This Week's Concept Sale - MISC Racer The Razor

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I'd hazard a guess the 600 and 300 reworks will go on at the same time- similar to how CIG is working on the Cutlass rework and the Bucc/Dragonfly/Caterpillar concurrently. Easier when you can share assets across different artists working on the ships from the same company.
That makes a lot of sense :)

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
I think they get tied into what they like making, so it probably wont be a small industrial ship. Since they reportedly took salvage away from the caterpillar what would be useful would be a ship for that other than the reclaimer (can a cruicible do any? still both expensive ships).

I do not mind racing ships they are good to learn to fly in but not really seeing their purpose in the general CU at the moment.

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
So the current rumours have said, Science and Salvage are no longer modules planned for the Caterpillar they alluded to this in the anniversary presentation when he said he had to simplify the toolbox for cats. The problem I have is all that leaves is cargo and pirate and we already know its go lousy armaments unless you fit modules, so to control numbers I expect an armament front module (since that's always going to be only one, but rumour is missles so not even that useful). You can expect a third crew module since its only got two already so it can operate as a troop carrier and or some sort of drop ship module and maybe a medic bay.

I really hope its not this small because those modules suck for me and not why I had the caterpillar. I just hope either I am wrong or else they go back sometime in the future and add back actual flexibility in role. Still hopefully a week to find out at least.

Whilst a pretty ship as a hauler it sucks comparative to the on paper BMM and Hull C which are both still cheaper (carry much much more and do not look any worse in defense).

Oh well tis just a game.

Phantomoftruth

Space Marshal
Feb 14, 2016
RSI Handle
PhantomofTruth
A mechanicus that doesn't wish to study other machines. Must be a heretic. And before you say thats not right look at how many mechanicum die because they when they want to get too close to those necron artifacts. Congrats you awoke a tomb world.
Who needs a Tomb World when you have the Dragon of Mars?

Reactions: Blind Owl

Phantomoftruth

Space Marshal
Feb 14, 2016
RSI Handle
PhantomofTruth
Hoplite concept for 2.6 release, could dovetail to holiday stream. the way I heard chatter, it seemed they had something else up their sleeves. pure speculation.

I_MIKE_I

Space Marshal
May 7, 2016
RSI Handle
I_MIKE_I
I'd hope for the Anvil Hurricane... the Hoplite would be super lame IMO... unless it costs like 50$, then it would be interesting.

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
I do hope it is the hoplite because I have no interest in at all zero. I do not get the game play of paying loads of NPCs to then carry them to invade another ship. Either they will be really good or really bad, either way will be a game problem.

Note I have no problems being bad on another persons ship. I kind of might even get my testie badge of honour for badness.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
So the current rumours have said, Science and Salvage are no longer modules planned for the Caterpillar they alluded to this in the anniversary presentation when he said he had to simplify the toolbox for cats. The problem I have is all that leaves is cargo and pirate and we already know its go lousy armaments unless you fit modules, so to control numbers I expect an armament front module (since that's always going to be only one, but rumour is missles so not even that useful). You can expect a third crew module since its only got two already so it can operate as a troop carrier and or some sort of drop ship module and maybe a medic bay.

I really hope its not this small because those modules suck for me and not why I had the caterpillar. I just hope either I am wrong or else they go back sometime in the future and add back actual flexibility in role. Still hopefully a week to find out at least.

Whilst a pretty ship as a hauler it sucks comparative to the on paper BMM and Hull C which are both still cheaper (carry much much more and do not look any worse in defense).

Oh well tis just a game.
This would break my heart. I'd be saying goodbye to my Cat if this were the case.

Reactions: Sportsvee
Forgot your password?