The MISC Prospector Concept sale will go live on April 22nd, 2016 for the introductory price of $140

Will you buy the MISC Prospector?

• Yes (concept sale)

Votes: 42 60.0%
  • Yes (lateron, when its hangar or flight ready)

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • No

Votes: 25 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Laramos

Space Marshal
Feb 25, 2015
RSI Handle
Laramos
I think i will wait and buy it in game, after my first or second haul with my orion.
Price is pretty high up there, and it is a bit of a niche for mining.

Reactions: Blind Owl

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
I have to say that I'm not really having a clue what to do or not to do in the later live PU. But I can imagine that it could be a good start dealing with a Freelancer (MAX) for transportation and/or a Prospector for mining operations. Perhaps the Prospector can do the mining whereas the Lancer can pass by and pick up some mined ore...? No one knows. But based on that idea I probably can lateron finance myself a larger trading vessel or else, whatever will be available. And for the fun the Aquila; for the quick money the Stalker; perhaps to be updated lateron, but for the start it'll do. That said, I cannot believe that I've spended THAT amount of money for a computer game which isn't released at this point of time. (and I think that I am not alone with this kind of disbelief...)

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
That said, I cannot believe that I've spended THAT amount of money for a computer game which isn't released at this point of time. (and I think that I am not alone with this kind of disbelief...)
Right there with you. I've spent so much on the game and.computer upgrades and I'm not even done!

But putting it in perspective for myself, I've only spent maybe a week and a half's pay. And I'm ok with that. I've got a good job now but little time. So I want my SC time to be spent having fun instead of grinding credits to get these ships. Not to mention grinding credits to pay for insurance!

The amount you have spent is relative to your situation and no one can tell you it's right or wrong.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Hey how much is a good set of golf clubs these days? Yeh that's you're PC and all you spent on SC right there for a few bits of bent metal, and that's before we go into spending the dollars on the reeeee-diculous jumpers and trousers, oh and renting a stupid tiny electric milk float, oh and the membership fee for the club, oh and the Jaaaaaaaaaaaguar to carry you're clubs in the boot.. need I go on?.

We all have our hobbies! Re-reading the above, star citizen is starting to look far less ridiculous! :D

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Right there with you. I've spent so much on the game and.computer upgrades and I'm not even done!

But putting it in perspective for myself, I've only spent maybe a week and a half's pay. And I'm ok with that. I've got a good job now but little time. So I want my SC time to be spent having fun instead of grinding credits to get these ships. Not to mention grinding credits to pay for insurance!

The amount you have spent is relative to your situation and no one can tell you it's right or wrong.
Thats for sure: if I wouldn't believe in the vision of Chris Roberts - and hadn't the gaming experience of his games in the 90s - I wouldn't have spent 1 ugly coin for this game. But as said before: I am happy to be part nearly from the beginning and okay with spending the money (even for a forum which never happened before in my life) and if its only to get into the full gaming experience lateron without too much grinding for the first bigger ship. But nevertheless, we all will grind at least a little bit because grinding can be fun. And what else is mining than not grinding...? ;)

Reactions: Grimbli

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
I got that Orion in the bag! Here's my application:
"I own all the vessel types except salvage and medical. My preferred system is where you need me, and the operations I perform there are the ones that you require me to perform. I exist to turn a profit for my employer, which in turn results in profits for me. To this end, I propose that I work for you in each of your departments, without compensation, until you find the right niche for me(and you). With the exception of combat flying(I consider myself to be only slightly above average as a combat pilot, my only testament to that is my survival of 2 combat tours with only 16 victories) my skill set is diverse and of the highest quality, specializing in mining, hauling and logistics. References, curriculum vitae and [REDACTED]military records available on request. Thank you for the opportunity to apply for a position in such an august and esteemed organization. I look forward to your reply. D.M. Gunslinger, Captain, UEE Navy (retired)"
Yeah, Yeah I padded the resume a bit, and threw in a little brown nosing, but now all I have to do is detox like a beast for the drug test! Oh, do you think they'll read this?

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Hello there. Who's an adorable little mining ship? That's right! It's you!

Ladies and gents, may I present to you the newest addition to my (shameful) fleet, the MISC Prospector Git Rokt

Thugari

Space Marshal
Mar 11, 2016
RSI Handle
Thugari
Well I applied, the just of the application was this.

Nothing like getting your hands dirty so to speak. A hard days work for a hard days pay is all I ask. Ore is what makes the universe go round. without it there will be no metal for exploration, munitions, you name it. We miners are the true blood of the universe. All else fails, I will glue little plastic eyes and antenna on these rocks and sell pet rock monsters to the people of the verse.

Floating Cloud

Space Marshal
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Floating_Cloud
FUNDS RAISED
$112,635,509
So not quite 1/3 of a million dollars after the first 19 hours on sale. Or about 2250 Prospectors (if all money had gone on that ship) ;)
When you consider that a huge number of buyers (if we are anything to go by) at least part-offset the cost of the Prospector by melting existing ships, I wouldn't be surprised if that count shouldn't be 50% or more higher.

That's a lot of virtual tin.

Forgot your password?