Nautilus brochure and related data

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Release is "SOON", there was absolutely no mention of SQ42. Concepting the ship took place from February until June. It is about 90% complete as they are currently working on lighting passes inside the ship, which means its almost completely done according to the vehicle pipeline and its director.
Thanks for the interesting info - are mines just going to be for the Ageist Naughtylegs or are there going to be smaller versions for ships like my 350R? I'd like to be able to drop a couple of eggs while running away from people.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Thanks for the interesting info - are mines just going to be for the Ageist Naughtylegs or are there going to be smaller versions for ships like my 350R? I'd like to be able to drop a couple of eggs while running away from people.
As far as we know, the Nautilus is the only ship having to deal directly with mines.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Of the presentation, probably when they showed the technical interiors of the 3 levels which gave the ship proper scale. That and the 2 types of mines + drone.
That does sound really awesome.

Now I'm tempted to get 1 in game just to name it "Underage Beermaiden" that instead of mines, I'd have mine deploy full kegs of beer for you wild & wacky TESTies to search out & enjoy Packman style, but in 3D space. ("Underage" because of the word "Ageist" & "Beermaiden" for the "Naughtylegs" running around stashing beer in a sort of adult Easter Egg hunt.)

at-2500

Vice Admiral
Donor
Aug 24, 2018
RSI Handle
at2500
That does sound really awesome.

Now I'm tempted to get 1 in game just to name it "Underage Beermaiden" that instead of mines, I'd have mine deploy full kegs of beer for you wild & wacky TESTies to search out & enjoy Packman style, but in 3D space. ("Underage" because of the word "Ageist" & "Beermaiden" for the "Naughtylegs" running around stashing beer in a sort of adult Easter Egg hunt.)
Being German and a testie, I don't understand why you'd have to be an adult to play a beer drinking game...

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
No clue your guess is as good as anyone else. This revel was not for citizencon it was a special event for Concierge members in Germany at an Aegis sponsored gala.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
No clue your guess is as good as anyone else. This revel was not for citizencon it was a special event for Concierge members in Germany at an Aegis sponsored gala.
I was expecting the ship plush from the Citizen Con digital goodies packto be revealed when this was, but it hasn't been. Either the attendees will vote for which plush they want and it will be made at the Convention as with the glowyknife from 2948, or there is a new ship awaiting a reveal...

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I was expecting the ship plush from the Citizen Con digital goodies packto be revealed when this was, but it hasn't been. Either the attendees will vote for which plush they want and it will be made at the Convention as with the glowyknife from 2948, or there is a new ship awaiting a reveal...
I'm probably wrong, but given the timing of things, I get the gut feeling that 1 of the ships that will be revealed during the anniversary sale / CitizenCon might be the long awaited Pisces snub ship that comes with the Carrack. It might even be ready for flight in game to be used with the arrival of the Carrack. This being said, I would imagine that an adorable Pisces plushie might be a possibility.

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
Its interesting, the only thing I think is weird is the whole point of mines is remote weopons, but this thing has a higher crew than the hammerhead. Its the same cost as the hammerhead and I think it has more flexibility but that's mainly because combat still sucks and that therefore includes the hammerhead. I think I would ccu but no 0$ CCU.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Its interesting, the only thing I think is weird is the whole point of mines is remote weopons, but this thing has a higher crew than the hammerhead. Its the same cost as the hammerhead and I think it has more flexibility but that's mainly because combat still sucks and that therefore includes the hammerhead. I think I would ccu but no 0$ CCU.
This new Nautilus is not really a combat ship. The devs put emphasis on the fact this ship is a "Lone Wolf" ship when it comes to gameplay. Its a little late to lay down some mines if you are already in combat. Good thing it has a ton of armor though!

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
Hmm what I meant is it seems to be a very good guard ship as in guard that other ship doing something. The value in this ship would seem to be to make someone change their mind about attacking. This is assuming the drones "punch above their weight", i.e. are worth using. The problem with drones generally is they are location specific so you cannot hunt with them or this ship (in general terms). Can the drones be recovered or are they one execution only? If so the cost to use could be prohibitive (Clearly a drone that is a torperdo equivalent that has exploded cannot be recovered).

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Hmm what I meant is it seems to be a very good guard ship as in guard that other ship doing something. The value in this ship would seem to be to make someone change their mind about attacking. This is assuming the drones "punch above their weight", i.e. are worth using. The problem with drones generally is they are location specific so you cannot hunt with them or this ship (in general terms). Can the drones be recovered or are they one execution only? If so the cost to use could be prohibitive (Clearly a drone that is a torperdo equivalent that has exploded cannot be recovered).
The drones for the Nautilus are strictly used for slicing/hacking and recovering enemy/friendly mines that have already been laid. The drones are recoverable. The drones are not considered a mine and are thus not in any fashion, similar to a torpedo. The explosive mine, however is equivalent to a S5 torpedo. Both the drones and the two types of mines are going to be quite expensive to replace as this is not a poor man's ship (in case you havent seen the price tag already).

Forgot your password?