Time to take stock of spended bucks and owned ships

I am waiting faithfully for SC and drop my hard-earned Dollars (Euros) into Chris Roberts hands:

• Nope, I've given it all for beer, laughing at dumb Chris Robert's disciples

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Yes, but only 100 bucks (or less). Still curious and drinking more beer instead.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Yesss, between 100 and 500 bones - and it still hurts! But beer heals all wounds.

Votes: 49 42.6%
  • Yeah, somehow about five to ten Benjamins. I'd spend more when the time comes.

Votes: 17 14.8%
  • A grand...or wait, two grand? Or weren't it three? I don't care. Beer for all, TEST = BEST.

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • A rack...and I only stopped throwing money 'cause the fork lifter collided. Too much beer.

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • ...and I own one or two ships. Tiny little things but I'm good.

Votes: 18 15.7%
  • ...and I own three to five ships. A good base to start with SC.

Votes: 34 29.6%
  • ...and I own six to ten ships - I'm totally puzzled (or drunk) and don't know what to do later on.

Votes: 22 19.1%
  • ...and I own a whole fuckin' fleet. The 'verse will be mine, mua~hahaha ... (drunk megalomaniac)

Votes: 17 14.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Okieflyer

Captain
Apr 12, 2016
RSI Handle
Okieflyer
Thank you for this post!

Avenger Stalker (My game package ship)
325A
300I
Constellation Taurus (Just so I could have a large one)

I used to get on to my kids who wanted money to buy coins on Free Realms. I said you are spending money on something you don't own. You're buying bits. A bunch of ones and zeros all lined up a certain way. Now I'm doing it.

They do look cool though.

Reading this post makes me feel a little better. ;)

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Today I tested the 350R. Let's put it this way, the ship looks cool, has the right colors, is fast but is not my kind of ship. My first wave with the stock Omnisky IV was so bad that I aborted the mission... that was my first time!!! I replaced the Omnisky with 2 CF-117 and one CF-227 and then it became better.
Its advantage is speed and durability but you can't use that to kill, guns kill, speed and durability keep you alive, missiles are.... euhm.... I actually don't use them allot.... when i'm almost busted then I remember that I still have some missiles and better can use them before I'm gone. When I don't have guns I try to stay as long as possible in game so the Vanduuls can use me as target practice instead of shooting at my companions, maybe a ramming before I'm obliterated.
If the 2 missile racks could be replaced with fixed gun emplacements, then I certainly would buy a 300 series and it would be the 350R for it's good looks (Black / Yellow attracts me somehow). With 3 guns it just doesn't has enough fire power. It is fast, compared to its speed very maneuverable (just hit the boost and let it loose before you black out) and can have a hit.

By the way, is that the new way of playing? After a wave I power down and wait for the next wave, but lately my companions start to ram me while I'm waiting :(.

Xian-Luc Picard

Space Marshal
Jan 9, 2016
RSI Handle
Xian-Luc_Picard
I look forward to the first big TESTie showdown where we will show the Vers how we roll taking out those Idris's with wave after wave of Aurora's at cruise speed nailing the Idris command deck while flipping the bird. :D

wave 1 - the Canadian branch
wave 2 - the European branch
wave 3 - the American branch

.......somewhere at the end will be the Australian branch having tea and biscuits LOL :cool:
That's right... send everyone else in before the Americans. Then, when we are done, we will take all of the credit for any positive result. Hey, it worked in WW2, amiright?

Xian-Luc Picard

Space Marshal
Jan 9, 2016
RSI Handle
Xian-Luc_Picard
I prefer BBQ, a big hump of lightly scorched meat, best served with cold beer, but I guess the air cleaners can't handle that kind of smoke in space :rolleyes:.
But it certainly would be a big hole in the market :cool:
Get a smoker and vent the smoke to space. Problem solved. Meat is the only food... all else is garnish for the meat.

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
Every time I look at bigger ships I worry a bit about how the NPC crew mechanics are going to work and wonder if it will be worth it.
Am I stupid for thinking about melting my Starfarer($300 CCU value) for $195 because I'm worried it will be too large/awkward for solo play? Any ship I could CCU to is even larger. I am scared. Help me, testies!

Xian-Luc Picard

Space Marshal
Jan 9, 2016
RSI Handle
Xian-Luc_Picard
Am I stupid for thinking about melting my Starfarer($300 CCU value) for $195 because I'm worried it will be too large/awkward for solo play? Any ship I could CCU to is even larger. I am scared. Help me, testies!
You will kick yourself later if the game mechanics are conducive to crewed solo play (ie. NPC crew). I would hold onto it until we know more about the game mechanics. Worst case is that you trade it in later for UEC and get something else while keeping the full UEC value. Either that, or buy more big ships to make you feel like the Starfarer is small... that is the TEST way of solving the problem.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
That's right... send everyone else in before the Americans. Then, when we are done, we will take all of the credit for any positive result. Hey, it worked in WW2, amiright?
We're we even in WWII? I thought that was all you. ;) Italy, Juno Beach, Caen . . .
I need to stop buying ships... A guy offered me a Connie Taurus for $110 USD today.... So now I have a Taurus...
Atta boy!
no ragrets.jpg

Don't do it! If anything, upgrade. ;)

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
You will kick yourself later if the game mechanics are conducive to crewed solo play (ie. NPC crew). I would hold onto it until we know more about the game mechanics. Worst case is that you trade it in later for UEC and get something else while keeping the full UEC value. Either that, or buy more big ships to make you feel like the Starfarer is small... that is the TEST way of solving the problem.
This is becoming quite the problem.

Mog_No_1

Captain
Donor
May 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Well I can relate to this issue. I have 2 bigish ships both 5 seater crew I think and there is some reservations that it will be abit of a pig to get them crewed to fly them properly. In the end I love the look of both my 890jump and Reclaimer so with that reason alone I will hold onto them. Read somewhere with atleast the Reclaimer you need a minimum of 2 real people and can crew the other spots with NPCs. Id imaging the Starfarer will be the same as I think that is a 5 man ship. Id suggest if you like the ship and what it does, hold onto it. When the time comes when we can all role out the multicrew ships and try to convoy a selection, that will be interesting times to pull enough people together for bums on seats. Hopefully with a sizable org like TEST, we can all make it happen!

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
I have a mix of sized ships, I hope I can play most of them solo which does not preclude me enjoying teaming up with others. If it turns out most multi crew ships are liabilities to fly solo then they may well will need to develop upgrade paths for solo ships, and a lot of people will have invested a lot of money on a small ships games with large climbing frames in their garage! (Course you can fly them into the sun when insurance expires and never get them back!!!! Curses LTI)!

Forgot your password?