The MISC Prospector Concept sale will go live on April 22nd, 2016 for the introductory price of $140

Will you buy the MISC Prospector?

• Yes (concept sale)

Votes: 42 60.0%
  • Yes (lateron, when its hangar or flight ready)

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • No

Votes: 25 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
I absolutely expected this to be much smaller and much cheaper. To me, a Freelancer-scale ship is not a starter ship. It's your first real step into the multi crew ship world. I'm not saying I'm not gonna buy it, but I'll have to see what it looks like first.
The thing is if its the size of a mustang why would anyone ever use it for mining? you cut one chunk off the size of a human and its off to station to drop it in your hangar. The size of Freelancer or Coni is perfect in that it can hold a decent amount of what you mine and its large enough that you can actually have enough power to run a large mining laser and tractor beam.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
The thing is if its the size of a mustang why would anyone ever use it for mining? you cut one chunk off the size of a human and its off to station to drop it in your hangar. The size of Freelancer or Coni is perfect in that it can hold a decent amount of what you mine and its large enough that you can actually have enough power to run a large mining laser and tractor beam.
I've no problem with a larger size ship, but I wouldn't call it a starter ship. that's the bit that irks me.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I've no problem with a larger size ship, but I wouldn't call it a starter ship. that's the bit that irks me.
Thats why they don't call it a 'starter'. From the beginning they said this was a different ship than the Terrapin(which who knows when we will get if at all). I expected it to be a 2 person ship though.

Phantomoftruth

Space Marshal
Feb 14, 2016
RSI Handle
PhantomofTruth
I don't remember CIG(Ben or other) claiming is was 'Starter', perhaps a "starting" Miner, but not actually saying "starter" to compare with Mustang/Aurora. They could have said so while I was sleep-depped.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Thats why they don't call it a 'starter'. From the beginning they said this was a different ship than the Terrapin(which who knows when we will get if at all). I expected it to be a 2 person ship though.
That's fair enough, I think I confused the two in my mind. My salt is withdrawn somewhat.

JackAvalon

Space Marshal
Nov 26, 2015
RSI Handle
Jack_Avalon
So where exactly is this being said? I have yet to find or see this anywhere.

They have stated if you like the lines of the Freelancer you will love this ship. Not saying its the size but has the MISC look through and through.
They have said its capable of single man mining.
They have said its more capable and practical for planetary mining than an orion.
It will be 140.
It will release on the 22nd.
Let me get back to you on that. I recall Ben Lesnick saying something about it having salvaging capabilities. Give me a day or two to find the reference as sifting thru ATV and RTV plus forum posts is a tedious process.

Schmunkel

Space Marshal
Jul 2, 2014
RSI Handle
schmunkel
Wouldn't it have been a wiser choice for CIG to wait on this ship sale until the mining mechanic was introduced? They could have had this further along and shown a real need for it once we all realized how inefficient it was to mine in an Auroura. I know the ships generate funds, but we need a spark of real activities in the game at this point that can then encourage more sales.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Wouldn't it have been a wiser choice for CIG to wait on this ship sale until the mining mechanic was introduced? They could have had this further along and shown a real need for it once we all realized how inefficient it was to mine in an Auroura. I know the ships generate funds, but we need a spark of real activities in the game at this point that can then encourage more sales.
I don't think waiting till it's done to do the ship would've been a good idea, but maybe waiting for cargo. Even if mining is done wed still have to wait for the ship to be finished before we could use it in game.

Phantomoftruth

Space Marshal
Feb 14, 2016
RSI Handle
PhantomofTruth
while we are expecting grabby hands with 2.4, we do not know what, if any, other functions they may throw into that mix. They have a "2.4" that is being internally tested. I believe that many functions we are waiting for they just haven't been talking about, not because they don't know how it will be implemented but that they need persistence to make those functions mean anything. this Quarter and the next could show a rapid fire spew of features that could have us just waiting on a ship to use that feature instead of the ship waiting on the feature.

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
Let me get back to you on that. I recall Ben Lesnick saying something about it having salvaging capabilities. Give me a day or two to find the reference as sifting thru ATV and RTV plus forum posts is a tedious process.
this is taken from the Rock Raiders thread. Apparently it is mentioned by ben in Reverse The Verse that he was not sure but it "may" be able to do salvage.

Correct, he said it MAY be able to do salvage. He wasn't sure yet. I sure hope it can.
I sure hope it cant. Last thing this ship needs is a split identity. Would make it even less desirable to me.

Just makes no sense for the smallest ship in mining to also be a salvage ship. The base ship in a series of ships needs to be focused on one thing. Not split between 2 disciplines.

Reactions: AstroSam

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
Seems to me like someone needs to be in RSI chat for RTV today spamming the question to Ben to confirm if it can salvage or not. And tell him to stop making " I'm not sure " comments as he has been wrong before with these comments.

JackAvalon

Space Marshal
Nov 26, 2015
RSI Handle
Jack_Avalon
this is taken from the Rock Raiders thread. Apparently it is mentioned by ben in Reverse The Verse that he was not sure but it "may" be able to do salvage.

I sure hope it cant. Last thing this ship needs is a split identity. Would make it even less desirable to me.

Just makes no sense for the smallest ship in mining to also be a salvage ship. The base ship in a series of ships needs to be focused on one thing. Not split between 2 disciplines.
You work quickly sir, and thank you for finding this.

Reactions: AstroSam

Xian-Luc Picard

Space Marshal
Jan 9, 2016
RSI Handle
Xian-Luc_Picard
I expected it to be a 2 person ship though.
I would bet that after Foundry 42 is done with it, it will be twice the proposed size and a two seater. I don't think it will be called a "starter ship" as we see it today -- the ship you get after exiting Squadron 42 -- but will be a starter ship for the mining industry once you establish yourself in the PU.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
Well guess I will not be pledging for the prospector.

RTV put out that more than likely the prospector will still come after the Orion. Was hoping to get the prospector to test out the mining. Figured, as did others, that it was going to be the test bed for the mining mechanic.

Guess I'll do it the test way: crash auroras into asteroids to break them up. Open up Connie cargo hold to swoop them in and relax at the pilot (or toliet) seat with bourbon.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
The freelancer is $132 and this is a probably freelancer sized specific mining ship - I don't see what the problem is really.

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
The freelancer is $132 and this is a probably freelancer sized specific mining ship - I don't see what the problem is really.
I think the price point is right for a small miner ship. I think people are twisting the "starter" and comparing it to an aurora and mustang. Edit: and if one uses the coupon for 5 dollars off its only 135 so basically equal to the freelancer.

I'm just glad it's not a vanduul mining ship... Could you imagine the pledge price??

Last edited:

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
RTV put out that more than likely the prospector will still come after the Orion. Was hoping to get the prospector to test out the mining. Figured, as did others, that it was going to be the test bed for the mining mechanic.
That is so gay. They haven't even started on the orion yet and already have multiple MISC ships out which means they already have all the art they need. Why wait for the orion?

Timmy Bone

Commander
Mar 26, 2016
RSI Handle
TimmyBone
Will the prospector sale be LTI? I have an LTI freelancer max I could trade for with no money involved but would that not be worth it since the lancer has LTI?

Forgot your password?