So it is just a video clip as many of them are as they change or he him self got things mixed up, a official statement is written in text with the story behind why and how...

As I said it is not more than a we hope, we wish this is the plan how we want it and if they can't they change it.
That's why I said no video clip that does not hold up as official statement!...
[...]
Honestly I can't imagine it being more official than coming from horses mouth.
It does not matter that I trust in everything CR says, but to me this is official.

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
Honestly I can't imagine it being more official than coming from horses mouth.
It does not matter that I trust in everything CR says, but to me this is official.
We're all just a bunch of nerds theory crafting and speculating about internet spaceships. It's all a bit of harmless fun.

We'll find out in a week anyway!

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I don't expect it to be on sale in any manner until after the official launch of SQ42. This being said, I'm always happy to see much desired ships make any sort of appearance through official means, especially if they are in game for us to see up close ourselves. (like at the recent Aerospace Expo a couple years ago)

• o7
Reactions: Mich Angel

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
If nothing else, we will be able to buy a leather bomber jacket and look like Jax...
For some reason I get the feeling that I'll eventually see 1 of these, but instead of patches marking the sorts of enemies eliminated, there will be patches of the various alcohol insignias that have been consumed. This is of course in addition to the standard unit patches to help identify them when discovered after an unknown amount of time TESTifying with extreme efficiency.

• Glorious
Reactions: Mich Angel

Kaus_Borealis

Grand Admiral
Jun 9, 2019
RSI Handle
Kaus_Borealis
If they do that, everyone's gonna dump their hornets like hot rocks. The only thing Hornets and Super Hornets have going for them is the 'promise' that they'll be well armored. Currently they're inferior to almost every fighter in their class (notably the Sabre).
It could be a master commercial maneuver.

- 350$ F8C-M "Game Pack" SC+SQ42+Industrial Hangar + F8C-M LTI +Kill'emAll Skin* +Anvil TopGun fly helmet
- 320$ "Concierge add-on" F8C-M LTI +Kill'emAll skin* +ExecutiveEdition skin +Anvil TopGun fly helmet
- 290$ Warbond F8C-M LTI +Kill'emAll skin*
- 120$ "Anvil special promo" CCU F7C-M to F8C-M Warbond with LTI +Kill'emAll skin*
- 130$ "Anvil Wildfire special promo" CCU F7C-M Wildfire to F8C-M Warbond with LTI +Kill'emAll skin*
- 110$ "Anvil Heartseeker special promo" CCU F7C-M Heartseeker to F8C-M Warbond with LTI +Kill'emAll skin* +Anvil TopGun fly helmet
- 315$ F8C-M
- 10$ Kill'emAll skin (exclusive and interchangeable between F7C-M and F8C-M ship models)
- 10$ Anvil TopGun fly helmet

*Note: The skin tag try to sell an op status not legally liable .

I'm pretty sure it will be a no brain 'shut up and take my money' with a sweet flavour for the oldest backers that were upset watching old ship designs become weaker and weaker. Probably CIG should earn more bucks selling upgrades than enrolling new backers.

Last edited:

Tei

Captain
Dec 8, 2019
RSI Handle
TeiwazWolf
The first question he asked Chris was about the F8, its clear after you finish SQ42 you will get access to a dumbed down civilian version of the F8, so no, there will not be a F8 sale unless Chris completely goes back on his comments in this video.
Yes, this is the same video I posted 11 days ago here: https://testsquadron.com/threads/mother-of-god-is-it-happening.17331/post-333246

But You need to rewatch it, because CR never said F8 would never be available as pledge.

Your statement is not true - he would not have to go back on his word.

Facts:
- we don't get F8 before SQ42 is out
- high level Concierges get F8 as a thank you
- rest of players can buy one in PU after they play F8 in SQ42

Nowhere he said that they will not do pledge sales for people who want to but ship!
And selling F8 would not negate above facts as well.

I still do not think it will be F8 on sale next week, just arguing your invalid statement.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
this is why I quit buying ships

there's no way of knowing now which ships will be useful when the game goes live

do I own a bunch of doorstops with LTI?

the only thing I know for sure is that I will always have an Aurora

because TEST

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
this is why I quit buying ships

there's no way of knowing now which ships will be useful when the game goes live

the only thing I know for sure is that I will always have an Aurora

because TEST
I hear you there, I look at my Endeavor and think it'll be my home in space. I also look at it and wonder if I'll be able to afford to run it if that mechanic is implemented, as I get about an hour a day to play, if that. 🙂

I hope there is one last giant open sale event at the end of Beta where they bring back the $0 CCU's so everyone can get the tubs they want once they have been finished and balanced as best they can before the game goes into live status and the pledge store has to close. The 350R is not the ship she once was but I just can't bring myself to get shot of the thing... for now 😉 Plus it's got TEST logos in the undercarriage bays - GLORIOUS!

Last edited:
Forgot your password?