TEST NorthWest

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
Slumlord, just so you know, I actually do not believe nVidia "supports" gaming more than they do believe that the gaming masses are for milking the cash off of.

Do you know why? nVidia has never really put enough effort into kickstarting industry innovations (they do, but not as much as AMD has, and most of the time, it's almost always specific to their hardware and never hardware agnostic).

AMD Mantle? That led to Microsoft getting off their asses and working on DX12.

There's also quite a few other examples, but I can't remember them at the moment, but it's generally my view that AMD is the one that starts the ball rolling, and nVidia tends to "steal" the ball and run with it. If it weren't for AMD, we'd still be trapped in the era of nVidia PhysX exclusivity and technological stagnation (where would the consoles be without AMD?).

But all in all, great setup you're running here. :p

Reactions: Modeeper

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd
Slumlord, just so you know, I actually do not believe nVidia "supports" gaming more than they do believe that the gaming masses are for milking the cash off of.

Do you know why? nVidia has never really put enough effort into kickstarting industry innovations (they do, but not as much as AMD has, and most of the time, it's almost always specific to their hardware and never hardware agnostic).

AMD Mantle? That led to Microsoft getting off their asses and working on DX12.

There's also quite a few other examples, but I can't remember them at the moment, but it's generally my view that AMD is the one that starts the ball rolling, and nVidia tends to "steal" the ball and run with it. If it weren't for AMD, we'd still be trapped in the era of nVidia PhysX exclusivity and technological stagnation (where would the consoles be without AMD?).

But all in all, great setup you're running here. :p
As someone who has been working with Nvidia and AMD for quite sometime I can assure you that you are off here. This is rare I know! /s :p but yeah, AMD is well, like I said I won't work with them if I do not have to. Nvidia meanwhile is a freaking PLEASURE and BLESSING to work with.

Now in topic new video!!

Reactions: WarrenPeace

Jhonon1

Space Marshal
Mar 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Jhon-On
Seems AMD's business practices push the industry along but don't necessarily please the consumer. Mantle may have been a great step forward but a weaker public face and NOT PUTTING OUT A GPU FOR GODDAMN EVER make people look at Nvidia more.
If you couldn't tell that second part irks me, I'd like to be forced to choose between super top dog for top dollar and almost-but-not-quite top dog for lots cheaper. Not having that option just makes me look solely at Nvidia's high $ tag :/
Its a similar story in the CPU market, AMD needs to give us something big.

Those network switch's though, mmmmm.

In extra seriousness though those guys at MSI rock, I'm going to see where I can put them in my future build.
And I have some good friends who are a little too peasant-ly, their ascension to the Master Race (and eventually TEST SQWAD) would look good with MSI's badge/colors. Mind if I hit you up when I get those plans a little more nailed down?

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd

Everyone please welcome our new glorious TESTNW Co-Founder: @Fisa9 !

This is his Intro Link:
https://testsquadron.com/threads/from-pakistan-to-portland-and-soon-to-the-verse.4094/

Expect to see a lot more of these intro's in here because we are recruiting daily here at TEST NW. People's minds are being blown each and every time we give them the "WTF is Star Citizen" Recruitment Intro. It's freaking awesome. Fisa has already signed up two people today woooot!

Reactions: EpilepticCricket

Fenrig

Rear Admiral
May 25, 2015
RSI Handle
Fenrig
God I want to take a weekend off and come down to PDX just to stay there until I have to go back to work.

Reactions: CitizenDad

UnderSc0re

Space Marshal
Mar 17, 2015
RSI Handle
UnderSc0re
For TEST NW yo.

Slum,

What's the price on that 4790k, a decent mobo, and maybe a RM750i? I've been pricing stuff for a month and curious before possible July 4th deals. Here's my current plan (Russian approved) with a few parts already included.

upload_2015-7-1_2-9-13.png

Attachments

Annitias

Minister of Propaganda
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Oct 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Annitias
Slum,

What's the price on that 4790k, a decent mobo, and maybe a RM750i? I've been pricing stuff for a month and curious before possible July 4th deals. Here's my current plan (Russian approved) with a few parts already included.

View attachment 789
All of that was good but please,replace the ram. That is C11 stuff that has issues at its rated speed. Look for C9 2133.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark

UnderSc0re

Space Marshal
Mar 17, 2015
RSI Handle
UnderSc0re
All of that was good but please,replace the ram. That is C11 stuff that has issues at its rated speed. Look for C9 2133.
Will do. I thought that's the one you said to go with last night.

G.Skill ???

Also @WarrenPeace I was originally looking at that ram too. If I went with the Krait mobo instead silver and white would look pretty nice.

Last edited:

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd
Slum,

View attachment 789
This is not how it works and Russian knows his stuff, however we have strategic partnerships in place that ensure the best value is had. Ask @WarrenPeace how it works and I am sure he will tell you. PM though if you want the TESTBRO hook up though. Our companies are growing quickly and this will benefit all of us TESTies here in the US. Strategic Partnerships are my specialty and this will enable TEST to become even moar awesome, and even moar bigger :cool:

Best Regards,

Slum

dubbzy

Admiral
Dec 23, 2014
RSI Handle
dubbzy104
So I recently saw on a different thread that I should post here to be added to the Test NW group. I don't know when/if I will be able to make it down to Portland from Seattle, but at least add me to the group!

Maybe I'll go down to Portland when the Seahawks play the... oh :(

Tortilla the Hun

Grand Admiral
Jul 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Tortilla_the_Hun
I believe I had also heard that this is where people go to become a left Testie. Sorry, Northwest Testie.

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd
Please PM myself, @Fisa9 and we'll set it up. Currently under redesign and it's a total WIP so don't get too excited but we'll show you a good time when you are here.

This is what we are playing with today. Doing some testing and thanks to our boys at MSI for hooking us up with ANOTHER Z97M, and ANOTHER 980Ti for some more Star Citizen Testing.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?