Time to take stock of spended bucks and owned ships

I am waiting faithfully for SC and drop my hard-earned Dollars (Euros) into Chris Roberts hands:

• Nope, I've given it all for beer, laughing at dumb Chris Robert's disciples

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Yes, but only 100 bucks (or less). Still curious and drinking more beer instead.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Yesss, between 100 and 500 bones - and it still hurts! But beer heals all wounds.

Votes: 49 42.6%
  • Yeah, somehow about five to ten Benjamins. I'd spend more when the time comes.

Votes: 17 14.8%
  • A grand...or wait, two grand? Or weren't it three? I don't care. Beer for all, TEST = BEST.

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • A rack...and I only stopped throwing money 'cause the fork lifter collided. Too much beer.

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • ...and I own one or two ships. Tiny little things but I'm good.

Votes: 18 15.7%
  • ...and I own three to five ships. A good base to start with SC.

Votes: 34 29.6%
  • ...and I own six to ten ships - I'm totally puzzled (or drunk) and don't know what to do later on.

Votes: 22 19.1%
  • ...and I own a whole fuckin' fleet. The 'verse will be mine, mua~hahaha ... (drunk megalomaniac)

Votes: 17 14.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
Don't do it, that's one of the most valuable ships, it will be in short supply! I plan on protecting mine with my Retaliator.
Thanks to all the 3587 people urging me to keep the Starfarer. I will.
And that will mean breaking the bank for the next beautiful concept ships CIG will put out. But, oh well. I learnt how to manage my finances from @Blind Owl (who never spends more than he should) :))))

You guys better help me crew it! :D

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Thanks to all the 3587 people urging me to keep the Starfarer. I will.
And that will mean breaking the bank for the next beautiful concept ships CIG will put out. But, oh well. I learnt how to manage my finances from @Blind Owl (who never spends more than he should) :))))

You guys better help me crew it! :D
I'm great at managing finances! I never, ever spend more than I should. Ever!! I'm boiling old leather shoes to eat right now, but I have shiny digital ships to make my heart feel full. Fuller than my empty stomach that is. :D

Mog_No_1

Captain
Donor
May 3, 2016
RSI Handle
And 10 each Starfarers, Beerfarers, Prospectors, Reclaimers and Crucibles...
Maybe one Hope class for strays we pick up...

Jest sayin'
Your all still forgetting the most important ship of any convoy, queen of the fleet, spit pollish her every day, the world renound, multi award winning.....

890 Jump:rolleyes:

Now we have a convoy

Mog_No_1

Captain
Donor
May 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Would seem I have 2x Super Hornets these days, 1 with LTI and 1 without.....would there be any conceivable reason I shouldnt scrap the non LTI SH? I dont know if a person has a use for 2 of the same ship?o_O

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I can't do that, as I've melted and bought back too many times. Too many of my ships are bought with store credit. :(
Me too, but there's a way to sell credits on GM, usually at 78% of worth. It's a loss, but a way for people to get out.

I probably won't do it, just a thought.

Rolo

Vice Admiral
Donor
Apr 22, 2016
RSI Handle
RoloKipp
(The following is the personal opinion of one old man)

I'm over grinding through the start of an MMO. I designed my fleet (which isn't quite complete yet) to be about the middle of where I want to be, so I can avoid as much grind as possible and get to the kind of laid-back, fun play I usually take a couple months to get to.

So I'm keeping my far-too-many ships and while I think it's cool to start with nothing and develop your character from scratch, please allow me to sit in my overstuffed leather lounger on my Crucible and raise a glass in salute :-)

Cheers!

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli

I'm over grinding through the start of an MMO. I designed my fleet (which isn't quite complete yet) to be about the middle of where I want to be, so I can avoid as much grind as possible and get to the kind of laid-back, fun play I usually take a couple months to get to.

So I'm keeping my far-too-many ships and while I think it's cool to start with nothing and develop your character from scratch, please allow me to sit in my overstuffed leather lounger on my Crucible and raise a glass in salute :)

Cheers!
That's the exact mentality I used to build my fleet. Part of me just wonders why the hell I spent so much money. But that part will probably lose out to the part that wants to fly a giant spaceship.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl

So I'm keeping my far-too-many ships and while I think it's cool to start with nothing and develop your character from scratch, please allow me to sit in my overstuffed leather lounger on my Crucible and raise a glass in salute :)

Cheers!
I concur with this sentiment. Thanks for putting it into words. I don't have the time to spend grinding my way up to a point that I'm really enjoying the game. Too many real life priorities. Like watching my son learn to walk. And watching @CrudeSasquatch trying to remember how to walk. ;)
That's the exact mentality I used to build my fleet. Part of me just wonders why the hell I spent so much money. But that part will probably lose out to the part that wants to fly a giant spaceship.
I thought that way too. For a bit. But dammit, my mortgage is paid and my bills are paid. And there's food in the fridge...except for right now because I'm in the field and my wife is on the east coast. So basically @CrudeSasquatch is starving too death as we speak. Someone go feed him. Please.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I thought that way too. For a bit. But dammit, my mortgage is paid and my bills are paid. And there's food in the fridge...except for right now because I'm in the field and my wife is on the east coast. So basically @CrudeSasquatch is starving too death as we speak. Someone go feed him. Please.
I will send him an emergency food-parcel :D

Forgot your password?