SAMs happy-hour-GMT+1-daily-work-COFFEE BAR

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Since 3.0 it is quiet, no regular missions available anymore. I think that the biggest party I ever managed solo was 8 people.
I think the "Your system does not have enough physical memory free you have 5.6GB we recommend 8GB" may have killed a lot of perseverance - You crash out of a PU session, but instead of trying again just say to yourself "Ah, I was warned I didn't have enough RAM, i'll have to save up and wait until I can get hold of enough."

Poof: numbers logging in go through the floor. Hasn't stopped me from retrying whenever a session crashes because i'm bloody minded but I did notice on Fortnightly Frontier Aeloy mentioned she was not able to play because of the note saying there was not enough RAM so I think that may be putting a bunch of participants off...

Last edited:

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I think the "Your system does not have enough physical memory free you have 5.6GB we recommend 8GB" may have killed a lot of perseverance - You crash out of a PU session, but instead of trying again just say to yourself "Ah, I was warned I didn't have enough RAM, i'll have to save up and wait until I can get hold of enough."

Poof: numbers logging in go through the floor. Hasn't stopped me from retrying whenever a session crashes because i'm bloody minded but I did notice on Fortnightly Frontier Aeloy mentioned she was not able to play because of the note saying there was not enough RAM so I think that may be putting a bunch of participants off...
Lol, 32GB here :laughing:
Nope, when playing alone, the long load times from 3.1.2 were discouraging, but when doing multiplayer meetups, going to the bitter end, 4Am. When nobody shows up after an hour, it gets disappointing, but still I hold the highest attending record. I've been there since January 2017, I've missed about 7 or 8 sessions, holidays, party's.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Usually I BBQ slow, coal as deep as possible, lid closed a lot. Before a sausage is good it stays at least 30 minutes under the lid. The sausage BBQ is another story. You keep turning, the last turned, the first crying to get turned again. Not even time to drink a beer

Ya if you can't drink a beer then is it really BBQing?

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
So, your hangar now is stocked with an awesome Aurora...?
Actually, no Aurora right now. I gave mine to @Stevetank , haha. But I do have a few other ships. I'm doing ok, haha.
Sounds good! Unbelievable that you still can take all this stress and effort with a blinking eye
Oh I blinked a few tears away. But what can you do? It's you life, so you just pick up the pieces and keep going . Besides, I still have the important things...my family, my TESTies, my career, my health. Life is good my friend.
Thus barbecue has to be "rearmed", haha
What!!! You didn't BBQ yet?
Ya if you can't drink a beer then is it really BBQing?
Wait, I live in Canada, and I BBQ year round. What the heck do you guys do in the winter? Not BBQ? How do you eat? ;)
Where is @Blind Owl ? He needs to crash one of these, politely.
I think this quote belongs in another thread, haha.

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
Actually, no Aurora right now. I gave mine to @Stevetank , haha. But I do have a few other ships. I'm doing ok, haha.

Oh I blinked a few tears away. But what can you do? It's you life, so you just pick up the pieces and keep going . Besides, I still have the important things...my family, my TESTies, my career, my health. Life is good my friend.

Wait, I live in Canada, and I BBQ year round. What the heck do you guys do in the winter? Not BBQ? How do you eat? ;)

I think this quote belongs in another thread, haha.
Yeah, not sure why you have that quote in here. If you click on the link it takes you to the thread it came from.

Thanks for the Aurora, Owl! It's got that fancy leather seat and everything :D I'm lovin' it.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Yeah, not sure why you have that quote in here. If you click on the link it takes you to the thread it came from.

Thanks for the Aurora, Owl! It's got that fancy leather seat and everything :smile: I'm lovin' it.
I think I managed to reply to it in the right thread after all, haha.
Wait, that Aurora had leather?? Noooooooo, what have I done?!? ;) Hahahha

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
When I still used gas, I had to clean a lot, I even bought a second to manage all the meat. Then I switched to charcoal. The BBQ grew in size and I can do with one. I even once bought a charcoal sausage BBQ, very wide and not to deep. That gave me a lot stress.
Usually I BBQ slow, coal as deep as possible, lid closed a lot. Before a sausage is good it stays at least 30 minutes under the lid. The sausage BBQ is another story. You keep turning, the last turned, the first crying to get turned again. Not even time to drink a beer :cold_sweat:

I got mentioned a few times now, mostly for the monthly donations, but also once for Combat Flight Training, although CFT is IcaroSPs child. I hope that CFT gets to it former glory again. Since 3.0 it is quiet, no regular missions available anymore. I think that the biggest party I ever managed solo was 8 people.
Ouukay, Dr. BBQ :D I still use the gas grill and its quite fine for us 2,5 people. Light it up, wait 15 minutes, grill 15 minutes, cool down 30 minutes - ready. No coals to dispose of, no ashes etc. Clean, fast thing. ^^

Lol, 32GB here :laughing:
Nope, when playing alone, the long load times from 3.1.2 were discouraging, but when doing multiplayer meetups, going to the bitter end, 4Am. When nobody shows up after an hour, it gets disappointing, but still I hold the highest attending record. I've been there since January 2017, I've missed about 7 or 8 sessions, holidays, party's.
I recently did some examinations on that topic. Result: the problem is not SC using soooo much RAM. In fact, it doesn't! Max usage is about 10-12 GB, and since 3.1.4 it partially uses <2GB (when in space off from stations and/or planets/moons). The problem foremost are the users who have, lets name it a "environmental app polution problem" in their RAM. They don't care about allll the funny, silent background apps which spam their available resources but blame SC for its big appetite for RAM; though it hasn't.

I think I managed to reply to it in the right thread after all, haha.
Wait, that Aurora had leather?? Noooooooo, what have I done?!? ;) Hahahha
Its penis leather! Rub it for some minutes and the Aurora becomes a Freelancer!

Well, guys and gals, after a maaarvelous weekend this week has started...hm, a little bit rough. First I haven't slept very well - after four hours the night was over for me. I don't know why. Then I kind of crawled through the hours before midday, not really able to do useful things like...working. It was around 1 o'clock when I decided to do something - at least warming up a pizza for lunch. Suddenly the phone rang. On the other end of the line: my wife. I had to pick her up at work, because she had become ill. Okay, no big deal. Presumably a bad cough or fever, something like this. Such things happens fast during days like those, 30°, but in the evenings and morning hours the temperatures go down to 10 - 5 degrees - perfect for getting ill. Anyway: I started the car without asking further questions, drove 20 minutes to her worksite. When she got into the car, she said: "Drive me to the hospital."
Me, like: ...
So, yeah, I don't want to go into detail, it seems to be a bad inflammation, but that being said: the surprise was on her side. At the same time, our son called me, that his train has been late and that he now has to wait 45 minutes for the next bus and if I could please catch him up by the bus station ("pleeeeeease dad..."). Yeah, well...ah, did I mention that the dog hasn't been outside for the past five hours? Being 14 years old chances are high that she uses the carpet instead of waiting to get out into nature....
Boy, what a stress. Well finally: wife is still in hospital, son waited 45 minutes for the bus, I finally went home and the doggy was a brave doggy....
To be continued, its 4 p.m., the day still running, which means: there could be come some more surprises, who knows.....

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
So, yeah, I don't want to go into detai
She is pregnant?

All fun by side, I hope that it isn't anything serious and that your wife will get well soon.

Yeah, last week holidays, we went for 3 days to Bothrop. Saturday Sunday Monday BBQ, Tuesday pauze, Wednesday till Friday to Bothrop, Friday, Saturday and Sunday BBQ again. Saturday morning was like...why does my throat feel so strange, Sunday flat until my wife asked when I would start the BBQ (again) and today work.
My boss commented with: "Hey, you had a week off and lay in your chair like this???" My reply was like: "if you prefer I also can go back home to bed"

Last edited:

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Hahaha @marcsand2 reads like your week was all...well, it was BBQ basically, wasn't it? :D

Thanks dear @Blind Owl ! Its an (I have to let translate this via dict.cc) acute pyelonephritis
Thus nothing serious, but nevertheless nasty stuff. Wifey takes heavy antibiotics and is feeling not very well, but hopefully that she gets well soon.

Yesterday we've had bank holidays and whole Germany was a rainy mess. Whole Germany? Well, not entirely... One small village of indomitable Gauls still holds out against the rain. In fact, we had a sunny day and 25°C. :beers: Today its even better, and Sunday is said to become 30°C again. :beers::beers::shaved_ice:....:poultry_leg::D
Son wanted to grow some potatoes. So, I just came back in from the garden, where we digged some m², fertilized and put the tubers (or is it "bulbs"?) into the earth. Well, that being said: I was the one sweating like being showered, haha :D
Okay, work's done, potatoes can grow now (hopefully they'll do).

Now its time for a coffee. Have a nice weekend!

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-m16sUHEz7wY/Wdf1ymxHM7I/AAAAAAAAKKc/V1tsH1dFxjkK8L9M4-rJB1liAEo3W08OwCEwYBhgL/s1600/P1150528.JPG

Forgot your password?