This Week's Concept Sale - MISC Racer The Razor

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
$135 for a racer? HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH no.

"Previous Star Citizen racing ships have been designed with a dual role in mind or as adaptations of existing ships (the Mustang Gamma and 350R). The Razor was intended to be a racer from the skids up. Like the M50 interceptor, the Razor’s natural abilities will make it effective for speed-related missions off the racetrack … but unlike the M50, that was a completely secondary concern."
So don't expect do do anything else with it.
Although, it could make for a nifty "mosquito" for drawing fire away from larger ships in a skirmish. I know the M50 has that role, but the Razor will be a slightly smaller profile and more maneuverable so it'll be harder to hit.

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
Its funny I like the idea of a racer just to personally get better at flying so not for in game play as such. Sadly even though I think the game is years from release this ship is to ugly to break my wallet open plus I would be better of using the M50 for that. I also am getting salty at words like designed as dedicated racer (i.e. better) when if it is just plain better why have the other racer ships or will we end up with one series races only.

Anyways for you knowledgable types is the Khartu-Al a good choice to get better at flying (I know its under gunned) just thinking of upgrading the bucc to something flyable.

Reactions: MikeNificent

Grimm_Reaper

Space Marshal
May 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Grimm_Reaper
[QUOTE
Why would we choose this ship over an M50 or 350R? Why would we choose those ships over the Razor?

Designed to be an endurance racer rather than a drag or F1 style racer the Razor will be able to last longer in races before the pilot has to start considering their fuel levels, whilst the pure performance isn’t as good as the M50/350R in a straightline or maneuverability it will still be able to keep up.
[/QUOTE]
Why would they style it after a F1 and make it run like a Indy 500 car. Their style sense baffles the mind.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Why would they style it after a F1 and make it run like a Indy 500 car. Their style sense baffles the mind.
Alpha, everything is subject to change. Look at the Herald, the model we have now looks very different to the concept art which had a giant dish to the side and one big wing...

Reactions: MikeNificent
Forgot your password?