Predictions for the 'Game Changing' Ship?

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
A tidbit from the most recent Bensday shamelessly stolen from Reddit:

Game Changer could very well be a Consolidated Outlands Construction Ship, though I'm not sure if Space Elon Musk would sell that - unless Outpost/Space-Station construction has been a very exclusive industry in the lore.
Kinda sorta confirms the game changer is a constructor. YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS!

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01

Kinda sorta confirms the game changer is a constructor. YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS!
Make it so, another Consolidated Outland ship, I am in.....my Mustangs need a big brother!

Show Silas's toy company some love.

'Gimp

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Thing is, what would it construct? Would it be a repair ship like the Crucible, or something that only builds ships? If it builds ships...well, that's a whole new ballgame and it sorta changes what I thought the economy would look like where only NPC companies made ships.

Hmm, I wonder if they would allow modification of ship designs, etc....Kerbal Star Citizen Program...

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Thing is, what would it construct? Would it be a repair ship like the Crucible, or something that only builds ships? If it builds ships...well, that's a whole new ballgame and it sorta changes what I thought the economy would look like where only NPC companies made ships.

Hmm, I wonder if they would allow modification of ship designs, etc....Kerbal Star Citizen Program...
You can build ships, but only out of Lego.

Optionally you can replace Lego with empty beer bottles and cans.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder

Outposts. They've shown the pieces of them in an ATV.

JackAvalon

Space Marshal
Nov 26, 2015
RSI Handle
Jack_Avalon

I think you may be right but CIG is gonna need to change the current style for CO (Consolidated Outland). CO right now looks very cool but functionally it kind of sucks. Very flimsy parts and don't get me started on the "landing struts". If CO were to have an industrial ship that fulfills the role of a constuction ship, then it had better be something that is rugged. Would suck if a worker drop a hammer and it popped a hole through the ship due to flimsy design.

Also, I know the Mustangs will get a re-work but I think we will see that the style for CO will change heavily. Right now it looks very similar to Origin but with angles instead of curves. Also, useless or flimsy looking pieces.

We shall see but if I were to place a bet on who gets the construction ship, I think it will be either MISC, Aegis, or Anvil just because they are established manufacturers style wise. My money is on a MISC design but I would be happy with either of the 3.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I've just thought what the Game-Changer could be - an Arcade ship.

You dock and stroll in, and you have a thousand years of Arcade games spread throughout 3 levels. It's a Game-Changer because it literally changes the game you are playing to something else.

Either that or it is the secret TWRL (TEST Weapons Research Lab) Insanity Drive ship we have been working on. You point the Insanity Drive at an enemy ship or instillation and switch it on - whoever is caught in the beam has their perception of reality fundamentally altered; akin to the below video.

But it's a secret so don't tell anyone, right, and whatever you do don't post about the Insanity Drive on the Forums, the other Orgs would get worried if they knew TEST was working on B-War (Brain-War) as well as E-War.

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
It is the "Heart of Gold" complete with the infinite improbability drive and the GPP components.
If the Infinite Improbability drive becomes a thing, can we have the BistroMath with the awesome potential of its Bistromathic Drive which used the numbers surrounding an italian resturant to propel it across the stars.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technology_in_The_Hitchhiker's_Guide_to_the_Galaxy#Starship_Bistromath

"The drive is notably more controllable than the Infinite Improbability Drive. It is also said to "make the Heart of Gold seem like an electric pram." "

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
If the Infinite Improbability drive becomes a thing, can we have the BistroMath with the awesome potential of its Bistromathic Drive which used the numbers surrounding an italian resturant to propel it across the stars.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technology_in_The_Hitchhiker's_Guide_to_the_Galaxy#Starship_Bistromath

"The drive is notably more controllable than the Infinite Improbability Drive. It is also said to "make the Heart of Gold seem like an electric pram." "
But I want my GPP doors.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
How about, for a game changer ship, something that can carry a platoon of marines, drop pods and retrieval boats to recover the marines?

And just for fun, lets put the marines in the equivalent of 40K Terminator Armor or Starship Trooper Marauder suits.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
How about, for a game changer ship, something that can carry a platoon of marines, drop pods and retrieval boats to recover the marines?

And just for fun, lets put the marines in the equivalent of 40K Terminator Armor or Starship Trooper Marauder suits.
Been playing 40K lately? :smile:

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Been playing 40K lately? :smile:
Just reread Starship Troopers, actually. :slight_smile:

I am 2 editions behind on my 40K rules. LOL

I mentioned the Terminator Armor because that is easier to get reference photos of than Marauder suits. (Because in the non-animated movies they were much too big.)

Last edited:
Forgot your password?