Theorycrafting the Carrack

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Well, "sad" news today, brought to us by Ben:

Ben stated at the end of the vid that die Carrack is one of the few ships which has been planned quite properly. Thus it will not become larger as planned.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl

Ben stated at the end of the vid that die Carrack is one of the few ships which has been planned quite properly. Thus it will not become larger as planned.
That's perfectly OK with me. I don't want her bigger. I want her manageable. And specialized.

Malvariuz

Grand Admiral
Aug 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Malvariuz

I KEEEL YOU!

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake

They also said the hornet v2 was the finished version. Oh and the starfarer wouldnt get any bigge and was right where it needed to be.

Captain

Grand Admiral
Oct 16, 2014
RSI Handle
Dragon_Scales
With 7,000+ Carrack's sold (number's from 2015) - Exploring will not be as isolated as some people may think. It's the same feeling I am getting from my Reclaimer: I.E. That you'll come across this large debris field, and suddenly it will turn into the local Watering Hole.. Ships nibbling way at it from all sides. I think with only a handful of systems - the "Instancing" to curb this effect will be very challenging.

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
With 7,000+ Carrack's sold (number's from 2015) - Exploring will not be as isolated as some people may think. It's the same feeling I am getting from my Reclaimer: I.E. That you'll come across this large debris field, and suddenly it will turn into the local Watering Hole.. Ships nibbling way at it from all sides. I think with only a handful of systems - the "Instancing" to curb this effect will be very challenging.
How many were used at lti fodder though? Melt a similiar price ship buy a carrack, ccu back to ship. Original ship with lti.

Also most of the exploration area are said to be procedurally generated.

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
They have said that they intend to keep the systems populated with things to do. that even the most traveled systems will only be 80% known and even after all the new things are found others will spaun. (not exact numbers have to look up where they said that)
https://testsquadron.com/threads/exploration-guide-what-we-know-so-far.3952/
"To begin with we are told that roughly 70% of the beginning populated systems will be unexplored and they will have systems in place to keep the populated systems containing new things to explore. The only other thing we can find is unknown jump points to new and exciting system but I will go deeper into this later in the thread.
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/650477/#Comment_650477 post RSI forums"

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
What'd they say???

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
What'd they say???
Phew, loooots of things. I try to write down some key aspects:

- is in active production phase and constructed/designed by Foundry42 UK; its their first multi-crew ship they are working on
- very tough structure because of her military origins, but with minor weapon capabilities and comfort
- Ursa Rover and, currently unkown, snub fighter for short distance recon flights
- optional: drone launchers; will be buyable as additional purchase option
- very efficient in the use of QF and fuel in general; kind of "independant", thus capable of "self supply" options and equiped probably with medical and repair bay; rumors say that she will be able to refine fuel for own emergency needs (not capable for doing that like a farer for instance)
- main competency is map star systems, especially unkown jump points or QT routes
- holo radar
- cockpit seats (3 x ) will move forward into the glas front (kind of "railing system")
- glas front can be secured by external metal plates
- the huge antennas and sensors are planned for 100% exactly leveling/adjusting/aligning the Carrack before jumping into an unknown jump hole; this for avoiding accidental/unplanned exits from the jump operation/flight
- modules are currently unknown; presumably there will be several different modules which will be buyable as additional purchase option
- the question is: who can afford a Carrack during live operations? She will be a highly cost-intensive ship which only can be operated with appropriate financial reserves of the owner. Perhaps there will be a reputation system: with a good reputation you perhaps can accept exploration jobs with a good payment (but which will be in non-LTI areas, I assume).
- Without jump-points there will be no sense in releasing the Carrack; therefore the team finally suggests that the Carrack will NOT be released with 3.0

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Phew, loooots of things. I try to write down some key aspects:

- is in active production phase and constructed/designed by Foundry42 UK; its their first multi-crew ship they are working on
- very tough structure because of her military origins, but with minor weapon capabilities and comfort
- Ursa Rover and, currently unkown, snub fighter for short distance recon flights
- optional: drone launchers; will be buyable as additional purchase option
- very efficient in the use of QF and fuel in general; kind of "independant", thus capable of "self supply" options and equiped probably with medical and repair bay; rumors say that she will be able to refine fuel for own emergency needs (not capable for doing that like a farer for instance)
- main competency is map star systems, especially unkown jump points or QT routes
- holo radar
- cockpit seats (3 x ) will move forward into the glas front (kind of "railing system")
- glas front can be secured by external metal plates
- the huge antennas and sensors are planned for 100% exactly leveling/adjusting/aligning the Carrack before jumping into an unknown jump hole; this for avoiding accidental/unplanned exits from the jump operation/flight
- modules are currently unknown; presumably there will be several different modules which will be buyable as additional purchase option
- the question is: who can afford a Carrack during live operations? She will be a highly cost-intensive ship which only can be operated with appropriate financial reserves of the owner. Perhaps there will be a reputation system: with a good reputation you perhaps can accept exploration jobs with a good payment (but which will be in non-LTI areas, I assume).
- Without jump-points there will be no sense in releasing the Carrack; therefore the team finally suggests that the Carrack will NOT be released with 3.0
Cost intensive. I think we kind of expected that. Which is good, means that people will have to think about what they're using their ships for.

The emergency gas refining interests me. A lot.
As well as the holo radar and modules.
Thank you Sam

Forgot your password?