Predictions for the 'Game Changing' Ship?

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
If it's game-changing, it has to somehow throw a wrench into what we have now. What do we rely on right now that could be interfered with? Maybe something that flies differently? Something that can use a tractor beam in combat? Maybe something that can interfere with flight systems. I guess most of that sounds like parts and weapons more than a new ship.
Cloaking device?

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
My prediction:

From what is coming with planetside exploration, I say it is a be a multiterrain craft, capable of travel in space, atmosphere, on land, on water and UNDER water. Not all wrecks are going to float, 'y know.

And *clicks fingers* just like that the bikes are as just as redundant as the bikes made the greycat.

SPRNinja

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
SPRNinja
I like that people are saying carrier, but we have the idris as a pocket carrier and I coubt well get another ship in that class, and certainly wouldnt call it a "game changer," Tho it made me wonder about a *drone carrier* something that launchers swarms of small, agile AI controlled ships.

2nd choice, A boarding ship that launches boarding pods that can also be used in atmospheric entry (ODST style)

3rd choice, Death Star II *cough* I mean, Imperial planetary ore extractor
#empiredidnothingwrong

Or maybe they will just have the upgrade of my 325a complte :/

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I like that people are saying carrier, but we have the idris as a pocket carrier and I coubt well get another ship in that class, and certainly wouldnt call it a "game changer," Tho it made me wonder about a *drone carrier* something that launchers swarms of small, agile AI controlled ships.

2nd choice, A boarding ship that launches boarding pods that can also be used in atmospheric entry (ODST style)

3rd choice, Death Star II *cough* I mean, Imperial planetary ore extractor
#empiredidnothingwrong

Or maybe they will just have the upgrade of my 325a complte :/
"It made me wonder about a *drone carrier* something that launchers swarms of small, agile AI controlled ships." 60% chance

"2nd choice, A boarding ship that launches boarding pods that can also be used in atmospheric entry (ODST style)" 40% chance

"3rd choice, Death Star II *cough* I mean, Imperial planetary ore extractor
#empiredidnothingwrong" 10% chance

"Or maybe they will just have the upgrade of my 325a complte :/" 0% chance

FluffyVonRage

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Palegrave
Bringing such a Ship -as much as I'd love to have one- would be one of the biggest mistakes they could make.

Regarding the Gamechanging Ship, I'd say it's mostly marketing at this point, as CIG has little to no clue about how actual Gameplay will work out.

It's definetely going to be released for Citizencon, priced well above 500$ and aimed at "enthusiasts".

Maybe something like a Carrier?
God I hope not - I'll end up melting my fleet and then just offering out repair/pickup/refiling services to folks in the deep.

DarthMunkee

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMunkee
The game changer ship will be a large ship full of simulator pods. In these pods people will be able to play the hottest game around, Galaxy Citizen. It is a game within Star Citizen set in the year 3877 where you can take on many different professions and basically do whatever you want in a massive procedurally generated cluster of galaxies.

Forgot your password?