Mercury Cult - Now on Live! Go Fly!

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
I am impressed. The high speed was known, but having 6 S3 guns instead of previous S2 and 1 plus missile size is a real boost to this ship. This was the weak point for me compared to the Connie, now it's closing the DPS gap a bit.
I agree. I still think that bringing an MSR to a gunfight is still not a super smart idea- it's quite a large target and with only 2xS2 shield generators isn't enough to make up for it's very pancakey overall shape.

But the MSR was never supposed to be a combat ship- it's got ample firepower with its good turret coverage and enough speed to try and run rather than slug it out.

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
ScreenShot1702.jpg

ScreenShot1735.jpg

ScreenShot1759.jpg

ScreenShot1718.jpg

Quick review:
  • 2 x S3 laser repeaters for the pilot! 🎉
  • Very agile
  • Very fast -- up to 1280 m/s
  • Very poor hydrogen mileage
  • Very good quantum mileage
  • Some minor issues, like sensor toggles do not work, light switch state broken, etc.; all should be fixed in the next few builds
Note: for some reason the best way to scoop / recover hydrogen is to reach the max speed and turn decoupled

Pro tips:
  • ladder is much faster than the lift
  • when you're afraid that somebody might board the ship when you're leaving, open a rear ramp, and once the "open" button stops blinking, hit it again and quickly jump off the ramp
  • when you want to airlift cyclone and load some cargo at the same time, park the vehicle close to the rear ramp; otherwise the car would end... boxed.

Attachments

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
Ladies and Gents.. Get your hands on one to check out as soon as you are able. I've been flying and showing it off tonight - right now, I'd live it it. RL I'd sell everything and just move in.

As noted, it's been upsized and upgunned a bit from concept. 4 size 2 and 2 size 3 missiles, on what seem like normal interchangeable racks. Size 3 repeaters all around. Comes with Industrial components but seems to run good on a stealth A fit. With some of the new UI systems in place and the design lessons learned over the years, this ship is worth the hype.

And it flies like a heavy fighter. Not like a fat-ass freighter that can't apply it's firepower.

Last edited:

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
A question for those who have tryied it already: if you lock a door can a player that is NOT part of your party unlock it or open it? Is this management aspect already implemented?
That whould be an important aspect for the ship security and management...

Sayora

Grand Admiral
Donor
Oct 23, 2018
RSI Handle
Sayora
I have a feeling today (Friday) is going to be one of the best days ever for me! My new video card is arriving (finally completing my build) and I have a good feeling the MSR will be opened up to the owners at least, today as well.

From what I have seen on video's I am honestly falling in love again (sorry Hubby.. it's hard to compete...)
the ship not to worry about.jpg

Last edited:

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
The MSR specs tells me two things.
The Connie and Vanguard turrets need to be size 3 guns.
The Connie Retaliator and Vanguard need their speed and agility increased.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I'm still highly annoyed I cant play with it yet
Think of it as CIGs way of giving some love to the youtubers. It gives them something to show us before we get hold of it. I don't have a problem with waiting a few more days and the youtubers are getting thousands of views and some dollar to live on. Win win.

Smithory

Grand Admiral
Donor
Aug 24, 2019
RSI Handle
Sm1tty
Think of it as CIGs way of giving some love to the youtubers. It gives them something to show us before we get hold of it. I don't have a problem with waiting a few more days and the youtubers are getting thousands of views and some dollar to live on. Win win.
it's not a win win.

if it's good enough for tubers, it's good enough for owners.

Slagg

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 17, 2018
RSI Handle
Slagg
No MSR with today's patch. 😑 The buzz I am hearing is that the MSR will be rentable tomorrow from the Expo and Owners should have access to theirs Sunday. Can anyone confirm?

Reactions: Blind Owl
Forgot your password?