Dec 11, 2016
RSI Handle
macFionnlagh
Same stats as the Caterpillar
View attachment 5294

I used:
- 2x fixed Panthers
- 1x M6A and 2x M3A
and I had a capable companion, also SH. I only lost 2 ships, one due to a collision with my companion.
The SH is the discerning gentleman's dickslap to the faces of rivals.

Takes a load of punishment but remains in one piece, pauses and after a discreet, aristocratic cough from the butler it turns on it's axis and explodes the attacker effortlessly.

I love it very much.

MikeNificent

Space Marshal
Sep 24, 2016
RSI Handle
MikeNificent
I beat it today in my F7CM with another SH and a Wildfire. The other SH was blasting people with the shotguns.
My loadout is:

3 x Fixed Panther CF-227
2 x Fixed Badger CF-117

My pips are a little offset on group 2 with the 2 x 117 and 2 x 227, but on the bigger ships, I get in close enough to hold down both mouse buttons and unload all 5 repeaters at once. When I'm closing and shooting, I just use the 2 x 227s on the wings.

The guy with the shotguns got 1st place with me in a close 2nd. I tried them out on the Sabre and I was underwhelmed. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.
ScreenShot0000.jpg

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I beat it today in my F7CM with another SH and a Wildfire. The other SH was blasting people with the shotguns.
My loadout is:

3 x Fixed Panther CF-227
2 x Fixed Badger CF-117

My pips are a little offset on group 2 with the 2 x 117 and 2 x 227, but on the bigger ships, I get in close enough to hold down both mouse buttons and unload all 5 repeaters at once. When I'm closing and shooting, I just use the 2 x 227s on the wings.

The guy with the shotguns got 1st place with me in a close 2nd. I tried them out on the Sabre and I was underwhelmed. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.
Before or after my post?
View attachment 5293

And they are gone :worried:
If after my post, then I can only get one Pirate Caterpillar. That doesn't mean that I can't help other people to get theirs :smile:

MikeNificent

Space Marshal
Sep 24, 2016
RSI Handle
MikeNificent
Before or after my post?

If after my post, then I can only get one Pirate Caterpillar. That doesn't mean that I can't help other people to get theirs :smile:
Not sure if it was before or after. I switched to that load out a few days ago when I realized 2.6 neutered my 3 x fixed broadsword, 2 x Tarantula 870 build.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Not sure if it was before or after. I switched to that load out a few days ago when I realized 2.6 neutered my 3 x fixed broadsword, 2 x Tarantula 870 build.
My first fight in PS was with 3 fixed broadswords and a Revenant. Luckily my companions got rid of the M50s and Gladius, the broadswords really are too slow for them, but against Vanguards and Cutlasses this setup worked just fine, it earned me my Pirate Caterpillar CCU.

MikeNificent

Space Marshal
Sep 24, 2016
RSI Handle
MikeNificent
My first fight in PS was with 3 fixed broadswords and a Revenant. Luckily my companions got rid of the M50s and Gladius, the broadswords really are too slow for them, but against Vanguards and Cutlasses this setup worked just fine, it earned me my Pirate Caterpillar CCU.
I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that your leetness exceeds mine. I'm not a great pilot and I had a harder time keeping rounds on target in 2.6 than 2.5. More skill and practice might get me to the point where I can compete with ballistics again. Until then, it's more pew pew pew and less boom boom for me.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that your leetness exceeds mine. I'm not a great pilot and I had a harder time keeping rounds on target in 2.6 than 2.5. More skill and practice might get me to the point where I can compete with ballistics again.
I also don't have a good aim and like the repeaters more then ballistics. My 2nd successful run was with Panthers and a M6A :grin:

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I'm doing this public. Hmmm, I just noticed that the Pirate Caterpillar is the unlock price. I better pickup an upgrade from Caterpillar to Pirate Caterpillar, just in case it is limited or somebody wants to have one. @Blind Owl, interested in a Pirate Caterpillar CCU?

[EDIT] Yeap, limited, only 1 CCU available. Now I must try it again, but this time with (for me) better weapons.
Yes! Please. Is it still available?

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Forgot your password?