marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
So everyone was in class? Any stretch of beach like that near here would be always full of surfers, especially with the sun shining.
Looks worth the burn to me! :)
My wife went for a swim.... north sea is cold :p we aren't at a big crowded beach, just a small one which is fine with me. From our beach house I can see my boys while enjoying a cold beer, keeping my feet in the shade.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Its a a chaotic systems nobody really understands ;) In Germany, summer vacation lasts six weeks. The exact dates vary by state as well as from one to the next year, from the earliest (mid-June to late July) to the latest (late July to early September). This system is annoying and there were discussions to consolidate the time of vacations. But this let loose those people which income is based on the tourist season. Thus they spreaded the vacation times a little more. We were the first ones this year, starting the summer vacations at early June; the last state should start now, late August, with their summer vacations.
I totally understand the hotel owners etc. But nevertheless I - and lots of Germans as well - would prefer a more consolidated "core" vacation time instead of spreading this season over almost four months.
NRW school vacations are over, which means allot of bad weather during vacations and now with the good weather school :p

MzHartz

Vice Admiral
May 24, 2015
RSI Handle
MzHartz
Last night I had the house to myself during a thunderstorm. I had all the lights off except for a soft light above my desk. I was playing Star Citizen with my best friend, and text chatting with my girlfriend during downtime. It was cool enough outside that the air conditioning didn't kick on, so the only sound was my music which I had set low. It was just one of those quietly relaxing evenings.

Somehow that feeling has persisted over into today. I know work is eventually going to kick in and bring me back into the real world, but I'll try to hold onto this inner peace for a while longer.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Last night I had the house to myself during a thunderstorm. I had all the lights off except for a soft light above my desk. I was playing Star Citizen with my best friend, and text chatting with my girlfriend during downtime. It was cool enough outside that the air conditioning didn't kick on, so the only sound was my music which I had set low. It was just one of those quietly relaxing evenings.

Somehow that feeling has persisted over into today. I know work is eventually going to kick in and bring me back into the real world, but I'll try to hold onto this inner peace for a while longer.
I envy you; "inner peace", that sounds really wonderful. Thanks a lot for sharing dear Mz :)

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
If I remember right eastern Oregon is dry and brown -- Gods country lies a little more to the east in the Rockies ;)
Moved here about 5 years ago and haven't explored very far from the coast. Grew up in the midwest, so the ocean still mesmerizes me. I like to just kick back and listen to the waves like music.

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
Beerjerker,

What part of the Midwest? I grew up in Northern Illinois/Southern Wisconsin, but most of my family is spread all over the Midwest.
When I was a little kid, Nebraska. But mostly Kansas and Texas, also briefly Minnesota and Georgia.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoIfglXAbh0

I been everywhere, man... in the US anyway. Only been outside of the States when the Army sent me, and those weren't vacations.

NEWater

Admiral
Aug 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Gottahave
If you are working more than 6 hours a day, there are regulations which say that you have the right for a breaktime. If an employer doesn't follow the corresponding rules there is a possibility - the bigger the company the higher the possibility - that he receives a considerable (painful) penalty.
Please marry me so that I can move to Germany and have nice labor laws. D: I work 11-12 hours a day and a break is unheard of. Walk into the office not seeing the sun, and walk out the office not seeing it either.

Forgot your password?