TEST NorthWest

Krystal LeChuck

Meme Meister
Staff member
Officer
Jun 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Krystal
100% discounts for people that come in the store wearing TEST colours and logo! Discounts can be given in the form of cake after they finish a series of scientific experiments!

Reactions: CitizenDad

Flashwit

Space Marshal
Nov 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Flashwit
Cool, I'm sure I'll be in Portland again sometime. I had a great time last time I was there with the large amount of breweries we hit up.

The damn zoo was renovating the elephant section though! It was a travesty.

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd
100% discounts for people that come in the store wearing TEST colours and logo! Discounts can be given in the form of cake after they finish a series of scientific experiments!
This is actually true. Sort of. I have personally bought several rounds for testbros and @Commander Kip has some seriously cool stuffs in the works. Also, this is pretty much just going to end up being where all of us PDX TESTBROS [New Sub Forum Name?] hang and chill so of course crazy coupons and shit are going to be had!

Make no mistake, we are DOWN with TEST, and will do some serious hookingup of testbros (Not THAT kind of hooking up sickos).

Clowdy Howdy

Captain
Jan 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Clowdy Howdy
I've really got to hit this place up soon. I'm in Vancouver, but I don't have a car so its not very easy to swing that far south.

Have you guys considered showing the Dota 2 International this year?

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
Wow nice bar. :eek:

It could use design input for the furniture and placement and anti glare screen spray supply, but overal an amazing bar. :)

TheZekk

Space Marshal
Mar 23, 2015
RSI Handle
Zekk
Only way I'd wind up there was some sort of major natural disaster. But if that happens I'll have to stop by

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd
I've really got to hit this place up soon. I'm in Vancouver, but I don't have a car so its not very easy to swing that far south.

Have you guys considered showing the Dota 2 International this year?
It is my plan to show EVERY major esports event and do an event for the big ones like Dota 2 Championships, LoL LCS, SC2 WCS, etc. But, honestly this place is not ideal and we are pursuing some other options, and considering our expansion.

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd
Wow nice bar. :eek:

It could use design input for the furniture and placement and anti glare screen spray supply, but overal an amazing bar. :)
A few steps ahead of you. Stay tuned for a thread on this very thing. Perhaps on the RSI Forums but since you brought it up sir:

Imagine a Bar, in real life, that you can go to and play video games at, that is inspired by:

And/Or:

And/Or the Asteroid Hangar perhaps:

And of course, my TEST NW HQ is going to have a 24/7 Livestream Channel on Twitch (HD and in 4K when Twitch allows), showing the Org's Fishtank mwahaha, it will be shown on one of our BenQ or Samsung 4K Display's.

Munken

Game Master
Staff member
Jan 1, 2014
RSI Handle
MunkenTEST
Sorry for dropping in on this thread so late.

If no when i get my sorry ass dragged over for a visit of Murica i will make sure to visit you guys!

Lonestar the Kilrathi

Rear Admiral
Aug 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Lonestar the Kilrathi
wow, that's pretty awesome. I've always thought this kind of thing would be a good idea, but back in the 90s a friend of mine ran a Doom 2 LAN in the back of his computer shop at night and would sell beverages and food and stuff and he was ultimately served with a cease and desist letter from Id software. He quit selling food and drinks because they claimed he was profiting off of the doom brand or something. ultimately he had to stop doing the LAN at his business altogether.

But, that was in 94 and things have changed a lot, and with streaming and all that these days it kinda proves to me that something like what you're doing is allowable now.

Good luck with it, seems like a really fun kind of business to operate. i'm sorry i won't be there for the first drunken neckbeard tantrum

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd
wow, that's pretty awesome. I've always thought this kind of thing would be a good idea, but back in the 90s a friend of mine ran a Doom 2 LAN in the back of his computer shop at night and would sell beverages and food and stuff and he was ultimately served with a cease and desist letter from Id software. He quit selling food and drinks because they claimed he was profiting off of the doom brand or something. ultimately he had to stop doing the LAN at his business altogether.

But, that was in 94 and things have changed a lot, and with streaming and all that these days it kinda proves to me that something like what you're doing is allowable now.

Good luck with it, seems like a really fun kind of business to operate. i'm sorry i won't be there for the first drunken neckbeard tantrum
Hey thanks you sir! And we have a lot of work ahead of us and stuff but we'll figure it out and work within the markets constraints to make some money and have a blast doing what we love to do.

Lonestar the Kilrathi

Rear Admiral
Aug 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Lonestar the Kilrathi
Hey thanks you sir! And we have a lot of work ahead of us and stuff but we'll figure it out and work within the markets constraints to make some money and have a blast doing what we love to do.
i like your retail stuff as well, the vaporizers seem like a perfect fit for that crowd. and equipment too. very nice.

What sorts of challenges has this business presented you?

Forgot your password?