Mercury Cult - Now on Live! Go Fly!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Why get more than 1 ship of the same type? You can only fly one at a time?
I for one crash so quickly I need more than one for the insurance claim timers. While I'm flying one, one is being claimed. I should have three really, so one is being flown, one is stored and one is being claimed 🙂

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
This, really. The game area is going to be huge, and especially if you have a favorite ship, being able to use them in different places makes a lot of sense. A classic example would be a Titan in every system, for it's efficiency doing missions, and an MSR for traveling.

It's a choice, really, as some few will doggedly go about in one ship. There will be a lot of effort required to move the number of ships some of us own; it can be simpler to stage duplicates where they are useful.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
This, really. The game area is going to be huge, and especially if you have a favorite ship, being able to use them in different places makes a lot of sense. A classic example would be a Titan in every system, for it's efficiency doing missions, and an MSR for traveling.

It's a choice, really, as some few will doggedly go about in one ship. There will be a lot of effort required to move the number of ships some of us own; it can be simpler to stage duplicates where they are useful.
I can just see one traveling in their MSR dock at a station accept a mission that would be perfect for the Titan and then realize its now hours away.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder

To add to this, a 'Daily Driver' needs to be a ship you can go inside a thousand times and still feel good about each time you visit it. It needs to be versatile, able to travel a fair distance, and not require a huge crew. The MSR like the Cutlass can be flown solo with only the weapons really suffering .

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
I can just see one traveling in their MSR dock at a station accept a mission that would be perfect for the Titan and then realize its now hours away.
Ever play EvE Online? It was easy to have many ships, but even with the 'clone jumping' mechanic in place it was a constant game of shuffling what you wanted/needed to be in a certain place. It was much easier to keep several copies of commonly used utility ships, especially things like the stealth cargo transports, Force Recon and interceptors.

EvE has 7000+ systems compared to SC's advertised number (125?) but the game mechanics for travel in SC ensure that moving around will not be a trivial task.

Honestly, it's a strong argument for just living in one ship, such as an MSR. Not that any of us here would accept that limitation :)

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Ever play EvE Online? It was easy to have many ships, but even with the 'clone jumping' mechanic in place it was a constant game of shuffling what you wanted/needed to be in a certain place. It was much easier to keep several copies of commonly used utility ships, especially things like the stealth cargo transports, Force Recon and interceptors.

EvE has 7000+ systems compared to SC's advertised number (125?) but the game mechanics for travel in SC ensure that moving around will not be a trivial task.

Honestly, it's a strong argument for just living in one ship, such as an MSR. Not that any of us here would accept that limitation :)
I played a long time ago. Had to do a clean up of disparate shuttles every once in a while.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza

Either one ship or living around one system. As for playing EvE, it was my go to game for a number of years since beta.

Forgot your password?