Theorycrafting the Carrack

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
And the Carrack calls to me man. She calls to me . . .
Then submit yourself to her glory. Let her wrap you in the warming embrace that a ship always reserves for its captain. You may not be able to carry as much beer in it as you could the Farer, but you'll be finding a shit-ton more of it with those fancy antennas!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Just wait until we're all paying premium prices for gas. $4/gallon sucks. Park that baby in a busy thoroughfare and you'll be happy for her
Truth. However, the entire mechanic of being a space gas jockey simply doesn't interest me whatsoever. If my game time is going to be limited by real life obligations, then the time I do spend in game, I want to be enjoyable.
Still that's no reason to PAY for your ships. That's bad form.
Haha, indeed. I can melt and have an amazing fleet. Maybe even sell my other game packages from my buy back for future upgrades.
Then submit yourself to her glory. Let her wrap you in the warming embrace that a ship always reserves for its captain. You may not be able to carry as much beer in it as you could the Farer, but you'll be finding a shit-ton more of it with those fancy antennas!
Soon(tm)

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I really hope the Pisces snub/runabout will be able to at least have a Q-drive. Imo it should also have a jump drive so you can explore smaller jump points that the Carrack can't get through.
I asked this question every week for weeks on the "10 for the..." thread. I never did get an answer. I pray it does though.
when a Terrapin and a Carrack love each other very much...
Their love child...a Carrapin?

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
Their love child...a Carrapin?
I believe that love child would be the Pieces :P

With any luck the Carrack gets bigger and we end up with a bay big enough for a Terrapin but we will see. Its dimensions are very similar to the Avenger. So if you want to know about how big it is look at one of those. It is also smaller than every other fighter out there apart from the Mustang and Gladius (in 2 of 3 dimensions).

In order to make it fit one tho and keeping the current size proportional the entire ship would have to grow 1.8 times larger to be able to fit a Terrapin (roughly assuming everything else stays the same.) That is based on the fact it can barely fit a Merlin with its wings folded right now (according to the holo model that is). So nearly doubling in size it would be in the Frigate class at that point and will not happen unless a miracle happens lol.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I believe that love child would be the Pieces :p

With any luck the Carrack gets bigger and we end up with a bay big enough for a Terrapin but we will see. Its dimensions are very similar to the Avenger. So if you want to know about how big it is look at one of those. It is also smaller than every other fighter out there apart from the Mustang and Gladius (in 2 of 3 dimensions).

In order to make it fit one tho and keeping the current size proportional the entire ship would have to grow 1.8 times larger to be able to fit a Terrapin (roughly assuming everything else stays the same.) That is based on the fact it can barely fit a Merlin with its wings folded right now (according to the holo model that is). So nearly doubling in size it would be in the Frigate class at that point and will not happen unless a miracle happens lol.
I'm happy with the Pisces. I don't need a pocket carrier. It's a group play game. If I'm going out in my Carrack, I want a couple others flying on my wing. A Terrapin, a couple fighters. Good lord I can't wait.

Also:
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/331692/the-pisces-is-getting-beefed-up-some-sort-of-new-surprise-and-change-to-carrack-design
Theory craft...
And go!

Malvariuz

Grand Admiral
Aug 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Malvariuz
Nice ! Seems already very large, but I bet it gets much larger, and I have some reasons to support why.

some of why would be that it would in fact make a decent WRECK lore wise AND size wise.
Foundry 42 is working on it.
Big focus on FPS levels around the time it is going to be worked on.

They will most likely make it so two people can walk on all the stairs side by side and in the hallways everywhere, this will force it to become larger, also they will give you enough room to walk along the sides of any storage or vehicles, because of clipping issues and camera angles, because this is a videogame and it wouldn't look good in any presentation unless they did so.

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
So, why don't take the name "fish" I'm asking?

What is the Zodiac?
Not "fish" because "quidquid latine dictum, altum videtur" (anything said in Latin sounds profound). Pisces is the name of the star constellation, like Andromeda, Taurus, Gemini (all Latin names for constellations).
Zodiac refers to astrological birth signs. Fortune telling based on the constellations in view when you were born (more commonly known as mumbo jumbo :rolleyes:).

Forgot your password?