Invictus Megathread

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
It was an interesting commercial that was semi informative, but it did seem a bit underwhelming for how much its fans had been looking forward to it all this time.
Well I was pretty excited to upgrade my Black to the Blue but it was just underwhelming in general. Maybe I don't understand the ship but it feels like you're flying a Space Prison bus rather than a Bounty Hunter. Perhaps they'll tweak it and I'll take a look at in the the future but as of now....yeah upgraded my Black to a Freelancer MIS.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Well I was pretty excited to upgrade my Black to the Blue but it was just underwhelming in general. Maybe I don't understand the ship but it feels like you're flying a Space Prison bus rather than a Bounty Hunter. Perhaps they'll tweak it and I'll take a look at in the the future but as of now....yeah upgraded my Black to a Freelancer MIS.
I'm thinking that I'll eventually be having to go into a space bar & "arrest" as many TESTies as my Blue will "jail" to haul them away while the Advocacy is arriving to arrest everybody else.

Once at a safe distance, the pods get opened, the bottles of alcohol the "prisoners" were concealing get opened & the party resumes away from the gaze of the law. Cheers!

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
This is whole sell-a-ship week is a shitshow. It started with the queuing ctd, then 16007, reset, then char creator hang, then 30K-s all the way, then it finally seemed to work for me for a couple of hours as long as I didn't try to do much apart from looking at the expo. Flying the rented ships? Nah, forget about it, maybe for 10 minutes max... Today I wanted to just take a look at the Drake stuff, maybe check out the blue in person, rent a Herald for the lols cos I like weird currently useless ships.

But nope. 16007, character data not synced.

Tried everything. Literally. Even fully re-downloaded the damn game (thanks 100MegaByte/sec internet speed haha), and nope. Reset the character, finally I got a 1502834329 whatever number error that my acc was locked cos of the reset, try later. I did. Still 16007. This is really bullshit at this point.
At least I had some actual fun and finished Mafia1 (for the 8th time lol) while waiting for this crap to work...
Back to work for me I guess.
Thanks for nothing CiG!

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
Wow, 75 dollars extra for the Blue?

I was skeptical as hell at a 50% markup. 75% is frankly ridiculous for what you get, and give up, in comparison to the standard Black.

Am I crazy here? I feel like if you're charging more than a Sabre, equal price to a MIS, you should be getting a helluva lot more than some blinky lights, a QD, and some probably-still-useless-for-months cryo cells that eat 3/4ths of your cargo grid.

AccidentProne8

Space Marshal
Apr 12, 2015
RSI Handle
accidentproneeight

I was skeptical as hell at a 50% markup. 75% is frankly ridiculous for what you get, and give up, in comparison to the standard Black.

Am I crazy here? I feel like if you're charging more than a Sabre, equal price to a MIS, you should be getting a helluva lot more than some blinky lights, a QD, and some probably-still-useless-for-months cryo cells that eat 3/4ths of your cargo grid.
I posted as such on reddit and was linked to a Crewe post where he said it will be more maneuverable and faster, as well as being up-armored. It's just a bit glitchy right now, apparently.

AccidentProne8

Space Marshal
Apr 12, 2015
RSI Handle
accidentproneeight

Actually, hunted it down for you.

Here you go!

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
Daaaaaamn. I like this idea!

That old trailer was a beauty!
LMAO I remember when they published that trailer like a week before releasing the Cutlass Black into Arena Commander.

It was a shitshow. The Cutlass moved like the current Connie does. Top speed of like 150 m/s. The turret was literally non-existent (as you can see if you pause at 1:37 you can see the guns just floating in midair).

The ship was so buggy it would lag out Arena Commander matches and destroying it would lag the entire match so hard you had a 50/50 chance of crashing the match.

Everyone who had one assumed that it would be nimble and agile as supported by the trailer and some developer quotes (CR ver batim said "The Cutlass is a fighter with unparalleled maneuverability, not so much focused on cargo")

Suffice it to say it was interesting times for a Cutlass owner....and things haven't changed much it seems 🙄

Fastball

Admiral
Dec 7, 2018
RSI Handle
Fastball
I have a Red with a CCU to a Blue that I haven't applied yet. I'm debating ccuing the cutty to a Prospector and melting the blue ccu for credit. I'll still have two Dragonflys and a Herald to show my support for the little guy and get the medic fix with either an Apollo or Medi once that game play is figured out. Also why I'm holding off on a vulture until salvage.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I am sorry, but this is how you market a game, this is how you sell ships... what they did up there with the blue was a joke, that ships been on hold for how long? Don't tell me Covid19 put it on hold, they should have had that trailer done months ago.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE7TFnSl9y4
I agree the Cutlass Blue ad was middle school level. But I have a feeling it was a rushed job due to limited assets available due to continued work on SQ42, and all of the work that went into Invictus. While the patch was very unstable the art and level design was amazing as you went into the tram heading to the venue it felt like it was a real convention. While the halls themselves were rather empty and uninspiring the outside was exciting and I look forward to future iterations.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
LMAO I remember when they published that trailer like a week before releasing the Cutlass Black into Arena Commander.

It was a shitshow. The Cutlass moved like the current Connie does. Top speed of like 150 m/s. The turret was literally non-existent (as you can see if you pause at 1:37 you can see the guns just floating in midair).

The ship was so buggy it would lag out Arena Commander matches and destroying it would lag the entire match so hard you had a 50/50 chance of crashing the match.

Everyone who had one assumed that it would be nimble and agile as supported by the trailer and some developer quotes (CR ver batim said "The Cutlass is a fighter with unparalleled maneuverability, not so much focused on cargo")

Suffice it to say it was interesting times for a Cutlass owner....and things haven't changed much it seems 🙄
Good god do I remember this. The salt was so real! Hahhaa. Too funny.

• o7
Reactions: Phil and Talonsbane

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I am sorry, but this is how you market a game, this is how you sell ships... what they did up there with the blue was a joke, that ships been on hold for how long? Don't tell me Covid19 put it on hold, they should have had that trailer done months ago.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE7TFnSl9y4
I don't agree, that ad was not at all awesome and did not do anything at all to get me into Star Citizen and I doubt it it impressed anyone anywhere ever at all.

🤫 Yes that ad was ace with bags of style and totally got people interested, but it was made by CryTech who used it and the other examples of early ads as supporting evidence while trying to sue CIG! 🤫

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
Not sure I see the 75$ extra price tag over the Black but then again I could care less about quantum dampening or bounty hunting, if they are putting such a high value on this single aspect of the game it makes me wonder how over powered it might end up being. I was watching Hawk duels other day and the guy was like shutting down the other guys ship like every 20 seconds (or so it seemed it was prolly longer) with his EMP, like seriously if you can charge that thing two dozen times in a 1vs1 its extremely over powered imo, that would annoy the hell out of me. I know QT dampening and EMP are different.

Sometimes I think they hike the prices because they know piracy/bounty hunting is such a hyped profession and will sell simply because there are a million people who want to be pirates/police/BH's

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
This is whole sell-a-ship week is a shitshow. It started with the queuing ctd, then 16007, reset, then char creator hang, then 30K-s all the way, then it finally seemed to work for me for a couple of hours as long as I didn't try to do much apart from looking at the expo. Flying the rented ships? Nah, forget about it, maybe for 10 minutes max... Today I wanted to just take a look at the Drake stuff, maybe check out the blue in person, rent a Herald for the lols cos I like weird currently useless ships.

But nope. 16007, character data not synced.
Pretty much my feeling here, i connected successfully maybe 4-5 times since Invictus. Many issues, many resets...
So in the end i spent most of my time in the Pledge Store ^^ I bet this was their plan all along hehe.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?