Why are ships so hard? (this may be a shitpost)

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
How is it that you're making these, is there a resource, or are you just cut/pasting together your ship list?
https://raylehnhoff.github.io/SCFSD/
I thought you had 7 DDFs, just CCU one of those to a redeemer when you have the scratch to do so. (and if you want more LTI tokens, sell them all back and buy them back using credit every 24hr till the sale ends to have buyback LTI tokens
Haha, I've been doing that. Every couple days anyways.
As for using extra scratch foe the Redeemer...
I don't want to spend more. I want to work with the resources I have. I'm trying to keep my fleet smaller and specialized. Thinking 6 ships max.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
https://raylehnhoff.github.io/SCFSD/

Haha, I've been doing that. Every couple days anyways.
As for using extra scratch foe the Redeemer...
I don't want to spend more. I want to work with the resources I have. I'm trying to keep my fleet smaller and specialized. Thinking 6 ships max.
This should be my final list plus a couple Dragonflies.
fleet.png

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Very good for ground support or against a big slow ship, but in dogfight it is not good. When evading enemy fire in a dogfight, the turret gunner become ineffective
There may be another role it can fill. Artillery support is an interesting notion against big, slow targets, and keeping opposing fighters busy with missiles.
I completely agree, though I didn't count on the missiles, good addition.

The Freelancer Mis is actually better at this. Normally I would not want to fight from a position where you can't see but through a peep hole in front of you despite the Freelancer's big guns, but as fire support it has it all going on with lots of big missiles, and a couple huge turrets. You can actually put 4 Apocalypse Gatlings on the thing with 5.2k range. If what you want is to knock down shields so the fighters can get in, and keep a fighter screen busy with missiles, the Mis could prove to be a surprisingly effective little boat. Even the Connie and Retaliator don't have S5 turrets.
Luckily I bought a Freelancer MIS, plus for me is it's a 3-seater, no extra personal so when it goes down there are no extra casualties.
[EDIT] and I don't need a Redeemer because the MIS is better at this :)

Last edited:

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
They said the Starfarer was like an fps level. The Reclaimer is an fps GAME!
Dear sweet baby Jesus, what will the Bengal be like? Or the javelin. Or a kingship?
Off topic question: How long will it be until I can take a dump on the shitter in my starferer's captain's quarters? CIG needs to get on this NOW. I had coffee this morning.....
How is this off topic? Isn't this the single most pertinent question to do with ships, ever?

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
Isn't this the single most pertinent question to do with ships, ever?
I think the MOST important question would be; Is there a separate physics grid inside the toilet to properly simulate the turd's brown smear across the bowl on its way down the pipe? There better be, or Chris Roberts is dirty liar. Literally unplayable.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
In AC, which is a relative smal space, you will see a Hornet always on your radar, doesn't matter how far away. You must be close to detect the Sabre. When you see it, you will have your pip. I didn't check fire distance. The armor lowers your EM/IR signature, for missiles harder to lock on / follow in flight.
I would be extremely interested to find out at what range various ships can detect the Sabre as I would use that info to select weapons. It seems to me possible the Omni's could be used to hit from medium range and outside the detectable zone, and if you know you can't be seen, you're able to fly very differently. . .take more risks, stay on target longer, ignore certain kinds of threats. Likewise it would be very interesting to get hard data on the kinds of distances and times it takes to lock various missiles on any target but especially the Sabre and Ghost. If you can't see it at 2k range, I would not feel bad about down-arming it to just 4 distortion cannons and experimenting taking on all sorts of foes.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I think the MOST important question would be; Is there a separate physics grid inside the toilet to properly simulate the turd's brown smear across the bowl on its way down the pipe? There better be, or Chris Roberts is dirty liar. Literally unplayable.
A dirty, shitty liar.
Literally unpoopable.
I would be extremely interested to find out at what range various ships can detect the Sabre as I would use that info to select weapons. It seems to me possible the Omni's could be used to hit from medium range and outside the detectable zone, and if you know you can't be seen, you're able to fly very differently. . .take more risks, stay on target longer, ignore certain kinds of threats. Likewise it would be very interesting to get hard data on the kinds of distances and times it takes to lock various missiles on any target but especially the Sabre and Ghost. If you can't see it at 2k range, I would not feel bad about down-arming it to just 4 distortion cannons and experimenting taking on all sorts of foes.
Interesting thought process. I should probably play around with this.

Forgot your password?