SC community freak out over warbond perks (video)

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
What is said it is not gonna be a big deal if you have LTI or not on a ship when game goes live and it might not...
And Yeah! shore maybe if you only have one or two ships it might not make a big deal..
But what happen if you have 20 - 30+ ships then LTI start to make a hell of lot more sense and difference... right...
Just my 2 cents... and that's how I see it... going on 20+ ships..

CHEERS! :beer::beers::beers::beer::beers::beers::beer::beer::beers::beers::beer::beers::beers::beer::beer::beer::beers::beers:

A side note:
I only buy LTI as in concept or packs that have LTI if it doesn't then I don't buy simple.
So I don't see the problem some have if you don't like the deal don't buy simple..!
But fresh money is what make the game this is also simple.. I like fresh money! :sunglasses:

:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beers::beers::beers::beers:

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Thank you Glorious Leader!

Chocolate glaze donut, Best donut!

Giftcards:

Gift Cards have a major drawback for companies: Although they practically guarentee a sale, the money is locked until actually spent on something.

Say for instance you get a $50 gift card and spend $48.50. There is still a little $ locked away there doing nothing which the company cannot claim for themselves, as it resides in the gift card and has to be ready to be redeemed as and when it is spent... but the customer can't use it until they either find something for $1.50 or redeem it as partial credit on a future purchase - at which point they have probably forgotten about it (I found $3.75 on my amazon account recently marked as gift-card funds and can't even remember the last time I got an Amazon gift card.) The company has the cash, yeah, but they just cannot use it until its actually spent. It's likely the reason gift cards have expiry dates, or companies would just be sat there on a hill of pennies until judgment day.

I am not sure if CIG has the same issue, do gift cards turn into Store Credits for you to use independently or is it actually redeemed from the card voucher/voucher code?

If it turns into store credit, I would argue it is not actually a gift card, as there is no separation between "Store credit" (as you may get from any store in the event of, for instance, a complaint or a return of a product) and the independent gift card funds which are the card purchasers money set aside to be spent by the eventual holder of that gift card.

If someone sent me $25 in a gift card for my birthday (a couple of days ago), there is $25 of fresh money locked in that card until it expires or I spend it.

Last edited:

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
A secon 2 cent.. thought..

You can have LTI on credits bought ships, but then it should not be able to gift a LTI ship if bought with credits.... (see where I'm going with that?)

StdDev

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 16, 2017
RSI Handle
StdDev
If all cash purchases are to get LTI would it be fair for cash purchases of ships that are way beyond concept to also get LTI? would this not also cause a salt storm?

D

Deleted member 6105

Gift Cards do just turn into store credit, friend of mine gave me a 50.00 gift card as gift last year, it was just store credit once I redeemed it. So this dose of fresh money was worth less because of the form it came in.

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
This just further complicates the already complicated systems we have to work with. Either

1. Release an "LTI Token" to the marketplace.
  2. Give all ships LTI
  3. Require a minimum of 50% cash(the rest credit) to be eligible for Warbond sales , this will allow us to use our store credit, it will make players less likely to melt the package(the perks!) and it brings in fresh income where otherwise there would be no income. It is a good compromise.

I vote for the latter option.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
I say it again and said it before..
I don't see a problem making all new concept ( or any) ship LTI for store credit or any other mean than just on the warbond...
Give the LTI, perk and all that comes with it, but you can only gift a Warbond bought pack/ship a purchase that is done with 100% new money.
All other purchase is locked to your account and can not be gifted... Would solve a lot of overbuying to sell later..
(buyback is still mostly 99% new money)
So if some one want to buy up a lot with real money and sell... so be it..
I say...
Yeah that is awesome new money = GOOD!
No matter who or reason..
New money is new money. That is what building the game right!..

Short version:... New money = you can gift it
Any other mean of payment as in credits, giftcard credits..= You can not gift it.
Only way to gift = new money
All other option bind it to the account..
Simple..

:beers: :beer: :beers:

Gucci

Space Marshal
Nov 17, 2015
RSI Handle
Ras-al-Ghul
Thank you Glorious Leader!

Chocolate glaze donut, Best donut!

Giftcards:

Gift Cards have a major drawback for companies: Although they practically guarentee a sale, the money is locked until actually spent on something.

Say for instance you get a $50 gift card and spend $48.50. There is still a little $ locked away there doing nothing which the company cannot claim for themselves, as it resides in the gift card and has to be ready to be redeemed as and when it is spent... but the customer can't use it until they either find something for $1.50 or redeem it as partial credit on a future purchase - at which point they have probably forgotten about it (I found $3.75 on my amazon account recently marked as gift-card funds and can't even remember the last time I got an Amazon gift card.) The company has the cash, yeah, but they just cannot use it until its actually spent. It's likely the reason gift cards have expiry dates, or companies would just be sat there on a hill of pennies until judgment day.

I am not sure if CIG has the same issue, do gift cards turn into Store Credits for you to use independently or is it actually redeemed from the card voucher/voucher code?

If it turns into store credit, I would argue it is not actually a gift card, as there is no separation between "Store credit" (as you may get from any store in the event of, for instance, a complaint or a return of a product) and the independent gift card funds which are the card purchasers money set aside to be spent by the eventual holder of that gift card.

If someone sent me $25 in a gift card for my birthday (a couple of days ago), there is $25 of fresh money locked in that card until it expires or I spend it.
Actually ,when the gift card is sold oroginally, the company gets all the money, they give the card as a promise to uphold that amount to whoever comes in to use it. This way the company gets 100% of the money, and the onus is on the user to come in and spend the credit, the company loves this because as you said, ppl tend to leave a tiny bit left over or sometimes forget about the GC all together! :slight_smile:

I know this because im a Rocket Surgeon

Forgot your password?