Unholy Tournament of Test Squadron!! for 2.6!!! Let the games begin!!!!

Would you rather...

• Have just a 4v4 Tournament for max number of teams

Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Have just a 8v8 Tournament

Votes: 8 9.0%
  • Have just a 12v12 Tournament For max number of combatants

Votes: 12 13.5%
  • Have the 4v4 Tournament and then combine teams for 8v8 and 12v12 for more than one Tournament

Votes: 50 56.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
@Adiran I feel like a lot of the teams need to be reorganized, with those who can't participate and those who are afk kicked out and replaced with people who are actually here.
to do this would take a week or more. waiting for people to respond to a roll call. resetting the teams.

it would be so much better if when people commit to something they finish it... tell you what team captains. get a roll call and give me a list of player still willing to play. if we get enough to reform teams we will put them in the redemption bracket to face off. if not they will go straight to the finals if there are only 2 that aren't the 2 teams already there. that way we have 4 teams for finals.

i'm only expecting team 9 and 1 other team to show up at most but we will see. by sun at 2359 central time if we have enough players to field at least 2 teams ready to go and willing to actually participate i'll resurrect the redemption bracket. if not then the 2 remaining teams (Shivre and Dickbutts) will face off as the finals. Yes i'm looking at you team 3...

Fade691

Space Marshal
Donor
Dec 25, 2015
RSI Handle
Fade691
@Fade691 get your team together and see if you can get a game in with @orac_zen!!
Yes Dad :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.
No seriously, we have been in contact since last weekend and we are having a match on this saturday, as i asked you about earlier. It's looking like both teams will need some subs though, still figuring that out.
Dammit @Blind Owl, how are we gonna keep these youngins from walking all over our control points with out you there to shake your cane at them.

Oh and thank you Adrian for the doing the thankless task of trying to keep a group of drunken misfits on track and organized in a tournament delayed several months due to a delayed patch release. I'm sure its frustrating but you are hanging in there, so thanks :wink:

Last edited:

Soven Taliesyn

Space Marshal
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Soven-Taliesyn
I would have been there and I would have committed had it been sooner. I was still reachable on steam and I may have been able to work something out. Possibly even an email, blasted to everyone like the news letters.

I may be able sub for someone if need be.

I've just been busy, new job, working on selling and buying a house (selling mine, buying another).

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Dammit @Blind Owl, how are we gonna keep these youngins from walking all over our control points with out you there to shake your cane at them
Let me know time. If there's no game update to install, I may be able to play via hot spotting my phone into a Wi-Fi connection. I just upped my data plan, so this *may* be a viable option. :)

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Possibly even an email
Unwatch this thread, watch again with the option: email notification. You also can do this with conversations, so for example, if you are in a new group, set up a group conversation and leave the email notification on. That way you always know what is happening within the group. Setting up a email notification on this thread could be vulnerable to a lot of shitpost emails.

Fade691

Space Marshal
Donor
Dec 25, 2015
RSI Handle
Fade691
So our match will be around 18:00 cst (-6 utc) on Saturday. Looks like both teams will be looking for at least one sub. If anyone is interested in the action please let myself or @orac_zen know and be on discord a bit before 18:00, Thanks.

DrunkenTeddy

Order of 10 High Priest
Donor
Apr 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DrunkenTeddy
tell you what team captains. get a roll call and give me a list of player still willing to play.
Our team is mostly still available to play, except 2 members who seem to be unresponsive now.
@Devil Doge @Commisar Jon Fuklaw
If either of you still want to be on the team please reply here or in our group message.

Soven Taliesyn

Space Marshal
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Soven-Taliesyn
Unwatch this thread, watch again with the option: email notification. You also can do this with conversations, so for example, if you are in a new group, set up a group conversation and leave the email notification on. That way you always know what is happening within the group. Setting up a email notification on this thread could be vulnerable to a lot of shitpost emails.
You're missing my point. I don't need an email notification every time someone says something in here.

Also, I'm not upset I missed it. That was my fault. All I'm saying is that no one should get upset that some of us can't keep a commitment on something that didn't have a set date and only notice sent out was on the forums. Some of us get busy and don't have time to be on here regularly.

I do have my steam linked here, friended with some of you and have email attached to forums so I receive newsletters and what's it's.

TL;DR: I'm not upset I missed it. My fault. No one should be upset people weren't there if you didn't try to reach them.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
if you didn't try to reach them.
Maybe that is a thing to consider next tournament, how to reach everybody. If I'm not mistaken, @Adiran put that task on the shoulders of the team captain, but when they aren't online for a time and when they aren't alerted, they can't react......hmmmm.....an idea just popped up in my mind:

Maybe someone should set up one conversation with every team captain, strict rules, no shitposting, email alert on. When something news arrives, this can be posted in the team-captains-conversation, every team-captain is alerted, no unnecessary shitpost-email-spam.

The Beerjerk Brigade has it's own group conversation, advisable for every team to set up one. When the team captain or team member has something (team related) to say, use your team conversation.

Always remember team captains are just volunteers who try to arrange something for the team but it is not only the team captains responsibility to do everything alone, team members also have a responsibility to support their team captain and at least let him know if you are available or not.

I'm not upset I missed it. That was my fault. All I'm saying is that no one should get upset
Nobody is upset. I just think that @Adiran is a little bit disappointed because he put a lot effort in this tournament and it can be frustrating when nothing works out as planned. The true guilty one is good bad communication and RL.

Maybe a good lesson for any future events. First set up the rules, then give guidelines for good communication, when the event starts, check who is available / present and keep a pool of substitutes, half of the teams needed them at the first round and unfortunately due to RL the 2nd round we also need them.

Last edited:

Soven Taliesyn

Space Marshal
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Soven-Taliesyn
Maybe that is a thing to consider next tournament, how to reach everybody. If I'm not mistaken, @Adiran put that task on the shoulders of the team captain, but when they aren't online for a time and when they aren't alerted, they can't react......hmmmm.....an idea just popped up in my mind:

Maybe someone should set up one conversation with every team captain, strict rules, no shitposting, email alert on. When something news arrives, this can be posted in the team-captains-conversation, every team-captain is alerted, no unnecessary shitpost-email-spam.

The Beerjerk Brigade has it's own group conversation, advisable for every team to set up one. When the team captain or team member has something (team related) to say, use your team conversation.

Always remember team captains are just volunteers who try to arrange something for the team but it is not only the team captains responsibility to do everything alone, team members also have a responsibility to support their team captain and at least let him know if you are available or not.

Nobody is upset. I just think that @Adiran is a little bit disappointed because he put a lot effort in this tournament and it can be frustrating when nothing works out as planned. The true guilty one is good bad communication and RL.

Maybe a good lesson for any future events. First set up the rules, then give guidelines for good communication, when the event starts, check who is available / present and keep a pool of substitutes, half of the teams needed them at the first round and unfortunately due to RL the 2nd round we also need them.
Yeah, I'm disappointed in myself for not staying on top of it and missing it.

It was (IS) a great and we should definitely do it again. Maybe a do over. Lesson learned. Moving on. I think the issue came up with planning on something that had an unknown date.

Here's to the next tourney.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Yeah, I'm disappointed in myself for not staying on top of it and missing it.

It was (IS) a great and we should definitely do it again. Maybe a do over. Lesson learned. Moving on. I think the issue came up with planning on something that had an unknown date.

Here's to the next tourney.
Wow, hold your horses!!!! We still need some substitutes to complete the tournament, so if you want to shoot fellow TESTies for a good cause. Also if I'm not mistaken, there is some talk about resetting teams:

@Adiran I feel like a lot of the teams need to be reorganized, with those who can't participate and those who are afk kicked out and replaced with people who are actually here.
to do this would take a week or more. waiting for people to respond to a roll call. resetting the teams.

it would be so much better if when people commit to something they finish it... tell you what team captains. get a roll call and give me a list of player still willing to play. if we get enough to reform teams we will put them in the redemption bracket to face off. if not they will go straight to the finals if there are only 2 that aren't the 2 teams already there. that way we have 4 teams for finals.

i'm only expecting team 9 and 1 other team to show up at most but we will see. by sun at 2359 central time if we have enough players to field at least 2 teams ready to go and willing to actually participate i'll resurrect the redemption bracket. if not then the 2 remaining teams (Shivre and Dickbutts) will face off as the finals. Yes i'm looking at you team 3...

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
I set up a list of team captains on discord and messaged them there as well as tagging people here. With 10 teams of 6 thats 60 people i can't be expected to organize all 60. 10 however is dooable and i did accordingly. only thing more i could have done is get everyone's phone numbers. Which i may do for the next tourney. then we will know without having to wait who is available and who isn't. tho i'm sure not everyone is willing to give their phone number to a random dude on the internet.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
With 10 teams of 6 thats 60 people i can't be expected to organize all 60.
Only team captains was my suggestion. If the team captains can setup a similar conversation group, discords list or whatever with their team, then you have organized all 60. Now just pray that RL is kind to the tournament.

Forgot your password?