Mech Suits BABY!

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
As soon as i get the chance the first thing ill be finding out is how high we can drop mechs, dragonflies and rovers out a moving ship!
Currently in PTU, we can drop dragonflies/noxes (nox's?) out of ships at full speed as soon as they hit atmo, and have a reasonable expectation of survival. Well, reasonable for TEST anyways :)

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Ever since Mechwarrior 2 and watching Gundam have I wanted to be the pilot of a highly advanced walking tank of doom. Perhaps SC will grant me a small glimpse of this yet again.
My first taste of Mech warfare was Heavy Gear. Then the Demo of Genome (could never find the full game anywhere) and then, my lord how much did I play Armored Core 2 on Playstation2? MechWarrior on the Original Xbox and Armored Core: Formula Front on PSP.

Havn't piloted a mech since beating Formula Front... Looking forward to personalising my machine, there were thousands of possible combinations in Armored Core 2 :)

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
Ever since Mechwarrior 2 and watching Gundam have I wanted to be the pilot of a highly advanced walking tank of doom. Perhaps SC will grant me a small glimpse of this yet again.
Add in the later VR support and we might finally have the mech fighting virtual reality experience that I've wanted since I was a kid.

EmpireRuled

Commander
Oct 16, 2017
RSI Handle
EmpireRuled
Honestly me and some of my pals got into this game for the ground based stuff aswell as flying ships, one of them doesn't even want to fly them at all but will be mega focused on fps and turrets to help. To me its never been a spaceship game its been a full on sci-fi game where battles happen in atmo on ground and in space.

It just adds to the opportunities to the game in my mind.
Agreed. Count me and my friends in as well.

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
Honestly me and some of my pals got into this game for the ground based stuff aswell as flying ships, one of them doesn't even want to fly them at all but will be mega focused on fps and turrets to help. To me its never been a spaceship game its been a full on sci-fi game where battles happen in atmo on ground and in space.

It just adds to the opportunities to the game in my mind.
It's the same for me. The addition of first person play was what made a backer out of me. It's not that I am specifically into FPS games. Quite the opposite. It's the possibilities that it provides. When I first saw the kickstarter, it was a ship avatar. That didn't interest me at all. It wasn't until the inclusion of the hangar module and the plans that followed that I joined up.

My hope ever since was a game that would fulfill multiple genres. I hope to see enough gameplay options to fulfill an exclusively fps player. I would love to see a player be able to have a full game experience without ever piloting a ship, just fps raids and ship crew. I want to see a farmville player be able to create a massive farm on some planet and have their entire game experience planetside. I want to see spies, political intrigue, a thriving criminal system, people that run cargo exclusively, and explorers that get lost for an entire month in some unknown corner of the universe.

I want to see all this, not just one part of it. I want to see a sandbox game that actually has content. 99% of all the current sandbox games are just a hollow shell that some developer just stamped the term "sandbox" on. As if simply describing it using that term was enough to give it content. Instead, we usually get some P2W regurgitation of the same exact game we have been playing since Everquest in 1999. Sure, they might have ONE thing that makes it different, but that's all you get. You get a gimmick that is slightly different on that one aspect.

Star Citizen is our (and CR's) opportunity to make something that is worth our time. So far it looks like it is shaping up to be what we have all been waiting for, what we though GW2, BDO, AA, Wildstar, SWtOR, and so many other games would be. Instead we got nothing but buggy hype and a credit card receipt. SC has already proven to be more than they ever were and it is only getting better. So when people say "feature creep", I say about time. It's about time that we got a game that wasn't just a hollow shell or a one-trick pony.

VFV

Grand Admiral
Nov 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Vfv
It's the same for me. The addition of first person play was what made a backer out of me. It's not that I am specifically into FPS games. Quite the opposite. It's the possibilities that it provides. When I first saw the kickstarter, it was a ship avatar. That didn't interest me at all. It wasn't until the inclusion of the hangar module and the plans that followed that I joined up.

My hope ever since was a game that would fulfill multiple genres. I hope to see enough gameplay options to fulfill an exclusively fps player. I would love to see a player be able to have a full game experience without ever piloting a ship, just fps raids and ship crew. I want to see a farmville player be able to create a massive farm on some planet and have their entire game experience planetside. I want to see spies, political intrigue, a thriving criminal system, people that run cargo exclusively, and explorers that get lost for an entire month in some unknown corner of the universe.

I want to see all this, not just one part of it. I want to see a sandbox game that actually has content. 99% of all the current sandbox games are just a hollow shell that some developer just stamped the term "sandbox" on. As if simply describing it using that term was enough to give it content. Instead, we usually get some P2W regurgitation of the same exact game we have been playing since Everquest in 1999. Sure, they might have ONE thing that makes it different, but that's all you get. You get a gimmick that is slightly different on that one aspect.

Star Citizen is our (and CR's) opportunity to make something that is worth our time. So far it looks like it is shaping up to be what we have all been waiting for, what we though GW2, BDO, AA, Wildstar, SWtOR, and so many other games would be. Instead we got nothing but buggy hype and a credit card receipt. SC has already proven to be more than they ever were and it is only getting better. So when people say "feature creep", I say about time. It's about time that we got a game that wasn't just a hollow shell or a one-trick pony.
Always welcome to hitch a ride if you ever need it! But I agree with what you said. I wanna experience most things the game has to offer

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika

TL;DR: Most sandbox games suck, except for SC and everquest.

Forgot your password?