Please don't like my thread-campaign

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
sounds like a job for TWRL
There we go, logged in the TWRL list of Things To Do that we may or may not actually get round to doing at some point or something:

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Better be quick in drinking or else @Blind Owl and myself might have to come in and drink for yo lol!
Lol, what drinks? *Burps*
Been trying to sleep for the past 4 hours. Gotta be up in 2 for work. Maybe I'll hit Starbucks and get some espresso in my drink...
I freaking hate insomnia nights. The worst

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
insomnia is just your body's way of saying you don't need to waste time sleeping when there is so much drinking to do and Altered Carbon to watch.
Amen to that! How you like the new season? I'm enjoying it but it feels a bit flat compared to the first. I'm halfway in ep4. Might be just that it's the middle of the season and they try to stretch it out.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Amen to that! How you like the new season? I'm enjoying it but it feels a bit flat compared to the first. I'm halfway in ep4. Might be just that it's the middle of the season and they try to stretch it out.
I have not started yet. The joys of kids and a wife who doesn't like violence in programs she watches. Hopefully, I can use some of my sleeping time to watch a few episodes this weekend.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Altered Carbon to watch
Shit! There's a new season already? I loved that show! And it had nothing to do with seeing Dichen Lachman naked. Nope. Totally not...

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
I have not started yet. The joys of kids and a wife who doesn't like violence in programs she watches. Hopefully, I can use some of my sleeping time to watch a few episodes this weekend.
Haha, I know what you mean. I did my 11pm-03am routine to watch 4-4 episodes. Working while watching. Not much work got done though, I got stuck watching lol.
Just as I was thinking it was getting flat, it got good again! They turned the uninteresting character and story line (at least it was for me) into something really important and cool, so I got no complaints really. The ending is kinda neat also, worth watching!
Both seasons are finally dubbed so I might be able to persuade the wife to watch it so we have something other to talk about than diapers and feeding schedules...
(Realization I came to today: it's not just life that's always greener on the other side lol )

Shit! There's a new season already? I loved that show! And it had nothing to do with seeing Dichen Lachman naked. Nope. Totally not...
Yep! New season. Sadly it's shorter, only 8 episodes. Yeah, me neither...hahaha

When the 2nd season dropped I tapped "play" and started up an episode as it should. About 15 minutes in, I got the slightest feeling that something wasn't right. It wasn't the new main character on screen, it was still the guy from s01. So I tapped the screen again to see what was I watching. I thought it might be a recap of s01 or something... Nope, it was the middle of s01e02 lol
I might just rewatch s01 all together, it's pretty damn good!
I hope it gets a good third season too, things are just getting interesting! It feels a bit like the Expanse in a sense. Starts off small scale, and... expands, into something much larger. Or at least it has the potential.

Any of you watched the Expanse 4th season (the one made by Amazon)? Is it any good? I heard somewhere (probably in another thread here) that it got boring, and I'm not sure I wanna commit so much sleep time if it's not worth it!
Then there is Better Call Saul... I'm at least 2 seasons behind on that... So many good shows, so little time.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
insomnia is just your body's way of saying you don't need to waste time sleeping when there is so much drinking to do and Altered Carbon to watch.
Haha, sounds like advice I can take.
Haha, I know what you mean. I did my 11pm-03am routine to watch 4-4 episodes. Working while watching. Not much work got done though, I got stuck watching lol.
Just as I was thinking it was getting flat, it got good again! They turned the uninteresting character and story line (at least it was for me) into something really important and cool, so I got no complaints really. The ending is kinda neat also, worth watching!
Both seasons are finally dubbed so I might be able to persuade the wife to watch it so we have something other to talk about than diapers and feeding schedules...
(Realization I came to today: it's not just life that's always greener on the other side lol )

Yep! New season. Sadly it's shorter, only 8 episodes. Yeah, me neither...hahaha

When the 2nd season dropped I tapped "play" and started up an episode as it should. About 15 minutes in, I got the slightest feeling that something wasn't right. It wasn't the new main character on screen, it was still the guy from s01. So I tapped the screen again to see what was I watching. I thought it might be a recap of s01 or something... Nope, it was the middle of s01e02 lol
I might just rewatch s01 all together, it's pretty damn good!
I hope it gets a good third season too, things are just getting interesting! It feels a bit like the Expanse in a sense. Starts off small scale, and... expands, into something much larger. Or at least it has the potential.
I just watched the first episode of season 2 last night. It was pretty awesome. Must say I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Haha, sounds like advice I can take.

I just watched the first episode of season 2 last night. It was pretty awesome. Must say I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.
It's gonna get better! And then types off a bit then packs up again, as is usual with these shows.

Wanna know a bunch of almost absolutely useless stuff?

Takeshi Kovacs is the most hilarious name for me, ever!
It's such a strange marriage of two common names from very far away parts of the world.

Kovacs (correctly Kovács with the long aaaah) means Smith. It used to be one of the most common Hungarian names. I was surprised by how correctly it was pronounced, even perfectly in some scenes.

The name Stephen Smith, like the kid in American Dad, is the most common Hungarian male name. Stephen is István (yes like the system in 40K Horus Heresy, also our bestest king and a saint), and in it's short form which is Pisti for some reason, is the definitive name we say when we speak in general terms about "some guy" or especially a young boy. So like when you wanna talk shit about someone being dumb just in general without knowing the name, you say "yeah I bet it was that Kovács Pisti (Smith Steve) from the second floor".

Tldr.: language is weird and names are strange lol

Also, sci-fi writers love using Hungarian names or even the language as alien /future stuff.
Most famous example that comes to mind is Edward James Olmos telling Rick to go with him while he's trying to grab a bite, in Blade Runner.
View: https://youtu.be/BIQ9rsLnjXE

The translation by the shop owner is very different to what he actually says.

First he asks him to go with him, starting off with " hey, kurva" which is kinda equivalent to "hey bitch" (kurva means hooker, actually). Then proceeds to ask politely as he puts a bitte at the end which is actually German... if spoken by a native speaker, it could sound almost sarcastic with the " please" at the end.

Second he goes "Lófasz, nehogymá, te vagy a bladerunner?" which literally translates to
"Horsecock (very rude), no way (in slang style, disrespectful), you're the bladerunner?"

In the original Hungarian it gives a different tone to their interaction, as it shows a much higher level of disrespect on part of Olmos towards Indy. The in-scene translation makes it feel like a more respectful but forceful demand by an angry Olmos instead.
It's kinda weird any way I look at it lol

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
It's gonna get better! And then types off a bit then packs up again, as is usual with these shows.

Wanna know a bunch of almost absolutely useless stuff?

Takeshi Kovacs is the most hilarious name for me, ever!
It's such a strange marriage of two common names from very far away parts of the world.

Kovacs (correctly Kovács with the long aaaah) means Smith. It used to be one of the most common Hungarian names. I was surprised by how correctly it was pronounced, even perfectly in some scenes.

The name Stephen Smith, like the kid in American Dad, is the most common Hungarian male name. Stephen is István (yes like the system in 40K Horus Heresy, also our bestest king and a saint), and in it's short form which is Pisti for some reason, is the definitive name we say when we speak in general terms about "some guy" or especially a young boy. So like when you wanna talk shit about someone being dumb just in general without knowing the name, you say "yeah I bet it was that Kovács Pisti (Smith Steve) from the second floor".

Tldr.: language is weird and names are strange lol

Also, sci-fi writers love using Hungarian names or even the language as alien /future stuff.
Most famous example that comes to mind is Edward James Olmos telling Rick to go with him while he's trying to grab a bite, in Blade Runner.
View: https://youtu.be/BIQ9rsLnjXE

The translation by the shop owner is very different to what he actually says.

First he asks him to go with him, starting off with " hey, kurva" which is kinda equivalent to "hey bitch" (kurva means hooker, actually). Then proceeds to ask politely as he puts a bitte at the end which is actually German... if spoken by a native speaker, it could sound almost sarcastic with the " please" at the end.

Second he goes "Lófasz, nehogymá, te vagy a bladerunner?" which literally translates to
"Horsecock (very rude), no way (in slang style, disrespectful), you're the bladerunner?"

In the original Hungarian it gives a different tone to their interaction, as it shows a much higher level of disrespect on part of Olmos towards Indy. The in-scene translation makes it feel like a more respectful but forceful demand by an angry Olmos instead.
It's kinda weird any way I look at it lol
This is freaking hilarious and awesome. Ha. Thank you

Irishnutcase

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Irishnutcase
Did Monday run out of tables to flip?
No I was just super busy on monday.
Hump day! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
No I was just super busy on monday.
Hump day! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
hump day flips 🤔

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Forgot your password?