TEST Fitness?

Harkuno

Sticker King
May 14, 2015
RSI Handle
Harkuno
Hi all :slight_smile:

Remembering back to last year, we had a thread by Hero9012 asking if any TESTies were trying to be more active (link here).

Seeing as this year I'm taking part in multiple Tough Mudder events and building up my own fitness, I kinda want to share my current training programme to see what you all think, and so you can post your own too :slight_smile:

Current programme:

I do cardio sessions on monday and saturday in addition to this :)

and a pic of me in action :P

Last edited:

SPRNinja

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
SPRNinja
I cant be bothered typing up my full excersize plan, but I'm an endomorph and find it really hard to lose fat, so I used to do loads of low impact cardio... But I got bored of trying to get thinner doing cardio so i said fuck it and started doing powerlifting stuff...
Ill usually do about an hour a day of weights, then half an hour of cardio.

Monday; Chest/bis/tris
Tuesday; Legs
Wednesday; Shoulders/upper back
Thursday; Core
Friday; Rest and cheat day
Saturday; Army fitness test practice
Sunday; Extended low impact cardio

All days except friday I have a 2300 calorie limit

Im 5'9 and about 200lbs
Currently benching 165
squat 220
deadlift 220
all 5 x 5's
I've 1rm'd a 220lb bench and 310 squat

DarthMatter

Space Marshal
Jul 18, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMatter
I took a note from the Saitama-workout a few years ago and started doing 50 sit-ups and 50 push-ups every night, as regular training is often influenced by finals and deadlines.
Now I have a 8-pack.

I try and get 2-3 workouts a week of either 10km roller-skiing (cross-country with wheels) or going to the gym (2.5km running on treadmill+some weights on machines). I used to work out a lot more before university.... :'(

Harkuno

Sticker King
May 14, 2015
RSI Handle
Harkuno
I cant be bothered typing up my full excersize plan, but I'm an endomorph and find it really hard to lose fat, so I used to do loads of low impact cardio... But I got bored of trying to get thinner doing cardio so i said fuck it and started doing powerlifting stuff...
Ill usually do about an hour a day of weights, then half an hour of cardio.

Monday; Chest/bis/tris
Tuesday; Legs
Wednesday; Shoulders/upper back
Thursday; Core
Friday; Rest and cheat day
Saturday; Army fitness test practice
Sunday; Extended low impact cardio

All days except friday I have a 2300 calorie limit

Im 5'9 and about 200lbs
Currently benching 165
squat 220
deadlift 220
all 5 x 5's
I've 1rm'd a 220lb bench and 310 squat

that's quite the workout regime! No idea what body type I am myself, never really looked into it :) (I'm 6ft 3 and currently weigh 186lbs)

The best fitness!

I took a note from the Saitama-workout a few years ago and started doing 50 sit-ups and 50 push-ups every night, as regular training is often influenced by finals and deadlines.
Now I have a 8-pack.

I try and get 2-3 workouts a week of either 10km roller-skiing (cross-country with wheels) or going to the gym (2.5km running on treadmill+some weights on machines). I used to work out a lot more before university.... :'(
Be careful, you might end up too strong and getting bored :D
Also, is roller skiing like roller skates but longer? never heard if it before :)

DarthMatter

Space Marshal
Jul 18, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMatter
Be careful, you might end up too strong and getting bored :smile:
Also, is roller skiing like roller skates but longer? never heard if it before :slight_smile:
Yeah, kinda. They have a spring-lock thing in the back-wheel that prevents them from rolling backwards, so you can still use your legs :)

DarthMatter

Space Marshal
Jul 18, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMatter
Do they sell 8-packs at Systembolaget ? :grin:
Of course! But it's cheaper to drive over to Denmark and get one ;)

((I actually don't know... Haven't been there yet (turning 23, so I am allowed) as I don't drink alcohol. :P ))

SweetDee

Vice Admiral
Jan 7, 2017
RSI Handle
SweetDee
3ish years ago I started to get serial about diet and some exercise as people I knew at age 30 were dying off. Scared me shitless for a bit, but I kept up a habit of home exercises monday-friday, plus I halved my beer consumption during the week (I KNOW WTF!).

I'm down to one drink a day, and in my 20's it was much worse...like scary worse. Weekends I let loose a decent amount, but in my 30's it not the drinking that hurts...its the next fucking day, so I pound water before bed.

What's really cray is how much weight booze adds to the body. I used to average 175lbs in college, then when I changed my diet I went down to 165ish, and now that I'm drinking less during the weekdays I weighed myself at 159lb! However I have some messed up metabolism and can gain/lose 5 pounds in a day.

I'm tall (6'1") so I really need to add weight in a healthy way somehow...

SPRNinja

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
SPRNinja
3ish years ago I started to get serial about diet and some exercise as people I knew at age 30 were dying off. Scared me shitless for a bit, but I kept up a habit of home exercises monday-friday, plus I halved my beer consumption during the week (I KNOW WTF!).

I'm down to one drink a day, and in my 20's it was much worse...like scary worse. Weekends I let loose a decent amount, but in my 30's it not the drinking that hurts...its the next fucking day, so I pound water before bed.

What's really cray is how much weight booze adds to the body. I used to average 175lbs in college, then when I changed my diet I went down to 165ish, and now that I'm drinking less during the weekdays I weighed myself at 159lb! However I have some messed up metabolism and can gain/lose 5 pounds in a day.

I'm tall (6'1") so I really need to add weight in a healthy way somehow...
One beer is generally 100-150 calories, so if u have say, 3 beers in an evening thats 300-500 calories. And thats as much as eating another small meal. It really really makes a difference

SweetDee

Vice Admiral
Jan 7, 2017
RSI Handle
SweetDee
One beer is generally 100-150 calories, so if u have say, 3 beers in an evening thats 300-500 calories. And thats as much as eating another small meal. It really really makes a difference
And I drink the kind of beer that will make sure I die penniless, so I doubt they are only 100-150 calories a piece.

Harkuno

Sticker King
May 14, 2015
RSI Handle
Harkuno
just thought I'd expand a bit on my workout schedule as I only posted two days worth :)

Monday - Boxercizing (1hr)
Tuesday - Rest / Jiu Jitsu (1.5hr)
Wednesday - Workout day 1 (1hr)
Thursday - Workout day 2 (1hr)
Friday - Rest day
Saturday - Cardio session & Boxercizing (2hr total)
Sunday - Jiu Jitsu (1.5hr)

The cardio session on Saturday mornings can be optional, depending on my work shift on Friday - I don't get enough sleep if i've done a late finishing shift (10pm or 11pm finish). It's a difficult session, done outside up and down a nearby hill :) Boxercizing is then done immediately after for added effect :D

Harkuno

Sticker King
May 14, 2015
RSI Handle
Harkuno
I don't work out anymore. I just mostly watch my calorie intake so I don't turn into a fat piece of shit.
watching what you eat is a great way to keep weight under control :) Remembering to drink enough water also helps. Managed to go from 213lbs at the beginning of 2016, down to 192lbs by the first half of April by doing this (admittedly with some cardio sessions in the last few weeks of March)

Forgot your password?