Ship Showdown - The Eliminator.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
At this point, I'm hoping that the reward is a pepto-bismal colored paint job so that nobody in their right mind will want to use it, since this years contest has been worthless except for the Carrack, in my opinion anyways.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
It won't surprise me if CIG announces an "Executive 890J" for those concierge members that have contributed $50k+
If they did, they wouldn't announce it. When you are in the position to be able to contribute 2 years+ of an normal persons average income, you don't necessarily need the publicity of being able to says "Hey look what I've done."

I suspect they would receive a fully upgraded Tech level 3 (or whatever it will eventually be) ship so they can travel the 'Verse in safety free from the worry of pirates, trolls and gankers.

Last edited:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I suspect they would receive a fully upgraded Tech level 3 (or whatever it will eventually be) ship so they can travel the 'Verse in safety free from the worry of pirates, trolls and gankers.
This is true, but always remember, there is no safe space to hide from the playful shenanigans of TEST Squadron. Eventually, it will happen. It is the way.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Original post updated! All style and no substance leaves whales wallowing in woe, as the Valkyrie once again raises a war-cry and rides on to the Semi-Final!

Today, Round 3 Semi Finals! Bout 1 of 2: The Carrack vs the Eclipse!

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Carrack vs Eclips... cam'on this is not a round... is like a pro-wrestler bully a 6yr old kid...

Kind of a surprise instead for the Valkyrie actually: it is a good ship but the 890j has a lot more possible gameplay in it. I suspect that the paywall that shiled it has defenetly take is toll here along with the actual manageability of the Vakyrie over the 890j (more spawning location, easy to pilot and land, less fuel consumtion... and so on)

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Original post updated! The votes are in, Eclipse takes the win with an eventual 1.6k more votes.
Na-uh, the Twitter poll had it that the Gladius won...
...obviously, Twitter is NOT a reliable source for any sort of info
Twitter Polls.PNG

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Na-uh, the Twitter poll had it that the Gladius won...
...obviously, Twitter is NOT a reliable source for any sort of info
View attachment 18764
I cannot comprehend why one would run an unofficial poll alongside an official one... A ground for confusion, no?

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I'm calling Valk and Carrack for the final. Carrack winner. As much as I love the Black, I think the Valk will beat her.
I second this prediction. As much as our blind owl might be a drunkard he is also an owl and they are after all known for their wisdom.
It's an interesting call... It's easy to assume the Cutlass following will carry it through, but looking at the numbers... Well, the Valkyrie does have higher votes than the Black in both of it's rounds...

You guys might just be on to something... :like:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Original post updated! The Carrack now carries the expectation of glory upon its shoulders and to no ones surprise eclipsed The Eclipse in predictable style!

Today, Round 3 Semi Finals! Bout 2 of 2: The Cutlass Black vs The Valkyrie!

The Valk takes an early lead, and a dark-horse contender that takes all unawares encounters it's most poularist threat yet - but as it is basically a bigger Anvil version of the Cutlass, does the Drake second-favourite have a hope while it's stablemate Caterpillar already languishes in the dust?

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
A few hours in and only 787 votes separate our contenders - will the early lead carry the Valkyrie to victory or will, as more time zones awaken round the world, lend their love to the Drake staple?

1600798214461.png

Forgot your password?