SAMs happy-hour-GMT+1-daily-work-COFFEE BAR

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
No, indeed not - in two weeks the advent season starts! I love it.:two_hearts: Last week we've had the first snow, and I heard xmas music while working - it was wonderful :blush:

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Well, I've to say that I took an exact angle for this photo for avoiding any glimpse onto the chaos on my desk :smile:
Lol, for one, I cleaned up recently. Also, I have a very messy table, with clutter that spills onto the floor, right out of frame.
Hehehehe, my desk stands in a room where there is "work in progress". I isolated the room, the roof and walls are raw drywall. The floor consists of interlocking floorboards which I ripped of the floor, isolated the space underneath and I nailed the damaged floorboards back with the same rusty nails. I still must get a permit for a new dormer to make the room bigger, but right now I have other priorities so the room looks very provisional.

An exact angle won't help allot, only a blurry handy photo under bad light conditions and a closeup will conceal the chaos.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I did! But you will build them in somehow somewhere...?
In the wall where they are sticking out, I mounted an electrical box inside the wall, but it is al little bit crowded there. 3 electrical cable enter the box from the rear (cavity between the inner and outer wall) and are distributed to the left and right.
Our house is from 1959, back then they didn't use electrical grounding and they also didn't use that much electrical equipment, so one 16 ampere fuse for all the light and electrical sockets.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Hehehehe, my desk stands in a room where there is "work in progress". I isolated the room, the roof and walls are raw drywall. The floor consists of interlocking floorboards which I ripped of the floor, isolated the space underneath and I nailed the damaged floorboards back with the same rusty nails. I still must get a permit for a new dormer to make the room bigger, but right now I have other priorities so the room looks very provisional.

An exact angle won't help allot, only a blurry handy photo under bad light conditions and a closeup will conceal the chaos.

Good lord Marc, that's a beautiful setup. I'm jealous. What kind of flight sticks are those?

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Good lord Marc, that's a beautiful setup. I'm jealous. What kind of flight sticks are those?
2 Thrustmaster Warthogs. Sigh, those sticks are hurting very hard in my wallet but they are worth their weight in gold. Since I started playing Star Citizen I only go for the best controls, my wallet stays crying but I: :grin::sunglasses::grinning::tada::cartwheel::airplane_small::fireworks::rocket:.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
2 Thrustmaster Warthogs. Sigh, those sticks are hurting very hard in my wallet but they are worth their weight in gold. Since I started playing Star Citizen I only go for the best controls, my wallet stays crying but I: :grin::sunglasses::grinning::tada::cartwheel::airplane_small::fireworks::rocket:.
I want!! Haha

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I want!! Haha
They handle really brilliant, only the left stick is a little unpractical because the thumb switch sticks out on the wrong side and the pinky switches are too far to the left to be usefull. I'm waiting for a left hand conversion kit. Some guys are working on it with resin, but they also have future plans for an aluminium conversion kit :relaxed:

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
They handle really brilliant, only the left stick is a little unpractical because the thumb switch sticks out on the wrong side and the pinky switches are too far to the left to be usefull. I'm waiting for a left hand conversion kit. Some guys are working on it with resin, but they also have future plans for an aluminium conversion kit :relaxed:
I may just start with the T16000 for my left hand. I already own a HOTAS, but I want to dual stick fly.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I may just start with the T16000 for my left hand. I already own a HOTAS, but I want to dual stick fly.
That is a very wise decision, but be warned: in my previous life I always used cheap sticks, placed them on my desk. Since I started to upgrade my controls it didn't stay with the controls, I started to modding my setup to optimize my gameplay.
- With the Warthog I placed 2 mounts on my chair for the flight stick and throttle.
- With the rudder pedals I removed the swivel base of my chair and mounted my chair on a solid base on a plate to fix the pedals.
- Because I missed the G13 strafe comfort I build a mount for my G13 and fixed it on my chair, right of my throttle.
- I bought my second Warthog for dual stick setup and fixed it on my throttle mount, moving the throttle to my desk.
- My desk was too far away so I had to make a mousepad on my chair.
- The keyboard also wasn't very practical on my desk so I bought a G410, which barely fitted between my G13 and my right flightstick, I had to make a swiveling mount for it, otherwise I couldn't get up to get a beer while playing.
- I don't use throttle in Arena Commander, but in PU I used it allot, so I had to make a new mount for it, left of my chair, behind the left flight stick

So now I have 7 control fixed to my chair, my control setup is optimized for flight and FPS, I must climb into my chair. After Christmas I will buy a car sport seat and start over again. I'm still looking for the right color. I found some, but no black / yellow.

Forgot your password?