Predictions for the 'Game Changing' Ship?

Gabgrave

Grand Admiral
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Gabgrave
The Rocketeer. My God I loved that movie as a kid.
Hell yeah, same here man! I heard they are doing a remake soon, but if the music isn't done by George Willams it won't meet the standards :confounded:

Space Nazis! We'll have to ally with the Vanduul to drive them back
There was a movie with literal space Nazi's lol. Called Iron Sky or something. It's good for a laugh :grin:​

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Hell yeah, same here man! I heard they are doing a remake soon, but if the music isn't done by George Willams it won't meet the standards :confounded:
One can hope they maintain the standard.
There was a movie with literal space Nazi's lol. Called Iron Sky or something. It's good for a laugh :grin:
Space Nazis from the moon!

Fighter

Commander
Jul 27, 2017
RSI Handle
Fighter26
High Five! I keep waiting for them to release the updated C&C FPS game, but we might get SC live first before that happens lol
We all do. I love the C&C / Red Alert worlds. Hell, I ran a Renegade server and learned how to host trying to run it. RA1 I played in their Westwood Online tornies. When Westwood was bought by EA I was all like "meh, hopefully they will get better servers and they would be stupid to break up the team..." Shortly after they bumped the offical servers to I guess a broom closet in the EA Scrooge McDuck pool house and split up the team to develop a LoTR RTS... seriously. At least we got Generals Zero Hour as a final hookup from part of the original team...

Edit- Oh yea, forgot to actually post. A ship that can interdict QDrive capabilities would make the most sense. I am not saying like in EVE with heavy vs. lighter interdiction systems, but a dedicated ship class like out of Star Wars Empire At War would be a pretty cool concept for it.

Scale it down for SC, thinking say a ship the size of a Tali/Connie which has to become immobile when active and creates a brilliant pattern of energy pulses that disable both friendly and enemy QDrives in range. It is armor tanky, but it has to lower shields to go all QDrive stopping and if takes too much damage pulses deharmonize or something doing AOE damage randomly to everyone while the ship itself disintegrates quickly... all crew die on a one way ticket. Fully commit and high risk to use ship to gain a massive tactical advantage.

Last edited:

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
We all do. I love the C&C / Red Alert worlds. Hell, I ran a Renegade server and learned how to host trying to run it. RA1 I played in their Westwood Online tornies. When Westwood was bought by EA I was all like "meh, hopefully they will get better servers and they would be stupid to break up the team..." Shortly after they bumped the offical servers to I guess a broom closet in the EA Scrooge McDuck pool house and split up the team to develop a LoTR RTS... seriously. At least we got Generals Zero Hour as a final hookup from part of the original team...
I still get an itch now and then to play the Renegade campaign. Just something about it I love. I feel like I discover something new every time.

Forgot your password?