The MISC Prospector Concept sale will go live on April 22nd, 2016 for the introductory price of $140

Will you buy the MISC Prospector?

• Yes (concept sale)

Votes: 42 60.0%
  • Yes (lateron, when its hangar or flight ready)

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • No

Votes: 25 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Nuts to a dedicated mining ship, just give us some heavy hand held Mining Lasers, call them Bazookoids.

I'll name my Connie Star Bug and paint it green, get three other guys and four Bazookoids and go mining manually and fill the Taurus belly with the results of our hard graft. The other dudes will be called Lister, Kryten and The Kat.... Leaving me to be... Rimmer... Ace Rimmer, of course.

Just have to convince them to put Bazookoids in the game and me and the crew will scavenge wrecks and mine some asteroid/s!

Smoke me a kipper etc etc.

Edit COunt: 2

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
I still haven't found the ship to make me go "F YEAH, I want EXACTLY THAT one forever!".
I love MISC the most out of all manufacturers so, if the Prospector is pretty, I'll get one.
I have just that love in the Carrack. :p altho the way they are talking about it I hope they don't fudge it up for me and actually make the snub useful. lol

Love the RSI Handle btw. <RL name is Felix

JackAvalon

Space Marshal
Nov 26, 2015
RSI Handle
Jack_Avalon
Dragonfly will be the new LTI tokens. I'm guessing they'll be between $50-75.
I hope it's not that expensive due to the severely limited applications of the dragonfly. It should be cheaper than the Merlin and most certainly cheaper than the Archimedes. Now on the subject of the Prospector...

I'm OK with the $140 price tag because ultimately as a "starter" ship, fundamentally you have to be able to complete more tasks to use it than maybe an Aurora. For instance an Aurora can fight stuff or haul stuff. A Prospector might have guns but will be able to haul stuff and scan asteroids or even planetary bodies for minerals on top of mining that stuff from the rocks it's imbedded in. Thus it is a much more complex "starter" ship than a true starter ship. At least in order to be used effectively. On top of that, if it is the size of a Freelancer or Constellation then the price in my mind is also justified. Just my thoughts...

JackAvalon

Space Marshal
Nov 26, 2015
RSI Handle
Jack_Avalon
I hope it's not that expensive due to the severely limited applications of the dragonfly. It should be cheaper than the Merlin and most certainly cheaper than the Archimedes. Now on the subject of the Prospector...

I'm OK with the $140 price tag because ultimately as a "starter" ship, fundamentally you have to be able to complete more tasks to use it than maybe an Aurora. For instance an Aurora can fight stuff or haul stuff. A Prospector might have guns but will be able to haul stuff and scan asteroids or even planetary bodies for minerals on top of mining that stuff from the rocks it's imbedded in. Thus it is a much more complex "starter" ship than a true starter ship. At least in order to be used effectively. On top of that, if it is the size of a Freelancer or Constellation then the price in my mind is also justified. Just my thoughts...
Oh and supposedly it can also be used as a small salvaging ship. So yea definitely OK with the $140 price tag.

Flase

Lieutenant
Apr 14, 2016
RSI Handle
flase
the problem with this game is nothing is set in stone so we dont know how crewing the ships is going to work
do we need real life crew or can we man a orion with npc??

i would glady buy an orion but it need a crew of 7 to get maximum ore
i am mostly a solo player so i think i will get the prospector

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
140 is way too much for my budget, but I'm fine with that price. I'll be earning one in game, it will give me another thing to aim for!

As they stated it in a few places, CIG is trying to limit the sale of specialized or large ships by pricing them high enough, otherwise a lot of ppl would start too high in the food chain. They would need to come up with special in-game (starting) experiences if the majority of players would buy into these ships, instead of starting where they were supposed to, with an aurora/300 range ship. It would be like starting any MMO with a mid-max level character and missing all the necessary experience and info to know what to do in the game. It's fine when only a part of the players does that, but it can be a serious issue if everyone does it. There are many many reasons,yadda yadda more reasons why that would be bad in the long run. So I don't think that any ships, that are more capable then a shuttle craft, will come out below 100 bucks in the future.

Fade691

Space Marshal
Donor
Dec 25, 2015
RSI Handle
Fade691
I already have an Orion but I can't resist giving Chris some more money, it's an [ISSUE]. so I am planning on picking one of these up. For the lti if nothing else. I'm not terribly surprised at the price and this will be the cheapest it is ever offered at. Until game release anyway :p

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
Oh and supposedly it can also be used as a small salvaging ship. So yea definitely OK with the $140 price tag.
So where exactly is this being said? I have yet to find or see this anywhere.

They have stated if you like the lines of the Freelancer you will love this ship. Not saying its the size but has the MISC look through and through.
They have said its capable of single man mining.
They have said its more capable and practical for planetary mining than an orion.
It will be 140.
It will release on the 22nd.

Bruzdawg

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruzr
I'm not horrible upset. $140 for what I'm assuming will be a freelancer sized miner; Sounds OK by me. I may keep it, so I have an industry ship. Would be nice to have it heading out with my Carrack to mine samples for the Rock Raiders. Ya know, for prospecting. ;)
My thoughts also....now wouldn't it be sweet if you could attach it to your Connie!

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
I absolutely expected this to be much smaller and much cheaper. To me, a Freelancer-scale ship is not a starter ship. It's your first real step into the multicrew ship world. I'm not saying I'm not gonna buy it, but I'll have to see what it looks like first.

Jhonon1

Space Marshal
Mar 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Jhon-On
I'm already a Concierge and LOVE Industry, it's sold.
There will be griping if it is undersized/performing, But I think they'll do fine.

Forgot your password?