RSI Galaxy Screenshots and speculation

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
I hope when it's released, my great great grand kids will appreciate the work put into the design of this fine vessel...
Are we talking about those little kids living in a dumpster because their great-great-grandpa spend all of their grandparents college money on virtual ships?
Sure they will. If they share your blood they'll understand that it was a necessary sacrifice for true art. :o7:

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
I’ll guess this will be released in 2028, but here, take my money! I hate you CIG!
Well, before you bite THAT bullet, have you thought about how modularity is gonna work at all?
It should be like switching weapons, right? So on some planet or station you hoard all your stuff and the have to fly there if you wanna switch configuration, right?
Won't it be a pain in the ass once we got multiple systems? I mean you ride whereever the space-winds blow you. Suddenly you feel like switching from Jack the Ripper to Florence Nightingale.
If you had a Gunship and an Apollo thats as simple going to the Terminal and calling the propper one.
With a Galaxy you gotta haul your ass back ALL the way home. Go change. Come back. Just to find that those poor souls waiting for rescue have already bled out.
Or something like that.
Point is, I have no clue what they planned for modularity mechanics. But if the current inventory system is any indication for what's to come than these ships might not be half as flexible as we'd like to believe.
Then again, this could be an opportunity.
"Mudhawk's Galaxy-Wide Module Rental Stations"
Has a nice ring to it, no? 😋

Reactions: Garonman

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Hmm, it's looking pretty good, but that depends on the price point. It's quite 'civilian' with the current module spread, so something like $400 or $500 would be a pretty good deal. I mean, yes, it's large but at the end of the day it's just 2xS5 and 4xS4s on it and maybe 512 SCU cargo module / Refinery module / Medical module. Now Refinery and Medical modules are perhaps a bit more expensive, but if you got to buy those separately, just having 512 SCU cargo (well, + hangar) as a baseline gives you similar utility as a Caterpillar. I mean, sure, throwing a hangar on top of a caterpillar gives a much better utility, yes, but it's still pretty similar, so I'd say $400 or $500 is a good price. $700 or more and it's noty.

Brictoria

Rear Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
I'm hoping for a pack containing just the modules - It would be the only likely opportunity to get them with LTI, and I could always acquire the ship at a later time.

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
The Galaxy does feel a bit 'civilian', like the Connie. I guess that distinguishes it from the Perseus. I wonder if that means we might see more civilian than military modules for the ship in the future?

Reactions: Garonman and FZD

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
Are we talking about those little kids living in a dumpster because their great-great-grandpa spend all of their grandparents college money on virtual ships?
Sure they will. If they share your blood they'll understand that it was a necessary sacrifice for true art. :o7:
Children should seen respecting the .jpeg spaceship and not be heard...

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
You misunderstand, these kittle kids are now rich beyond their wildest dreams as CIG decided to never move on from alpha so they could keep selling ever more jpegs for ever more money. Grandads Hornet is now worth $2000 and his Polaris is now worth $10,000. Dont even talk about his Idris!!!

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
If you had a Gunship and an Apollo thats as simple going to the Terminal and calling the propper one.
With a Galaxy you gotta haul your ass back ALL the way home. Go change. Come back. Just to find that those poor souls waiting for rescue have already bled out.
Or something like that.
You do realize that going back to where ever you stored your ship, weapon and modules. That when the game code for physically assests is complete the terminal system currently in game goes away like it works now. So there is no going to the nearest space port and calling the proper one from the ethos. That all of your gear and ships will exist and be located where ever you left them.

Gucci

Space Marshal
Nov 17, 2015
RSI Handle
Ras-al-Ghul
Originally when the leaks came out people were thinking it wouldnt be around the Perseus price but after the video and re-push of modularity (and the speculation that this ship will be to placate people with other modular ships maybe?) I'm putting on my tinfoil hat again and thinking it will be 675 or 700ish maybe to convert some of those BMMs out there... lol

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
That all of your gear and ships will exist and be located where ever you left them.
Okay, so one way or the other, we're fucked.
But hey!
Without terminals, where do I reclaim my insured and totally not my fault it wen't BOOM vehicle then?
Don't tell me I have to drive downtown to the insurance company?

Ltmifune

Captain
Nov 6, 2022
RSI Handle
ltmifune
First, this allows a player to (possibly) replace multiple ships in their lineup. For instance, the Apollo, the Expanse, and (maybe) the C2/Caterpillar.
first, a hangar, maybe just Pisces sized, maybe even Sabre/Gladius/315 sized.

For instance, it has more/better beds than the Apollo. It has 3 T3, 2xT2 and a single T1 bed.

Not sure on how much storage it might have , but it seems that the Galaxy has a significant amount of refining capability too. At least 2 or 3 major reactorsm plus some storage space. I expect this will be sized more to Mole and other large mining capabilities.

finally, I estimate 4-500 SCU of potential cargo.

this will be a ship that can take many roles, just not all at once.

I don’t expect this to take the performance cap for a top tier single function large ship, but I do expect it to have some appeal to those that would like jut a handful of ships but a lot of different roles.

who knows, maybe they will offer a ship Module pack so that those that missed LTI on the retaliator or endeavor modules can pick them up here as well.
They need to make the persistent universe work first, I am getting tired of getting my ship ready loading loads of goods and equipment to 'BAM' lose everything while standing 3 ft away from my ship. I don't know why we don't have servers that we can connect back to. I would like to leave a Carrack in orbit fly down in a pisces do a mission and fly to next location, but something happens and your ships vanish. The persistent universe were all the garbage people leave every where, it'll stay for hours but my damned ship vanishes, or I can't located my missing body.
Venting, venting, I have died everyday in New Babbage and every time in I have left the planet nothing I've tried to do has worked.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
I am sure they are working on that sort of thing

That said, you need to leave people in the ship when you go out exploring. I would not expect to leave ships in orbit while I take myself and the other crew down to the surface. If nothing else, I would want a security patrol or two just in case someone came along

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
They need to make the persistent universe work first, I am getting tired of getting my ship ready loading loads of goods and equipment to 'BAM' lose everything while standing 3 ft away from my ship. I don't know why we don't have servers that we can connect back to. I would like to leave a Carrack in orbit fly down in a pisces do a mission and fly to next location, but something happens and your ships vanish. The persistent universe were all the garbage people leave every where, it'll stay for hours but my damned ship vanishes, or I can't located my missing body.
Venting, venting, I have died everyday in New Babbage and every time in I have left the planet nothing I've tried to do has worked.
Soon 3.18 is suppose to have a fix with ship storage on server crash so in theory you shouldn't lose your ship and everything in it but we will see. The other thing to note is if you wait for the server to comeback up you technically should be able to log back into it as it was prior to crash due to the new object code.
They also talked about work on the object garbage code and it shouldn't be removing player ships as long as the stay under the active ship cap. So the only thing that persistence across servers is player data is ship and player items on char

Dirtbag_Leader

Admiral
Nov 27, 2020
RSI Handle
Dirtbag_Leader
I would like to leave a Carrack in orbit fly down in a pisces do a mission and fly to next location
So much this! At the very least, you can go upvote my Spectrum post on that matter:

Reactions: Ltmifune

Freak0

Grand Admiral
Donor
Aug 31, 2019
RSI Handle
Freako_0
My opinion: I think CIG made this ship due to Pyro. I don't think existing medical and refining ships have the legs to support players in that upcoming system. This was an opportunity to combine those industries into one ship to support player activities. Cargo? Always a cargo ship. I hope this spells good news for other modular ships: Carrack, Caterpillar, Redeemer, Retaliator, Warden, Medivac (rooms), Javelin, 600i, Hornet series, etc.

Regarding a backlog that Montoya referenced in a video and is brought up in this thread .... I think it will resolve itself over time, and much sooner than players expect. Every game that provides digital pixels for sale have a history of dramatically improving graphic and development pipelines. Off the top of my head are tanks and ships from Wargaming. They are now able to crank out sales for new vehicles and ships at an astonishing rate. I think we have already experienced that improvement with some of the ready for PU ship releases.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's sale. Bummed we did not get a sneak peak and early sale for Concierge.

This year's sale has completely mixed up my fleet and allowed me to trim a ton of pixels from my hangar. I'll probably post about that later and re-open my market-store as I have a lot of jpgs for VERY good value to remove from my hangar.

Last edited:

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
I honestly feel that this ship and it's modules are a stop gap measure to placate owners of other ships that are backlogged by giving this ship as a loaner with the corresponding module.
I doubt this will be the first modular ship. The first 3 are, highly, likely to be the Retaliator, Vanguard and 600i. (In that order).

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Unless this is much cheaper than the Carrack, I don't see the appeal.

Garonman

Captain
Oct 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Garonman5
My guess is if it's modular it will be 350-400. The extra cost is which module you take likely making total price with one module option 550-600

Reactions: Freak0
Forgot your password?