This Week's Concept Sale - MISC Racer The Razor

agathon_orti

Commander
Dec 4, 2016
RSI Handle
agathon orti
I bought one. Well I bought two, so I could CCU one to my new CAT (yep, I'm stupid and I got a fat christmas bonus so I spent more money upgrading my hauling situation). I'll come to my senses and CCU it to something useful when the endorphins wear off :slight_smile:
yep did almost the same, bought herald and the razor for lti melted my cutlass and ccu'd the razor to the cat. and i might upgrade my avenger for a cutlas when the rework is done.

( is there something like Drake anonymous ? )

MikeNificent

Space Marshal
Sep 24, 2016
RSI Handle
MikeNificent
I never really liked drake all that much, but what sold me on the herald was Josh Coons talking on the potential for a mobile science/analysis usage. Makes sense with all that computing and sensor power. The info runner angle is pretty cool too.

I bought the Cutlass because it's versatile.

I bought the dragonfly because I needed something to park inside my DUR/Cutlass

I bought the Cat because my Taurus was only 6 month insurance, so I melted it thinking I was going to get a razor and upgrade to it from that for LTI. Then the CCU wasn't available. In a moment of weakness and impatience, I broke my own rule (no ships bigger than 4 max crew) and upgraded to the Cat instead.

So then I go to update my forum signature and realized I've become a f#@king Drake fan boy...

agathon_orti

Commander
Dec 4, 2016
RSI Handle
agathon orti
I never really liked drake all that much, but what sold me on the herald was Josh Coons talking on the potential for a mobile science/analysis usage. Makes sense with all that computing and sensor power. The info runner angle is pretty cool too.

I bought the Cat because my Taurus was only 6 month insurance, so I melted it thinking I was going to get a razor and upgrade to it from that for LTI. Then the CCU wasn't available. In a moment of weakness and impatience, I broke my own rule (no ships bigger than 4 max crew) and upgraded to the Cat instead.

So then I go to update my forum signature and realized I've become a f#@king Drake fan boy...

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza

Hey, are you me?
I broke my own rule (no ships bigger than 4 max crew) and upgraded to the Cat instead.
I've tried to stick to this same rule, but now I have a Starfarer that I can't melt without losing $105 (from when it got bumped in price). But don't worry, buddy. I'll crew for your Cat and you're welcome to crew on my Starfarer anytime you like. (IF I don't decide to part with it and find a buyer for my Starfarer)

MikeNificent

Space Marshal
Sep 24, 2016
RSI Handle
MikeNificent
Hey, are you me?

I've tried to stick to this same rule, but now I have a Starfarer that I can't melt without losing $105 (from when it got bumped in price). But don't worry, buddy. I'll crew for your Cat and you're welcome to crew on my Starfarer anytime you like. (IF I don't decide to part with it and find a buyer for my Starfarer)
Deal :)

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
No real use for it? It's useful to go fast. It's for what it's made. If you want something else, get something else......
350R, Herald, M50, P72 (which when it appears is supposed to be faster than the P52) the P52, now the Razor... Don't forget the '72, its got the same amount of guns as the 85x...

I just hope if the Raz is fast they keep the 350R faster (Lore and all that, plus i've got one)

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl

Welcome to the club my friend. I was not even close to a Drake fan. Then all of a sudden I have almost all the Drake ships. WTF? Still undecided on the Bucky though. I may need a ship that can sustain damage.

Gearen

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Gearen
350R, Herald, M50, P72 (which when it appears is supposed to be faster than the P52) the P52, now the Razor... Don't forget the '72, its got the same amount of guns as the 85x...

I just hope if the Raz is fast they keep the 350R faster (Lore and all that, plus i've got one)
Lore doesn't say the 350r will be the fastest ship ever made.....

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
I saw the razor and bought it immediately. The stats that they have for it are amazing. 2 TR2 engines and 10 TR1 maneuvering thrusters? Plus, it's just a little over half the weight of the M50 with 4 more maneuvering thrusters and the same engine size. It looks like it will be THE racer to have.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Lore doesn't say the 350r will be the fastest ship ever made.....
The RSI site does, however:

"The combination of a Gangleri BP 707 Standard powerplant with a 300i fuselage re-engineered to accommodate twin Hammer Propulsion HM 4.3 thrusters makes the 350r the fastest personal craft you'll ever call your own."

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/ships/origin-300/350r

As the Herald brochure also it describes it as a "Personal Craft" I am willing to accept the 350 may not eventually be fastest in the 'verse but it should remain the fastest non-multicrew craft.

Meh, as long as it says swift i'll be okay, it still has a passible armament compared to its compatriots but that's no excuse to slow it down ;)

Gearen

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Gearen

"The combination of a Gangleri BP 707 Standard powerplant with a 300i fuselage re-engineered to accommodate twin Hammer Propulsion HM 4.3 thrusters makes the 350r the fastest personal craft you'll ever call your own."

As the Herald brochure also it describes it as a "Personal Craft" I am willing to accept the 350 may not eventually be fastest in the 'verse but it should remain the fastest non-multicrew craft.

Meh, as long as it says swift i'll be okay, it still has a passible armament compared to its compatriots but that's no excuse to slow it down ;)
"the fastest personal craft you'll ever call your own" does you know what an advertisement is? ;) Don't expect for the 350r to be that alwais. Thats the same thing they said about the bugatti veyron back on it's day.

MikeNificent

Space Marshal
Sep 24, 2016
RSI Handle
MikeNificent

I believe the term is 'poetic license.' It's when advertisers say whatever the f$#k they feel like, provided it's subjective. Kinda like another company I know...

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Well, Alpha etc I suppose that page was written when they didn't have $140 million.

Yes I am still in denial, someone please let me know when they announce a ship that goes faster than the 350R sub-quantum.

Forgot your password?