[POLL] Aurora TEST fleet research&examination

Number of Aurora/s in my hangar:

• 0, zip, zero - moar money for beer 'n stuff

• 1 Aurora...my preciousssss

• 2-3 Auroras...because I don't trust LTI

• 3-5 Auroras...hey, its a multiplayer game, right?

• 5+ Auroras...someone has to fill up the gap of the missing 11k Auroras...

• Favourite/Owned Aurora: ES - Starter Edition/Exploration

• Favourite/Owned Aurora: MR - Interdiction

• Favourite/Owned Aurora: CL - Mercantile

• Favourite/Owned Aurora: LN - Militia/Patrol

• Favourite/Owned Aurora: LX - Exploration/light Mercantile

Results are only viewable after voting.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
The avenger has been nerfed - it is very sluggish in terms of pitch yaw and roll compared to how it used to be in 2.5.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
The avenger has been nerfed - it is very sluggish in terms of pitch yaw and roll compared to how it used to be in 2.5.
Yup, it is sluggish and when going into dogfight, its speed is gone. Since I own a Warlock, not an Avenger, all weapons, Tigerstreik and Badgers are grouped in one weapon group, which means that I always must search for ballistics. Maybe I should look for a pair of S2 slower guns to replace the Badgers, with its pip closer to the Tigerstreik.

[EDIT] I found the perfect match, SW16BR2 “SAWBUCK”. Now I can concentrate on one pip and worry even more about ballistics :grin:

Last edited:
Reactions: Blind Owl

Callahad

Captain
Aug 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Gavin6115
how do you do that dps calculator wizardry? am I missing something?

This is my flight experience, very subjective and influenced by my flight style:

Guns: the LN has 2x S2 and 2x S1 which is nice for a light fighter. The Avenger has 2x S2 and 1x S3 Tigerstreik which is comparable to the Avenger, but the tigerstreik gives the Avenger an edge.
With the DPS calculator:
- LN 2x Badger, 2x Longsword = DPS 832
- Avenger 2x Badger, 1x Tigerstreik = DPS 1093

Flight: The LN has low speed, low turning rates but this feel equal. The Avenger has higher speed and better turning rates, but it feels like the speed and mass are unbalanced. If you make a 180, then the ship will keep flying backwards for a longer time, forcing you to boost and use afterburner more to reverse speed. This makes flying the LN easier than the Avenger, but when you learn to handle the Avenger, the Avenger is more deadly.

Shields and armor are irrelevant for my flight style. Since the LN and Avenger both are light fighters, they both can't depend on shields and armor to survive a fight. The shields are a good indication against energy weapons, if the shields are going down, then it is too hot under your feet, better retreat and engage again in a better position.
Ballistics don't indicate, they do damage, but the same principle. If you are taking damage while chasing a target in dogfight, then someone is chasing you too. Either your target outturns you or other enemies are targeting you. Finish of your target faster or retreat and engage again from a better position.

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
I have the LX and the LN in my hangar. I use the LN quite a-bit now in VS, thanks to marcsand2's input in other threads.
I've fallen in love with that little shit of a ship. Yeah she's not the best looker. But like an ugly old dog, treat her right, and she'll be faithful to the end.

And that fine Corithian leather seat? Luxury at it's finest.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I have an MR, LX and an LN with the dread pirate skin. I keep all my Auroras in a Selfland hangar. I like jumping into a dogfight with the LN, firing off all the missiles and pea shooters at whatever passes in front of me, and jumping out again! This is good practice for how I intend to operate when the game drops. The motto of my company is "Quod Tenebam et Fugit Semper", which means "Always Ready to Scream and Run Away"(Thanks, Google Translate:tm:)
You never cease to make me laugh like an idiot.

Thank you

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
I have had many auroras during my time in SC. I almost went aurora-less after this anniversary sale, but ended up picking up a replacement LN to preserve my aurora ownership. The whole 15 minutes I went without an aurora just felt... wrong. Besides, how would it feel to show up to the inaugural sun-blotting event without an aurora?! "Hey guys, It's time to blot out the sun again. Oh, you all brought auroras? Don't mind my huge Carrack. Dur, hur..."

See, that just sounds pretentious. Hence, my aurora LN. Turns out it's pretty damn fun to bomb around in too.

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
I have an Aurora MR, part of a starter pack that I won from WTFO on stream.
It is unmeltable, so I'll have it forever. <3

EDIT: unless I'll upgrade it to the much less useless Dragonfly.

Reactions: Blind Owl
Forgot your password?