SAMs happy-hour-GMT+1-daily-work-COFFEE BAR

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Can't wait for my trip. It's already distracting me and it's still a week and a half away. Supposedly a beautiful valley along the Powder River where the Johnson Cattle Wars of the late 1800's took place. Just north of the Hole in the Wall made famous by Butch Cassidy. Hope to live through it
Haha, praying history doesn't repeat eh? I'd love to stand amongst that kind of history. Enjoy every minute. God knows you've probably earned it.
I can see why you're already distracted, haha.

Graptor

Space Marshal
Jul 21, 2016
RSI Handle
Graptor
The Big Horns are beautiful this time of year! you looking for the Wapiti? Ride well my friend
I'll be just south of Bighorn Nat'l Forest, in the Hole in the Wall Ranch (aka Bar C Ranch). About 40,000 acres, we'll be camping there with about 50 other guys. I'm a guest of a historical western riding club. We'll be spotting the elk, but not hunting (only drawback I see so far). Might chase some cattle around. The club has 3 rules for their annual ride, 1) No wimmin', 2) No guns, and 3) No dogs. I like short lists I can remember. This is my first trip with the club, my neighbor is a member and invited me. We've been riding together every weekend this summer in preparation. Next year, it's a hunting trip instead. I like the Flat Top Wilderness in northwest Colorado.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I'll be just south of Bighorn Nat'l Forest, in the Hole in the Wall Ranch (aka Bar C Ranch). About 40,000 acres, we'll be camping there with about 50 other guys. I'm a guest of a historical western riding club. We'll be spotting the elk, but not hunting (only drawback I see so far). Might chase some cattle around. The club has 3 rules for their annual ride, 1) No wimmin', 2) No guns, and 3) No dogs. I like short lists I can remember. This is my first trip with the club, my neighbor is a member and invited me. We've been riding together every weekend this summer in preparation. Next year, it's a hunting trip instead. I like the Flat Top Wilderness in northwest Colorado.
You have shorter trips, but surely more exciting!!!! My biggest excitement was the big bushfire, the damn bugger was just on route of our trip. "Is the highway to Krka open?" "Sure, no problem, continue". Next thing was getting directed 40 km in the opposite direction with a traffic jam of 10 km on the other side of the highway, in the right direction, returning at the start point and continue over coastal road. A trip of 30 minutes in 150 minutes.
Athough, I may not complain, a loooot of beer, starting at noon :beers::beers::beers::beers:

Captain Call

Space Marshal
Jul 12, 2016
RSI Handle
Captain W F Call
Enjoy the ride - the weather should still be good - may have some early morning frost -- but the snow should hold off -- Nice time of year for a ride the range - IT pretty this time of year at Kaycee / Barnum on the Middle Fork of the Powder --- Remember - Champion has been described by different historians as "the bravest man in Johnson County" and "the king of the rustlers." -- some us still view him as a "damn rustler" ! LOL

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Hey there, was ill for the last two weeks - again, my ear. Again, lost some of my hearing ability. Whatever. I used the time off to push my YT channel, now marching straight towards the mark of 2k followers. This evening at 10 p.m. my late night talk stream starts, and I am totally excited about it! Plus, I am writing a...what is "Hörbuch" in english language? Audiobook! Yes, well, I am writing/producing an Audiobook. The last days, I took the "Lost Generation". Reading through it, I thought that the story is okay so far. But the writing skills of its author has...potential for improvement. Thus I translated it AND kind of rewrote it, making a "real" book of it. And finally produced the first chapter as an Audiobook. Reactions are VERY positive, hence I'll go forward with this project. Which sums up to three projects: translation and explanation of the ATVs, producing audiobooks and doing live streams. Its fun!!
Cheers!
Astro

http://www.distilleurs.fr/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/giphy.gif

Last edited:

Graptor

Space Marshal
Jul 21, 2016
RSI Handle
Graptor
Hey @Captain Call Happy Birthday!

Now, @Captain Call, I went and did some reading after the comment about Champion. Figured I'd better know some of the history of where I'm going. According to what I find online, they say Nate Champion was legit, and not a rustler. I saw a couple of pictures of statues with him slinging a six shooter and a Winchester. Say he was innocent. Will I find something different when I'm up there mixing it up with some of the locals? Looks like Monday night I'll be in Kaycee at some tavern watching the Bronco's game, might have to chat with some of the locals.

Captain Call

Space Marshal
Jul 12, 2016
RSI Handle
Captain W F Call
Hey @Captain Call Happy Birthday!

Now, @Captain Call, I went and did some reading after the comment about Champion. Figured I'd better know some of the history of where I'm going. According to what I find online, they say Nate Champion was legit, and not a rustler. I saw a couple of pictures of statues with him slinging a six shooter and a Winchester. Say he was innocent. Will I find something different when I'm up there mixing it up with some of the locals? Looks like Monday night I'll be in Kaycee at some tavern watching the Bronco's game, might have to chat with some of the locals.
Well let just say there are two sides to the story -- a lot of WSGA ----- see otherwise --- good history - JOHNSON COUNTY WAR IS / AIN'T A PACK OF LIES The Cattle Barons side / The Rustlers side -Jack R. Gage

Forgot your password?