The Acolyte

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I’m focusing on the reviews that seem to come from sympathetic sources. First three all said they liked episodes 1 and 2, but hated 3. Complaints are:

The twins aren’t likable. They’re not sympathetic toward one another. They fight all the time. They undermine the audience’s need to sympathize with at least one of them as adults.

It’s boring. Reviewers snoozing to illustrate how bad this was.

One viewer so far has complained that it appears we’re supposed to see the Jedi in an unflattering light, but that we don’t. Too little information to actually blame them the way the narrative appears wants us to.

Lots of complaints that The Message is much more important than telling a story and the story thus sucks. This even from one reviewer who is pro- Message.

Really bad reviews. Tomorrow is going to be a whirlwind of culture war activity on the web. Disney, you brought this upon yourself. Why didn’t you just give us a good story?

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I’m focusing on the reviews that seem to come from sympathetic sources. [etc]

- Edited to remove post as I have nothing of value to contribute, I have not seen and don't have access to this series, I can't tell if the quoted reviewers opinions are accurate compared to what's going on in the show -

Last edited:

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
So here are a couple guys who liked episodes 1 and 2, and like 3 even better. They like and praise Headlund and treat her as visionary.

From them, their take away as they share after watching the episode is, that the Jedi have become “draconian, twisted, controlling and corrupt”. They are essentially evil. Neither of these guys show any discomfort at this very melodramatic switch happening before their eyes. The good guys become bad, they notice and have not a single complaint. This series was made for people just like this.

This has been my complaint from the start. I do not believe Headlund has the right to so twist the IP as to present the Jedi as evil. It makes me sick and anyone else who has loved the franchise since 1977 is going to be sick about this too.

You can argue that the Jedi are not corrupt, but it doesn’t matter. These guys say that’s what they took away from this and they’re cool with it.

I’m sick about this in the same way it makes me sick when guys like these decide that because the crowd says so, they should tear down that stature of Abraham Lincoln. The idea of respect for someone else or their work never enters their minds. There is only self-absorbed hubris, entitlement and narcissism.

Is it the end of Star Wars? Probably for the most part. The life long fans will bid it farewell and the Younglings will never understand what they missed—a classic story about right and wrong where the good guys wear white hat and the bad guys wear black hats. This is the end of an era.

C’est domage.

View: https://youtu.be/Zux0GH4MA8I?si=0DO0i3Sd8Rq8NC5P

Last edited:

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
The breakdowns I’ve been viewing have more theories to offer than I can count. So, one thing I have to say is, this series is succeeding in its role as a mystery. Certainly, all is not as it seems.

That doesn’t make the greedy for change attitudes okay. Count me at odds with anyone who wants the Jedi painted as villains. However, we’re a long way from them being villains. If the second Jedi Mae went after hadn’t killed himself, I don’t think anyone would be guessing the Jedi had a part in the death of the coven.

Jedi killing themselves. . .George will have a fit over that one.

On the death of the coven. . .we should note they were not chopped up by lightsabers, and they were not burned by a fire. Something else killed them. Perhaps a poison made from that willow looking tree, we were told is poisonous? Else why tell us?

Whatever it is with the witch coven, they do appear to be dark side users, what they’re doing seems to be counted by outsiders as black magic, Mae seems to be affiliated with the dark, murder and strife; while Ohsha seems to be affiliated with the light.

They don’t like each other, even a little bit. Reminds me of me, and my evil twin the pharma lawyer.

While I do detest selling the notion that there is no right and wrong, I’ll confess the mystery has me now and I want to see it solved. Great way to keep an audience, even when the dialog sucks so bad.

Last edited:

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
So after episode 3 I thought it would be worth looking again at the audience rating at rotten tomatoes. Continuing the down-trend, we’re at 23%, down from 28 the day before and 31 originally. The more people who watch, the worse it does. 23% approval seems record breaking.

However, Bob Iger has finally found a fix. They’re going to do a reshoot and edit before next week and insert Sydney Sweeney as a Jedi. Isn’t that great?!

Last edited:

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
So I post a positive point that episode 3 is succeeding as a mystery and I want to wait for some answers. Garonman doesn’t read the post but reposts one of Han’s harassment posts, and the Han and Aram both like it.

Do we need any more evidence that these three are all bullies and stalkers? If you’re not reading the thread you’re certainly not replying to anyone. This is pure harassment. It does not belong in this forum.

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
So I post a positive point that episode 3 is succeeding as a mystery and I want to wait for some answers. Garonman doesn’t read the post but reposts one of Han’s harassment posts, and the Han and Aram both like it.

Do we need any more evidence that these three are all bullies and stalkers? If you’re not reading the thread you’re certainly not replying to anyone. This is pure harassment. It does not belong in this forum.
You're talkin' to the wind, dipshit. Gotta love how the over-opinionated baby cries bullying when you feel yourself losing the conversation. Evidence: Look how many people have interacted with the 43 videos you've posted in this thread. We aren't interested. Go outside.

• Glorious
Reactions: Garonman

Garonman

Captain
Oct 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Garonman5
You're talkin' to the wind, dipshit. Gotta love how the over-opinionated baby cries bullying when you feel yourself losing the conversation. Evidence: Look how many people have interacted with the 43 videos you've posted in this thread. We aren't interested. Go outside.
The guy has some serious issues. It's actually sad to see.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Hi, would you like me to raise your concerns to Moderation? I know it's scary to approach authority as Glorious as TEST staff for some people, but they're really not that bad.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
As for incendiary comments, once upon a time there was a certain Derrick Smart (yes, that one) who came here and provoked negative responses. They then used those comments against TEST and SC as a whole, without the context of the things they had said to provoke those reactions, portraying TEST as a toxic environment.

TESTies, even though provoked, restrain yourselves and approach topics in a most GLORIOUS style no matter the provocation. Rising to provocation does nothing but provide your provocateur with ammunition to use against you..

Reactions: Shadow Reaper

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I would just like the three of them to grow up and act like adults. Aram has been doing this for ages and the other two constantly for a week. There is another entire thread devoted to the same subject which I have left alone so these three will stop harassing me, yet it continues. It really needs to stop. There is nothing wrong with noting what is happening with the biggest blowout is Disney Star Wars history and they seem so distraught they can’t control themselves. Shades of Emperor Palpatine: “the hate is swelling in you now. . .”

If we’re to live in a liberal society, we have to practice tolerance. Far better they choose this and show us all they are adults, than have some moderation hammer take that choice from them.

Just leave me alone, guys. Live and let live.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I would just like the three of them to grow up and act like adults. Aram has been doing this for ages and the other two constantly for a week. There is another entire thread devoted to the same subject which I have left alone so these three will stop harassing me, yet it continues. It really needs to stop. There is nothing wrong with noting what is happening with the biggest blowout is Disney Star Wars history and they seem so distraught they can’t control themselves. Shades of Emperor Palpatine: “the hate is swelling in you now. . .”

If we’re to live in a liberal society, we have to practice tolerance. Far better they choose this and show us all they are adults, than have some moderation hammer take that choice from them.

Just leave me alone, guys. Live and let live.
If I see another accusation of bullying I will be reporting it to moderation for their kind attention on your behalf. Bullying is serious as is accusing others of bullying and it should not be levied lightly. If you feel you are being bullied it is for moderation to investigate, judge and act accordingly - remember Moderations decisions are final.

I have asked others not to rise to topics you yourself admit you have no direct experience of while they have, and to restrain their responses perceived provocation in line with the candour all TESTies should expect to get and give.

I believe this is fair and even to all parties, if anyone has any issue with my requests please send all correspondence to my direct/private message inbox on here or make it a topic in The Outside philosophy derail thread, where I will be happy to discuss further.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Remind me what happened with Smart? The name is familiar. Was he bashing SC here in the forum? How did we get rid of him?
Enjoy:

EDIT - Link redacted and sent via PM, it doesn't need the amplification. - EDIT

The above has been moderated so not all parts will make total sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shadow Reaper
Forgot your password?