SAMs happy-hour-GMT+1-daily-work-COFFEE BAR

Ezz

Space Marshal
Feb 4, 2016
RSI Handle
Pfen
A PT Test stands for Physical Training Test. The Army conducts them as a way of grading soldiers on their physical fitness performance. Consists of two minutes of push-ups, two minutes of sit-ups, and a 2 mile run.
Why do you measer push ups and sit ups in minutes? Wouldn't make the amount of push ups you make make more sense?

CrudeSasquatch

Space Marshal
Jan 1, 2016
RSI Handle
CrudeSasquatch
@AstroSam
@Blind Owl has flown south to the Caribbean for the winter.... Or perhaps he is somewhere in Saskatchewan hunting elusive Robertson Ground Squirrels. He's potentially freezing his ass off in a Tent City somewhere in the Arctic, or Antarctic. I really can't say. I forgot to mail him his Tim Horton's Coffee and he stopped talking to me. I'll apologize at Christmas.

I am reading the interwebs at work, and watching Stranger Things Season 2. It's a remarkable show!

As for your question about training.

I did my Basic Training, and then I did my Trade Qualification Training, and now I am doing my Apprenticeship Trade Training. In a few years I'll be a Qualified Gopher, halfway to being a Beaver, but not quite a Shrew.

I made most of the things I just said up.

Wolfy

Space Kitty
Donor
Apr 27, 2017
RSI Handle
WolfytheWarlock
Why do you measer push ups and sit ups in minutes? Wouldn't make the amount of push ups you make make more sense?
It's amount of push-ups in those two minutes. If you stop and let your knees hit the ground the test ends. Same with sit-up, no stopping on the ground.

EDIT: Here is a link with a long explanation on how it is conducted... I think, this is the first link I saw on google. http://hhd.fullerton.edu/militaryscience/documents/APFTInstructions.pdf

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
@AstroSam
@Blind Owl has flown south to the Caribbean for the winter.... Or perhaps he is somewhere in Saskatchewan hunting elusive Robertson Ground Squirrels. He's potentially freezing his ass off in a Tent City somewhere in the Arctic, or Antarctic. I really can't say. I forgot to mail him his Tim Horton's Coffee and he stopped talking to me. I'll apologize at Christmas.

I am reading the interwebs at work, and watching Stranger Things Season 2. It's a remarkable show!

As for your question about training.

I did my Basic Training, and then I did my Trade Qualification Training, and now I am doing my Apprenticeship Trade Training. In a few years I'll be a Qualified Gopher, halfway to being a Beaver, but not quite a Shrew.

I made most of the things I just said up.
'kay, you got me - I'm puzzled. All I understood is:

@Blind Owl -->

@CrudeSasquatch -->

Well, while I'm still giggeling (at work, ha :smile:), lets have a coffee and hope, that this TUESDAY will pass as quick as our office sleep will last...something like that.

https://media.giphy.com/media/l41lUcnu1IwHKBbPy/giphy.gif

...did someone say "coffee"?

aeloy.

Captain
Nov 2, 2017
RSI Handle
aeloy
Hey you all coffeebar people!

I feel like Friday, but it's only Tuesday, huh?

Anyway, just reminding you all about the Bar Citizen in Cologne going on Saturday at 6pm! If you are around, please join us, grab a beer (or coffee) and chat!

See you there (or in the Verse!)

Chin chin,
Lea

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Ouh, while I would like to participate...I''m not in or around Cologne next weekend ^^ Hope you'll have fun, lots of beer and people...and people and beer. Would be cool to see some photos of the event next week :beers::french_bread::meat_on_bone::beer::v::thumbsup:

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Anyway, just reminding you all about the Bar Citizen in Cologne going on Saturday at 6pm! If you are around, please join us, grab a beer (or coffee) and chat!
I'm really considering if I just should hop over to Köln, but that would leave me with coffee or cola, no Kölsch for me. The last Bar Citizen I joined was a little bit disappointing. 2 big tables where people were talking about everything except SC. The mixed orgs table and the German org table. A guy from the mixed orgs table hopped over to the German org table to invite them to the big table..... without any result. I was between the 2 tables, enjoying my meal and waiting for fellow TESTies to join.

aeloy.

Captain
Nov 2, 2017
RSI Handle
aeloy
I'm really considering if I just should hop over to Köln, but that would leave me with coffee or cola, no Kölsch for me. The last Bar Citizen I joined was a little bit disappointing. 2 big tables where people were talking about everything except SC. The mixed orgs table and the German org table. A guy from the mixed orgs table hopped over to the German org table to invite them to the big table..... without any result. I was between the 2 tables, enjoying my meal and waiting for fellow TESTies to join.
Just come over and we'll see. I'm pretty sure it's gonna be better than this!

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
You had different org tables?! That sounds kind of ridiculous. I've organized two BarCitizens here in Hamburg. Its like picking the phone, calling the pub, saying "we are coming with 15 people. Make sure there is enough room and beer" and...nothing more. Meet, chit-chat, having fun. Different tables *head-shaking*

Well, anyway, its Wednesday. You've got only two days remaining - plus this day, okay... - for cleaning up the mess you've left the last two days (looking at Marc :D ;) ).
If you are in need of assistance - have a cake!

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-wp9HhR_biLc/Vs4vySGkDBI/AAAAAAAAFkA/ryiGrAE-FDA/s400/YayCake1.jpg

:point_up::smiley::thumbsup:

Metal-Muffin

Space Marshal
Aug 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Metal-Muffin

Metal-Muffin

Space Marshal
Aug 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Metal-Muffin
You have 2 minutes to do as many pushups as you can, and then 2 minutes to do as many sit-ups as you can. Depending on your age, gender, and the number you complete, you get a score from 0-100. So, I’m 40, have a winkie, and can do 70 push-ups and 90 sit-ups respectively, so I get a 100 in both events. The final event is the 2 mile run where your score is based off of gender and time. The total of all three events is what determines pass or fail, and you have to score at least 60 points in each event in order to pass.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
You had different org tables
Well, the German org.... if you name a few i will recognize it... didn't want to join the rest. They gathered at another table.... afraid to speak English?
cleaning up the mess you've left the last two days
That is easy, open one tank, spay water over it and it is clean. The plant makes soap, for dishwashers, clothes, sink.

Forgot your password?