My Experience with ADI, Atlas Defense Industries.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
try to get TEST kicked out of the booth?
What now?

I have been trying for weeks to get us out of having a booth!

I said "Xyloh, for fucks sake we do not want a booth! Give our space to some lesser, more shitty cult-like org!"

Xyloh said "No, you are by far the shittiest and most cultish org and we need you to make the other orgs look good!"

This is our burden gentlemen, we do this for the good of the community!

GrumpyCat

Space Marshal
Dec 17, 2014
RSI Handle
SofiyaPavlovena
I JUST had this conversation in TEST chat, and everyone seemed to be cool with this craziness?!!!?!

Scene:

I watched Noobifiers recent video about the flight model, and he mentioned something about Legatus++. Reddit did not have an answer about what he was talking about, so I joined their discord and asked directly. This is what happened:

1571921873063.png

Like WTF people. Your first instinct is to start googling around and being creepy to any and all who show their face in front of you. This whole META bullshit is disgusting, its a fucking game.

Everyone is condemning this org, but honestly I see the same type of practices everywhere and where is the line between creepy/invasive as hell and verifying your RSI account. Like come on.

Sorry im a little triggered, because I get PM's sometimes from 'well meaning nice people' who will be like, "Oh I see you are on X site I like this too" and stuff.. and its like wow.. im totally not wigged out that you are researching me instead of just talking to me.

Last edited:

SpudNyk

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 19, 2016
RSI Handle
spudnyk
First why would he post that profile I just don't see how it added to the conversation at all.

Second posting the amount paid seems weird, I don't think CIG should add stuff beyond Legatus, I think it would just look bad.

Reactions: Deroth

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
I JUST had this conversation in TEST chat, and everyone seemed to be cool with this craziness?!!!?!

Scene:

I watched Noobifiers recent video about the flight model, and he mentioned something about Legatus++. Reddit did not have an answer about what he was talking about, so I joined their discord and asked directly. This is what happened:

View attachment 14138

Like WTF people. Your first instinct is to start googling around and being creepy to any and all who show their face in front of you. This whole META bullshit is disgusting, its a fucking game.

Everyone is condemning this org, but honestly I see the same type of practices everywhere and where is the line between creepy/invasive as hell and verifying your RSI account. Like come on.

Sorry im a little triggered, because I get PM's sometimes from 'well meaning nice people' who will be like, "Oh I see you are on X site I like this too" and stuff.. and its like wow.. im not totally wigged out that you are researching me instead of just talking to me.
Nope, they're well past creepy/invasive and their GPS just announced they're about to enter Stalker County.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
The answer to your actual question is Praetorian rank, check your CIG email, its explained in there.

The answer to your concern, that noobifier did a search for your name? Im not sure why he would feel a need to search for you, but anything we post publicly is searchable, and people love to google!

If anybody here is really concerned about their privacy, do not post or share information you do not want to be found.

Some people do not care and have a very public facing private life on social media, others want to be more private. These ones need to minimize their internet footprint. This includes not sharing your linkedin information with ADI when they demand you hand over your social media data to join a group playing with internet spaceships.

GrumpyCat

Space Marshal
Dec 17, 2014
RSI Handle
SofiyaPavlovena
The answer to your actual question is Praetorian rank, check your CIG email, its explained in there.

The answer to your concern, that noobifier did a search for your name? Im not sure why he would feel a need to search for you, but anything we post publicly is searchable, and people love to google!

If anybody here is really concerned about their privacy, do not post or share information you do not want to be found.

Some people do not care and have a very public facing private life on social media, others want to be more private. These ones need to minimize their internet footprint. This includes not sharing your linkedin information with ADI when they demand you hand over your social media data to join a group playing with internet spaceships.
It's not that I dont understand that, I do, but I feel thats the kind of hand wavium that allows the behavior of Orgs like this to flourish. We shouldn't normalize this kind of stuff.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
ADI is not the first org to try leverage personal information this way, there are plenty others. This does not make it right.

Your private information is NEVER required by TEST, nor should it be shared with any org for the sake of joining or participating in Star Citizen.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
the kind of hand wavium that allows the behavior of Orgs like this to flourish.
Ill tell you what I have told other org leaders, and that is we can try lead by example on this, but there is no way to stop it from happening.

There are many orgs I know that take infosec very seriously to the point of having entire dossiers built on people. I know for a fact that orgs like ADI have entire folders of information about me and my life. Nothing much we can do about that.

Thugari

Space Marshal
Mar 11, 2016
RSI Handle
Thugari
too much invasive drama, glad i passed up that org. They wouldn't like me anyway, my mouth would get em in a lot of trouble. I always say what i feel, how i feel and don't care who i step on or any egos or feelings i bruise, as i truly mean what i say.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
I'm a bad player (not terrible, but not great either), so if I am reading this right, there would not even let me fly my own ships....

Wow..talk about control freaks. Test is best...

• Glorious

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant
Oh, I like drama. I want to add my 2 cents. Ill start off by saying @GrumpyCat , I don't like the noobifier for a few reasons. I dont think theres anyone prominent in the SC community I dislike more than him (which in reality isnt saying much, im sure hes not a bad person or anything). I wont go into why, as its not important and I dont need to talk about him behind his back.

As for ADI, I too will play devils advocate for their org members. Some people really like being in a strict command structure in an org (im sure there are also legitimate concerns, but thats to be handled in their org, not ours imo). It lets people feel more accomplished, more purposeful and more cohesive. I have a friend right now that plays the original everquest, currently on the classic servers who gets phone calls at all hours of the day, a batphone he calls it, just to form up for a raid. He will ask to get off work early and not go into work on weekends sometimes when he probably should. Some people really enjoy that level of structure and dedication. If up front they lay out that they require your facebook AND linkedin you should by your own accord understand what you are getting into. I would never give my linkedin account out to a gaming organization for membership purposes. I have linked it a few times for other reasons, but for an org to require it is a hard "nope" for me and I wouldn't have joined. The OP could have just not said anything at all instead of bringing his drama to our org. The purpose was what really? Was he trying to get ahead of allegations that we wouldnt really care about in the first place? It strikes me as pretty shady. I appreciate trying to warn others about the leadership of ADI, but theyre not here to tell their side of the story as others have said. I dont know what its like to run an org, maybe it takes being an absolute dick to keep that type of org in line. Thats why theyre ADI and were TEST. People have the freedom to move from one org to another. As for making real money off of trading / renting ships, its not our responsibility to look into it or assume anything. IMO OP should have sent his concerns to CIG, not TEST, as ive never heard of anyone here using it, much less even mention it.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
The OP could have just not said anything at all instead of bringing his drama to our org. The purpose was what really?
I guess I can share a little more info that will clarify this matter.

Over the years I regularly get approached by ex ADI, and I asked the same question: "Why are you coming to me with this?"

ADI needs a big bad guy in their lives, and I am the obvious choice!

The reason he and others before him reach out to me is because ADI openly boast about having set a private investigator (IRL detective LEO) on me to look into my personal life.

Some ADI members love this level of intrusion.

A silent majority of ADI members find it uncomfortable and a thinly veiled threat against them should they ever turn their backs on their org.

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant
I guess I can share a little more info that will clarify this matter.

Over the years I regularly get approached by ex ADI, and I asked the same question: "Why are you coming to me with this?"

ADI needs a big bad guy in their lives, and I am the obvious choice!

The reason he and others before him reach out to me is because ADI openly boast about having set a private investigator (IRL detective LEO) on me to look into my personal life.

Some ADI members love this level of intrusion.

A silent majority of ADI members find it uncomfortable and a thinly veiled threat against them should they ever turn their backs on their org.

That's unfortunate. When I went to the Falcon Heavy launch last year I spent my time with a member from ADI irl, pretty cool dude. I forget who it was but if this gets back to him im sure he remembers who I am. I don't know what they are trying to accomplish by looking into you or our members. Why a PI (if thats even true) would spend the time doing such things is beyond me. Blackmail? Extortion? They can't be that stupid as to think we don't have our own resources. Escalation is just stupid, its a video game. Play the video game.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
What now?

I have been trying for weeks to get us out of having a booth!

I said "Xyloh, for fucks sake we do not want a booth! Give our space to some lesser, more shitty cult-like org!"

Xyloh said "No, you are by far the shittiest and most cultish org and we need you to make the other orgs look good!"

This is our burden gentlemen, we do this for the good of the community!
For the GLORY of TEST!

In a race to the bottom we are leagues ahead of the rest!

Forgot your password?